Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ima, you come through yet again! I mean no disrespect to online courses & education, but dear lord this woman has more certifications!?!?!? She must have been online taking courses 24/7 ! o_O
You’re so nice. I can’t take the credit. @NCWatcher (thank you) was able to supply the clue. I just found a way to go grab the details to link.

I don't imagine her enduring the humiliation throughout a trial.

Again, IMOO.
Just MOO as well. She went into panic mode - to the point of committing a heinous murder of an innocent child - just to keep from having her abuse of him exposed and known. Now that not only that abuse, but the fact that she's an actual murderer, has been exposed for all to see, especially AS and BM, especially her own daughter and sister, I can't imagine the mental and emotional hurricane going on inside her head right now. Cognitive dissonance doesn't even being to describe it. How could someone like her bear the reality of having to sit in a courtroom with everyone there to see her for who she really is? After years of deceit and successful deception? I suspect she's quite suicidal.

I don't imagine her enduring the humiliation throughout a trial.

Again, IMOO.

Just MOO as well. She went into panic mode - to the point of committing a heinous murder of an innocent child - just to keep from having her abuse of him exposed and known. Now that not only that abuse, but the fact that she's an actual murderer, has been exposed for all to see, especially AS and BM, especially her own daughter and sister, I can't imagine the mental and emotional hurricane going on inside her head right now. Cognitive dissonance doesn't even being to describe it. How could someone like her bear the reality of having to sit in a courtroom with everyone there to see her for who she really is? After years of deceit and successful deception? I suspect she's quite suicidal.

She has always seemed so supremely confident that LE won't find his body, or at least she knows they are looking in the wrong areas. I thought, what if she went south toward Pueblo. I know it is flat and desolate down most of the roads, but I took a Google street look down Squirrel Road and noted several areas in which there was a drop off from the side of the road and also several places where there is a large culvert that goes under the road. Very easy for her to have put him in or near one of those culverts.
Le is probably targeting the areas they are because of GPS or phone pings but this is just a thought. Perhaps that is where she went in the rental car. MOO MOO MOO
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
Yes, about 5 million acres in a radius of 50 miles. Is my math wrong?

Regardless, my point is that the search area is very large, when you consider you’re looking for a child.

A bit like a needle in a haystack.

That’s why they are searching specific areas, and not everywhere.
Since Evelyn was found so close to home I’m hopeful GS will be found - I still think water is involved
JMO

i doubt Tee did anything to the dog at the time of G's disappearance, because she would have mentioned G ran away with the dog presplaining its absence.

it would also draw more attention to things at the house being abnormal , a missing child and missing dog or dogs would certainly raise even more difficult to answer questions

I've wondered that too, she probably visited the place before and knew where she was going when she left the house. I wonder if the FBI has questioned AS as to whether they frequented recreation areas around there? I don't think she would have just wandered around without a spot in mind.
I'm wondering about that too.
They certainly have so much more info than we do, yet they stated they had not found him.
I think she had the spot in mind but I also think it's possible that a lot of what she loaded was dumpster material, and we just saw a very short time frame, she could have been loading all night and for a much longer period of time.
If that's the case, it's likely she chose a bloodless death for the child and any blood subsequently discovered is from the night before, and very possibly for many nights and days, not yet documented, only speculated because to inflict a fatal or life threatening blow in a first physical assault seems unlikely.
If the lakes and water sources were either too shallow, too visible or frozen over, as local people have told us she went for a push option or a dumpster option because the cadaver dogs would have alerted a shallow or even a deep grave.

Then again we are not aware of other trips she made prior to calling LE, that 4 hr other window..
We saw her reversing back in but by the time LE arrived at 10.15pm her daughter's vehicle was in garage and we do not know where her's was.
The repetition is hurting.
All of above is JMO and limited to disposal during the 4 hrs window.

She brought up the supposed trip to Castle Rock for some reason, likely because she was there, and knew LE knew she was there.

I see a few possible theories as to where Gannon's body is.

She put him in a dumpster, and he's now in a landfill somewhere. I think this is highly likely, it's quick, and easy.

She put him in a secluded, wooded area, and covered him up with rocks, brush, etc. This is a lesser likelihood for me as it would not be the most assured in terms of Gannon's disappearance, and with drive time and/or work involved, I think in 'freaked out' haste, it would be too time consuming.

She drove to a spot and threw him off a cliff. Google Earth is a wonderful tool for use in this case, it really gives one a good look at terrain in the area. There are lots of places to go up in the mountains on back country roads, however I see no evidence of her having traveled in any of those directions, the exception being the area to the west of the search area on the 'S' turn on 105.

She dismembered him and placed his body parts in several spots. I find this unlikely as it would be too time consuming, messy, and leave way too much evidence.

