Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus she's been deemed mentally competent to stand trial... She's crazy alright....Crazy like a fox!

I've stated ad nauseam that I believe she has both NPD and APD, but I'm only a Psych Major, not a licensed Psychologist. People with personality disorders don't get off the hook for the crimes they commit.... in fact most criminals have PDs.
JMO

Her grinning/ smirking was not a nervous reaction, IMO but rather whats call "Dupers Delight" in Body Language.
Has she been declared competent? Or no one has asked for a competency hearing yet? Since she just got arraigned, this could definitely happen at the preliminary hearing.

Has she been declared competent? Or no one has asked for a competency hearing yet? Since she just got arraigned, this could definitely happen at the preliminary hearing.

Not sure about ID, but I remember reading she had been in HI... Maybe that is sufficient. Could also be a non issue since I don't believe her mental health has been questioned in regards to this case?!

An insanity defense would make sense though for her Atnny's because it was questioned in CVs divorce filing.
MOO.

LV appears (no obviously is) to be detached from reality. Why would she continue, to her own detriment, to put herself in a position to be incarcerated if she actually has knowledge the kids are alive and safe otherwise? That just doesn't make sense.

I don't think she is detached from reality, I think she is cunning and methodical. It is to her benefit to continue this charade if they are not alive. I don't think many of us think they are alive either for the simple reason she could likely get herself out of jail simply by stating where they are since the premise for such a high bail is largely due to those missing kids.

But who knows? She may reconsider now that Chad cant make her bail, but I'm sure there will be one last-ditch effort at another hearing to reduce it first.

Jon Noetzel on Twitter

When was the last time you saw a county inmate appear at an IA/bond hearing wearing a fresh coat of makeup? I don't believe I've ever seen that in my near 30 years in this business. Trial yes, IA never. Maybe that's standard procedure in Madison County.
Lol fresh coat of paint? :p

I wondered yesterday why the vehicle Nate videoed Lori getting into at the Rexburg airport didn't match the "white van" that almost all the other reporters said Lori arrived in:

Nate's video at Rexburg Airport: WATCH: Lori Vallow Daybell arrives in Rexburg and refuses to answer our questions | East Idaho News

Justin's video with the van she wasn't in afterall: Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

I assumed there was a vehicle switch between the airport drive away and the jail (although I don't know why they would need to do that, since it's only 2 miles). I guess the reporters didn't talk among themselves right away or Nate and the Dateline staff at the Rexburg airport didn't tell anyone waiting back at the courthouse the make and model of the vehicle? I don't know if this was a planned deception or simply a lack of communication. Maybe the PIO was not told they were varying protocol for Lori's arrival? Could the officers transporting her have made the final call on that due to safety concerns?
MOO.

Just sounds like Nate & Dateline got special treatment. I can understand the other reporters feeling duped but it's his territory. Not sure other places get that advantage or not. And yeah, local PD would trust Nate & Dateline has a big reputation to hold.

Hope it doesn't cause friction in the coverage, or friendships.

As far as the makeup, that was an in your face by both LVD & her lawyer. It didn't help as her smirks & laughing will sink her in the end. jmo

Special parking, CD & lawyer's business is next door to the court & jail, yeah, he gets treated special. Nothing to write home about.

Now we know who to look out for in case other questions arise about other people but I think they did okay considering.

FWIW, the other family members are in no way disliked. CD is. I guess that was the next best thing to security?

Interesting. I just took a look at a map:
View attachment 237106
View attachment 237106
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I believe the media was mostly out in front of the courthouse along Main street. Chad's attorney's office is Rigby, Andrus & Rigby, behind the courthouse. They seemingly went out a back door of the courthouse, got into a sedan, drove out through the alleyway between the law office and courthouse, and turned right onto N 2nd St. Were Chad and his lawyer possibly allowed to go out the back door of the courthouse because that is in the direction of the attorney's office? Or would they never be allowed to exit that way on a normal court day? SB probably knows the courthouse inside-out and walks those halls with his clients all the time. If that exit is always an option, why would they not be allowed to exit that way on this particular day? My main concern is that it appears the car was parked in an area designated for the jail. If allowing SB to park there never happens, then, absolutely, it was special treatment. But if the lawyer has been allowed to park there in the past for other cases, then maybe not such a big deal and not considered special treatment? IDK. I would want to know what is usual for other clients of SB before deciding if it was anything inappropriate as far as someone doing someone else a favor. Plus, it didn't work out very well. The media noticed and ran to try to get comment from Chad through the car window and the crowd temporarily blocked their exit onto the street so they had to honk the horn. Hopefully they won't do it that way again, as I feel like it created a potentially dangerous situation.

