Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are untold millions of acres in which Gannon’s body may lie. I’m sure law enforcement knows what they are doing, as they are being assisted by the FBI.

When the weather improves, I have no doubt there will be more searches in areas of interest. And although we aren’t hearing about a search effort, does not mean there isn’t one going on.

Just because we may not understand their reasoning, doesn’t mean there isn’t a good reason for what they’re doing.
It doesn't mean there's no good reason for expressing a different opinion either!
Where are you getting the potential thousands of miles, pray-tell?
Are you going with a body disposal via the rental?
There are no actual facts supporting that theory that we are aware of.
All we know is the location of the search locations, none of which were thousands of miles from the 4 hr window.
ALL were within the known 4 hr window, 10.13am-2.19pm, and that can be shortened further with driving distances to and from subtracted. It narrows it down considerably, in fact?

It doesn't mean there's no good reason for expressing a different opinion either!
All we know is the location of the search locations, none of which were thousands of miles from the 4 hr window.
ALL were within the known 4 hr window, 10.13am-2.19pm, and that can be shortened further with driving distances to and from subtracted. It narrows it down considerably, in fact?

If we dismiss the rental theory, because as you say, we don't even have verified mileage, we're probably looking at a spot around a 1 to 1.5 hour drive away (or less) - given the time, because she'd likely need a bit of time to actually finish her task and dispose of the body. And, the route is probably on the way to Castle Rock, since she mentioned she went there. But, it was the middle of the day -- she wouldn't have gone to a open field -- too easy to be observed. She likely pulled off into the foothills -- somewhere she'd have coverage by the trees - a camping ground, recreation area, something like that because she wouldn't risk getting stuck on a road that wasn't plowed, even though she had a truck (was it 4WD?). A remote spot but not too remote. Given that she had to kill GS when she got there -- I wonder if she had a gun.

I genuinely don’t have the slightest idea where “thousands of miles came from.” I certainly didn’t say that.

What I did say, was “millions of acres, which would be found in a radius of 50 miles.

I think different opinions are fine.

But if we assume disposal occurred during the 4-hr window on Monday, that's still a lot of area.

If we assume she could have driven in any direction one way for say, 50 miles, the area of that circle would be nearly 8000 square miles. (3.14 x 50 x 50) = 7850 sq miles. And if she could have driven 60 miles, that leaves a search area of over 11,000 square miles.

Of course, we can rule out disposal in the middle of a street or shopping center in broad daylight, and some areas would have been outright inaccessible to her or too far from a road, but that still leaves lots of area if all we really have is the starting and ending point at the Stauch home. Hopefully LE has more than that given the searches already done. But since GS hasn't been found in the previous searches, it's possible the searched areas aren't the right areas either.

JMO
Edit: typo

Last edited:
'millions of acres'
Yes, about 5 million acres in a radius of 50 miles. Is my math wrong?

Regardless, my point is that the search area is very large, when you consider you’re looking for a child.

A bit like a needle in a haystack.

That’s why they are searching specific areas, and not everywhere.

Last edited:
If we dismiss the rental theory, because as you say, we don't even have verified mileage, we're probably looking at a spot around a 1 to 1.5 hour drive away (or less) - given the time, because she'd likely need a bit of time to actually finish her task and dispose of the body. And, the route is probably on the way to Castle Rock, since she mentioned she went there. But, it was the middle of the day -- she wouldn't have gone to a open field -- too easy to be observed. She likely pulled off into the foothills -- somewhere she'd have coverage by the trees - a camping ground, recreation area, something like that because she wouldn't risk getting stuck on a road that wasn't plowed, even though she had a truck (was it 4WD?). A remote spot but not too remote. Given that she had to kill GS when she got there -- I wonder if she had a gun.
I do as well.
At first I thought she could not possibly have had a gun
because of her background, but it didn't stop her procuring teaching posts and it's possible Al had guns or she had another way to acquire a gun.
It's possible one of the objects she carried to the red truck that morning contained a gun.
I think we can even narrow the time down further, 45 minutes CS to Castlerock, 30 minutes- 40 minutes home to CS.. that leaves? less than 2 hrs to kill and dispose but then there were the alleged shop visits, (crimeonline) They may well have records of her visit.

It keeps taking me to her driving to the edge of a high place.

Yes, about 5 million acres in a radius of 50 miles. Is my math wrong?

Regardless, my point is that the search area is very large, when you consider you’re looking for a child.

A bit like a needle in a haystack.

