Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long day and I just jumped on - any clue or speculation as to WHY she’s in Kansas? I would think they’d drive straight through, even if in shifts. I think that’s very odd

I thought it was odd to stop there, too. I had wondered if there were charges pending against her there.

JMVHO.

Absolutely true....no winner there. My guess is AS is gone,(if not, will be shortly) probably as a single to base housing and the younger daughter is with LS back in SC. Church groups/neighbors will hopefully help with housing during the trial...
I felt so bad for the neighbors near the Watts house. People are still to this day leaving teddy bears and the house wont sell. Its just a creepy reminder at this point. I know people think they are doing a nice thing for the girls, but I disagree. The girls are gone. Teddy Bears are just going to have to be tossed which is going to make someone else feel bad. The neighbors probably don't want to be reminded every single day either. It makes their house depressing and if they wanted to leave, it makes it harder to sell. Make a donation in their honor. Give a bear to a disadvantaged little girl in Bella or Cece's honor. Something other than leaving bears that will get rained on. Rained on teddy bears are one of the saddest things you've ever seen too. Someone threw out what looked like a valentines day bear in my neighborhood and he was all gross and slumped over from the rain. It made my daughter cry.

I can’t stop thinking about how angry I am about this case, and wish there was anything I could possibly do to help. I just read the article about the woman that decorated the outside of the jail in Colorado Springs with Sonic items, blue balloons and ribbons, Gannon’s photo. I’m thinking about going to Salina tonight and setting up the same thing. I want her to know that we all love Gannon, and she can’t hide what she’s done, even in the middle of Kansas. I don’t want her to have a moment of peace.

I don’t have time to have photos printed, but I could do the rest of it. I don’t want to cause any trouble with the town, Salina is lovely, but I want her to know his heart has touched us all. What do you guys think? Is it possible that could get me into trouble legally?

This is the article about the wonderful person that set this up in CO:
‘That’s the last thing I want her to see before she’s locked up’: Local woman puts posters of Gannon outside jail

I have respect for defense attorneys, and their desire to uphold the law, and ensure a fair and unbiased judicial system, fighting for the rights of all who stand accused.

Having said that, I can’t IMAGINE being anyone, especially a woman, possibly a mother, having to sit at a defense table with LS. I cannot imagine having to do one single thing to aid in the defense of the criminal responsible for the murder of Gannon. My entire soul would scream out about the injustice of it all, I wouldn’t be able to continue.

Moo
Yeah, me neither. My thinking is her best bet is to go with a female. Someone that won’t get sucked in but can still tolerate the facts to represent her client.
Oh, I thought all that stuff was issued to them. Not that it matters but I would think they wouldn't want the inmates to go around without their undies.
It is issued. Eventually...there is a wait time that can range from reasonable to just whenever. That is once an inmate is finally able to request clothing and shower supplies. Everything is processed for order, disseminated through separate divisions and then filled. Then there’s the actual issue/receiving process. Wait in line. Wait for open time. Wait for common area. Wait for phone time. Wait. Wait. Wait. And wait some more.

“Worst Nightmare” is right.

NewsChannel 13's Julia Donovan sat down with criminal defense attorney Jeremy Loew to talk about how Stauch's behavior online could impact her time in court.

Stauch quickly became notorious for defending herself on social media when Gannon went missing in January. Loew says, if he were her attorney, she would have been told to stop posting immediately.

"Any attorney would always advise their client that they need to keep their mouth shut," said Loew. "They are never going to win the case in the court of public appeal."

He says everything she's said on Facebook could end up backfiring during trial.

"She's made statements across the board to what appears to be as many people as possible," said Loew. "Now all of those statements are going to be able to be presented to a jury."

Loew says any inconsistencies in her stories could help prosecutors reveal she was up to something.

Absolutely true....no winner there. My guess is AS is gone,(if not, will be shortly) probably as a single to base housing and the younger daughter is with LS back in SC. Church groups/neighbors will hopefully help with housing during the trial...
DBM

I can’t stop thinking about how angry I am about this case, and wish there was anything I could possibly do to help. I just read the article about the woman that decorated the outside of the jail in Colorado Springs with Sonic items, blue balloons and ribbons, Gannon’s photo. I’m thinking about going to Salina tonight and setting up the same thing. I want her to know that we all love Gannon, and she can’t hide what she’s done, even in the middle of Kansas. I don’t want her to have a moment of peace.

I don’t have time to have photos printed, but I could do the rest of it. I don’t want to cause any trouble with the town, Salina is lovely, but I want her to know his heart has touched us all. What do you guys think? Is it possible that could get me into trouble legally?

‘That’s the last thing I want her to see before she’s locked up’: Local woman puts posters of Gannon outside jail

DO IT! Please! Be smart about, make it so she can somehow see it.

It's awful late (literally) to be doing what you said, I so admire the thought, your energy, time and money could be better spent on someone in need right in Salina, find one in the morning....

Actually, I thought Kansas was an improvement over SC, lol :p
Long day and I just jumped on - any clue or speculation as to WHY she’s in Kansas? I would think they’d drive straight through, even if in shifts. I think that’s very odd
I thought it was odd to stop there, too. I had wondered if there were charges pending against her there.

JMVHO.

Hmmmm I think they would have listed charges underneath her booking information if that were the case instead of “courtesy hold”. Seems really risky and odd to have a sleepover in Kansas.

Shoot. A house that new and that nice would easily get $4,000 a month out here. Maybe more.

The home is on the lower end of the spectrum for prices in the springs due to the location. The further south the neighborhood, the less expensive. That neighborhood is almost in Fountain, which is a lower income /property community however, it is close in proximity to Ft. Carson the army base. Not sure which military instillation AS is affiliated with. There are several in the area.

In some states and certain circumstances, they may be able to file for victim's assistance to help pay for that. From what I understand, though, those programs are very limited and have strict guidelines about what they'll cover.
Oh thats a good point. At some point they would get it back from her in theory via restitution. I used that service for a broken window, locks, and some other things. That person didnt go to jail for life though so Im sure he was more likely to repay it than TS. It might not even be AS that has to file since the landlord is a victim too.

Agreed with above post about her social media backfiring !
She's already let so much 'slip' about past actions and her relationship troubles.
Stepmonster is the gift that keeps on giving.

Who knows what she'll say if put on the stand ?
Bet she'll demand to testify in her own defense. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm I think they would have listed charges underneath her booking information if that were the case instead of “courtesy hold”. Seems really risky and odd to have a sleepover in Kansas.
I think it's odd they drove instead of flying her back? Maybe the detectives are hoping she will blab the whole way back to Colorado, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86