MOO.

Street view.png courthouse.png

On the right is Chad and his attorney leaving the Courthouse from an alley between the Women's Detention Center on the left and Bartholick's office on the right. That entire area is fenced, gated and topped with razor wire.

ETA - The photo on the left is a street view for reference.

At the link below, there's a video of Chad walking to his car from the opposite side. You can hear a LE officer telling the rerporter to "get back away from the gate."

No reporters could get near Chad.

https://twitter.com/LilianaSotoAZ/status/1236064757372702720

Liliana soto
@LilianaSotoAZ

Avoiding cameras...Chad Daybell attending wife’s #LoriVallow court hearing. Entering & exiting thorough a back door. Another special treatment? Everyone else entered thorough the main door. #Rexburg

0:02 / 0:10
5:02 PM · Mar 6, 2020

Source for screen shot -

I don't think she is detached from reality, I think she is cunning and methodical. It is to her benefit to continue this charade if they are not alive. I don't think many of us think they are alive either for the simple reason she could likely get herself out of jail simply by stating where they are since the premise for such a high bail is largely due to those missing kids.

But who knows? She may reconsider now that Chad cant make her bail, but I'm sure there will be one last-ditch effort at another hearing to reduce it first.

Totally agree! Put Simply... If she could produce those kids, she would have.

She has no justifiable reason to not let the courts (or at the very least Colby) know where they are, including her own benefit. She was even offered to just take a damn picture of them with current newspaper and couldn't even do that. Custody is a BS excuse invented later to try and justify her actions. Everything she touches seems to turn up dead.... "Cross her and the Angels will dispose of your remains"......

And the finger should be pointing laser like at Chad now..... why scramble to get together everything you own just to bale Lori out, if you KNOW the kids are safe... It defies logic unless and except if they are dead and buried.
JMO.

Not sure about ID, but I remember reading she had been in HI... Maybe that is sufficient. Could also be a non issue since I don't believe her mental health has been questioned in regards to this case?!

An insanity defense would make sense though for her Atnny's because it was questioned in CVs divorce filing.
MOO.
Moo
I am not a lawyer
It is my understanding that if the issue competency of a defendant is raised, there must a psychiatric evaluation. I can’t imagine that Hawaii cared one way or another, they would not pay for an psychiatrist to evaluate and even if they wanted to they could not do it in the short amount of time she was Hawaii.

Totally agree! Put Simply... If she could produce those kids, she would have.

She has no justifiable reason to not let the courts (or at the very least Colby) know where they are, including her own benefit. She was even offered to just take a damn picture of them with current newspaper and couldn't even do that. Custody is a BS excuse invented later to try and justify her actions. Everything she touches seems to turn up dead.... "Cross her and the Angels will dispose of your remains"......

And the finger should be pointing laser like at Chad now..... why scramble to get together everything you own just to bale Lori out, if you KNOW the kids are safe... It defies logic unless and except if they are dead and buried.
JMO.
I felt like Lori has lied to Chad about the true dispensation of the kids. He should wake from his trance in 3... 2.. 1.
That said, since Lori is doing so well in jail might as well not light $100k on fire to get her out...

Moo
I am not a lawyer
It is my understanding that if the issue competency of a defendant is raised, there must a psychiatric evaluation. I can’t imagine that Hawaii cared one way or another, they would not pay for an psychiatrist to evaluate and even if they wanted to they could not do it in the short amount of time she was Hawaii.

Ugh, I cannot find the link from where I read that... It might have been on a YT or social media post, I honestly can't remember. I'm horrible at keeping track of all the sources in this case, so for that I'm sorry. It may be totally wrong, misstated, innuendo etc. I'm no longer sure. Scrap my original statement.

I think I might need a break from this case for awhile.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussion of two missing kids, JJ and Tylee.

The thread does not exist to chit chat about your own religious doctrines, discuss temples, tithing, BYU, physical appearance, etc. Forty seven of such off topic posts have just been removed.

Do not ignore Moderator warnings.

Stay on topic or thread reply bans or TOs will be issued.
Bump

I felt like Lori has lied to Chad about the true dispensation of the kids. He should wake from his trance in 3... 2.. 1.
That said, since Lori is doing so well in jail might as well not light $100k on fire to get her out...

Yeah, that's possible. I'm on the fence about Chad.... How deep in it he is?! If he really is in the "after glow" of LVs spell, maybe he will start waking up? Or that veil he often mentions will start lifting?? Lol.

Idk, my brain is fried from this case, so can't imagine how those directly involved can make sense of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member