That’s why they are searching specific areas, and not everywhere.
You can narrow it further if you run estimates on time she spent on all her stated stops, but I realize all she said may well be hogwash.
My point is that there is a finite number of tracks off the road she said she traveled.
If we run with the threw him from a height, we can narrow that further.
If we go with a dumpster theory the road she said she took would only have been used to dump bits of evidence of his prior injuries from the vehicle, blood stained items, possibly a murder weapon..

Her pleading guilty was in her best interest, as that tends to involve little to no jail time for the types of crimes she was charged with.

She talks here, she’s still probably still looking at a life sentence. I’m less than optimistic that she will play ball, as I don’t think the DA will make her an offer that she would be willing to take.

They’ll find Gannon without her help.
I am thinking along those lines as well.

Dan May/Michael Allen have TS's number. They have confidence in their case, and they aren't playing - see you in court. The burden is on TS to ask for a deal. If its about strategy, its the only move left. IMOO

TS's attorney's Kathryn Strobel and Kim Chalmers really have their work cut out for them.

IMOO

Except that's not what she said (and that's all we have right now) She says she loaded "exercise equipment" into the truck (weights?) in order to go to PIAS to buy Gannon hockey equipment (not to sell it) because it was the "only sport" he was interested in.

Since I think most of her SM utterances are intended for AS's ears, I'm going with she loaded exercise equipment into the truck, not (non-existent) hockey sticks. She apparently never bought Gannon his hockey gear...

Playing catch up as always so apologies if this is already covered,but "exercise equipment " also speaks as weights to me,and as we know how she likes to drop in her little breadcrumbs,should we be trying to find a body of water deep enough to weight a body down?

I do as well.
At first I thought she could not possibly have had a gun
because of her background, but it didn't stop her procuring teaching posts and it's possible Al had guns or she had another way to acquire a gun.
It's possible one of the objects she carried to the red truck that morning contained a gun.
I think we can even narrow the time down further, 45 minutes CS to Castlerock, 30 minutes- 40 minutes home to CS.. that leaves? less than 2 hrs to kill and dispose but then there were the alleged shop visits, (crimeonline) They may well have records of her visit.

It keeps taking me to her driving to the edge of a high place.

That sounds likely to me, and given that the terrain to the east of CS is flat and barren, she likely went north on I25 and pulled off somewhere to the west, maybe around Palmer Lake or Monument. It's unlikely she went into Castle Rock while GS was still in the truck. More likely, she went there afterwards as a cover for her alibi. If I lived there, I'd drive those routes and, as you say, check out the "high places."

David Humiston said, "It hit me like a brick wall of just like this is real, like he's not coming home."

"It's weighed really heavily on my heart."

'"The shirt design says "Justice for our Hero" and then it says "Gannon Strong" at the bottom with a blue ribbon, obviously his favorite color,"' said Humiston. He shared that fellow neighbor Samantha Nelson helped to create the most meaningful part of the design.
"Little image of little cartoon Gannon wearing a super hero cape. It's a simple, but it's a very powerful image, so that's what we chose to put on the top of it."
upload_2020-3-7_6-18-27.jpeg
Humiston says orders started coming in right away on Monday night and as of Thursday night "we had sold about 500 between shirts and hoodies all across the nation...we've had like probably a good handful of people from Canada and then we've had a lot of people from the UK."

It's the same kind of response for another project in honor of Gannon. Jessica Vallia says it started two weeks ago.

"It was supposed to be letters to Gannon. It's since taken a new turn on having the community have a voice in order to send their condolences and to send their prayers to his family in a way that's organized and is going to last longer than just posting on social media," said Vallia.

"We are also asking people from Colorado Springs, Colorado, worldwide if they can send in their pictures, their videos, of all of the support that Gannon has had from day one...we just want to be able to commemorate those things as they continue."

Humiston says the t-shirt project is wrapping up on Saturday night. There's no cut-off right now for sending in pictures and videos. If you're interested in doing that please send items to jessica@jessicavallia.com.

Services are happening at Restoration Church this Saturday and Sunday for Gannon, his family, and the community. CLICK HERE for more information.
T-shirt designed for Gannon Stauch, video and picture project organized

“We’re going to show everyone what Colorado is about and what it means to be a family,” said Mr. Mayhem with Virgin Ink Tattoo.

“We are doing $40 hearts for Gannon– he is Colorado’s little Hero,” said Mr. Mayhem.

“If anything like that were ever to happen to my children– I couldn’t imagine my heart goes out to them,” said Shannon Harmon with Virgin Ink Tattoo.

Each person coming into the shop has had their own reason as to why they want the tattoo.

“My son actually knew him— they go to the church we go to — I have spent hours crying over this,” said Candace Kolberg.

“The point behind the tattoo is remembering him– now if someone asks I can share his story,” said Kolberg.