So, I go first and foremost with dumpster. Put his body directly in a dumpster on the day she murdered him, OR (more likely in my belief based on the charges in this case) retrieve his body from where she first left it, put it in a heavy duty trash bag, OR some sports bag OR a suitcase of some kind, and throw it in a dumpster. From all observation on my part, she'd be able to do this without much difficulty. It is the quickest, easiest, least evidence producing, method of making her problem disappear.

Second to that, the cliff and/or wooded area with a quick throw over the side, or a covering up of his body, Somewhere west of 105.

I was thinking about her fighting with the deputy. What’s the point, unless it was a 90 lb female, did she really think she was going to escape. And then what. Maybe she’s that gutsy and knows she has nothing to lose. Maybe she knows exactly what evidence they have against her. Otherwise why make your guilt so obvious. Unless she was trying to get taken out. If that deputy wasn’t a thin female, I wouldn’t put it past her to have attempted suicide by cop.

She was transported in a van. Most likely she had slipped her cuffs while in transit and assaulted the officer when they opened the back doors of the van for a restroom break, or something similar. IMO, it was most likely a frantic plan to escape. She knows, unlike the rest of us, what she did, and where she left evidence. She knows full well she will be convicted. I have not doubt she will attempt escape again at some point.

Since Evelyn was found so close to home I’m hopeful GS will be found - I still think water is involved
JMO
Yes you have said that this for quite a while now and honestly I am beginning to come around to that as well. I mean they were searching in water towards the beginning which I believe was an actual search for Sweet Gannon. Then they went north to search in the snow and I believe that was searching for evidence that TS threw away not for Gannon. I am with you and believe that water is where he will be found. IMO of course.

"What they are trying to do is put the pieces of this puzzle together," he says.

"What they're thinking is… Gannon did not have a voice in this. What they're thinking is his family needs closure."

Corsentino said, "It may be testimony or statements, it may be interceptions, I don't know if they issued a wire-tap on her phone ... it could be evidentiary in the sense that when they were conducting their search, there was something found and brought to bear."

"As the investigation is continuing even while she's under arrest, they're still trying to fomulate the preparation to bring this woman to trial," Corsentino said.
P.I. gives insight on lack of public information in LeTecia Stauch case - KRDO

Tiny bit more info here

Letecia Stauch was being transported by El Paso County sheriff's deputies from South Carolina, where she was arrested Monday, to Colorado Springs on Interstate 70 when she "slipped her cuffs" and assaulted a transport officer at milepost 284, near Abilene, Dickinson County Sheriff Gareth Hoffman told The Gazette on Friday.

Sheriff's deputies assisted in getting Stauch to a local hospital to be checked out, Hoffman said. After she was treated and released, deputies assisted in arranging for Stauch to be held overnight in the Saline County jail, about 100 miles north of Wichita, Kan., since the Dickinson County jail was full.

Hoffman was unaware of any pending charges resulting from the alleged incident. Stauch was not re-arrested or cited, he said.

Kansas sheriff: Gannon Stauch stepmom Letecia Stauch attacked deputy during transport

I wonder if she got tasered??,would they have to get her checked out if they tasered her?

I do as well.
At first I thought she could not possibly have had a gun
because of her background, but it didn't stop her procuring teaching posts and it's possible Al had guns or she had another way to acquire a gun.
It's possible one of the objects she carried to the red truck that morning contained a gun.
I think we can even narrow the time down further, 45 minutes CS to Castlerock, 30 minutes- 40 minutes home to CS.. that leaves? less than 2 hrs to kill and dispose but then there were the alleged shop visits, (crimeonline) They may well have records of her visit.

It keeps taking me to her driving to the edge of a high place.
@GRT and @kittythehare I think you got it !!

The possibility of TS using a rifle is great! In one of the images of the children, I noticed a mounted buck head. So with the possibility of AS being a hunter plus in the military, he would have a rifle or shotgun.

In the very beginning of RD's video, TS is walking out to move the truck. She appears to be carrying a soft rifle case. She opens the truck door and slides it behind the driver's seat, like many hunters do. Search a large shopping site for soft rifle case. The average length is only 3.5 ft.

I am convinced enough to now be sick to my stomach.

Last edited:
Her pleading guilty was in her best interest, as that tends to involve little to no jail time for the types of crimes she was charged with.

She talks here, she’s still probably still looking at a life sentence. I’m less than optimistic that she will play ball, as I don’t think the DA will make her an offer that she would be willing to take.

They’ll find Gannon without her help.

I really hope so,but even if they dont I have the feeling that LH and AH will find a way to live with that rather than have them offer any deals,I also get the feeling that there is no deal the DA feels inclined to offer MOO

JMO
I didn’t realize she was found. :( I’ve seen her precious face and heard bits of her story but just couldn’t bring myself to follow another missing child murdered at the hands of a mother.
I too think he’s close to home. Water would make sense as to why they r holding off on active searches at the moment. If they have information leading them to an area of water they could be waiting for some thawing in the coming weeks and months.
I have to keep believing that all their hard work and investigation has led them close to Gannon but Mother Nature is making recovery difficult for them at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member