“They will do it until they can’t do anymore,” Mr. Mayhem explained. “If it takes two years, it takes two years so you can always get a Gannon heart here.”

Virgin Ink Tattoo Studio is located at 425 N Circle Dr. in Colorado Springs. Click here for their website.

Permanent blue hearts in honor of Gannon

Playing catch up as always so apologies if this is already covered,but "exercise equipment " also speaks as weights to me,and as we know how she likes to drop in her little breadcrumbs,should we be trying to find a body of water deep enough to weight a body down?

I wondered the same thing, but about the only unfrozen bodies of water in January would probably have been water treatment plants, and they would be monitored on a weekday. And, as someone mentioned, they are fenced so it would be difficult for her to get a body over.

This is from
Psychiatria Danubina, 2016; Vol. 28, No. 3, pp 307 -

NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER AND SUICIDE Leo Sher James J. Peters Veterans’ Administration Medical Center and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA

Here is an excerpt-

["There is a popular belief that “Narcissists rarely commit suicide. When a Narcissist threatens to do this, it’s generally as a means of manipulation” (Saeed 2014). However, studies suggest that NPD is associated with suicidal behavior (Stone 1989, Links et al. 2003, Heisel et al. 2007). For example, a 15-year follow up study of patients admitted to a psychiatric hospital in New York showed that patients with NPD or narcissistic traits were significantly more likely to die from suicide compared to individuals without NPD or narcissistic traits (Stone 1989). Another study found that depressed older adults with narcissistic personalities were at increased suicide risk (Heisel et al. 2007)."] BBM

She just may have a reason to have been placed in a suicide suit.

<mod note: Added link to above article>
Very interesting. And allow me to add that the majority of NPDs are undiagnosed therefore, not included in studies.

A qualified diagnosis requires one to realize they have a problem and seek treatment. However, their defenses (blaming, lying, denial, distortion, and projection) are locked in protecting them from realizing that they are flawed.

Their greatest fear is exposure. And IMOO, that fear is at the core of TS's behavior. Her interviews and SM activity were acts of desperation intended to evade exposure. I think she fled to SC then attempted to escape during extradition. She is resisting - desperate and dangerous. I don't imagine her enduring the humiliation throughout a trial.

Again, IMOO.

Last edited:

Yeah,I'm not really sure why some posters seem to assume a PD equals bad,I mean sure there are some but I think maybe theres another way to look at it,like every one loves a prosecutor,the D.As office is all about sharp,tenacious lawyers knowing their stuff and believing in justice almost as a vocation,but the PD office seems to be tarred with being the place bad lawyers work because they aren't good enough to make the big bucks,but I think some(not all) do see it as a vocation,they believe in justice just as much as the D.A's do,and they believe that everyone is entitled to the best defence not just the best defence money can buy.
I personally couldnt be a defence attorney for all the tea in China,because as much as it would warm my heart to get justice for the genuinely wrongly accused,or even the guilty with extenuating circumstances,I couldnt bear to have to defend the monsters that balance it out (also,I'm not smart enough to be a lawyer:D).
Not sure if this post makes any sense,but I hope it kind of explains what I'm getting at!

That sounds likely to me, and given that the terrain to the east of CS is flat and barren, she likely went north on I25 and pulled off somewhere to the west, maybe around Palmer Lake or Monument. It's unlikely she went into Castle Rock while GS was still in the truck. More likely, she went there afterwards as a cover for her alibi. If I lived there, I'd drive those routes and, as you say, check out the "high places."
When LE started that 35 acre search they stated they intended checking ravines, possibly rope searches too..I don't know what happened to those plans or whether they were indeed fulfilled and unreported or new information arrived?
I wonder if the 'high places' can be narrowed down more to places she likely visited in the past because they were en route to known popular sites for hikers.
A place she noticed for being deadly ...

When LE started that 35 acre search they stated they intended checking ravines, possibly rope searches too..I don't know what happened to those plans or whether they were indeed fulfilled and unreported or new information arrived?
I wonder if the 'high places' can be narrowed down more to places she likely visited in the past because they were en route to known popular sites for hikers.
A place she noticed for being deadly

I've wondered that too, she probably visited the place before and knew where she was going when she left the house. I wonder if the FBI has questioned AS as to whether they frequented recreation areas around there? I don't think she would have just wandered around without a spot in mind.

I still can’t get over the smirking throughout. She feels a sense of contentment in what she’s done it seems. If so, then this was directed more at the parents than the boy, as they are the ones still alive to see it.
BBM
BINGO! There is no greater pain to inflict onto a loving parent than harming their child. TS's snickering exudes satisfaction. Her snicker appeared in the last two hearings. Scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname