Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
That act is not going to work. Be filthy. No one cares. Meanwhile, check out her finger:
89647629_2983997058361587_3126920999635779584_n.jpg

At first I thought maybe it wasn’t intentional. Then I tried putting my hands the way hers are and it feels uncomfortable...not a natural way to put your fingers. I definitely think this was on purpose. This woman is truly sick. She must bleed venom.

GANNON is my hero!
I understand the point you are trying to make, being from SC, trying not to take offense. My questions are whether her family has always and will continue to support her, or if this is final line in the sand... this procedure and the next, are relatively brief , if you could only get to limited appearances... her family dynamics are a mystery to me as I avoid SM... MOO, she would like to play the poor pitiful victim, but it is very difficult to do w/ AS and LH right there. I can think of many other ways to spend my time and money than attending my son’s murderer’s trial, but they will be a constant presence in the courtroom...bless them and give them strength and peace.

Sorry @Feistyomi. I meant no disrespect to your state.

Being from NC, I have some vague awareness of income levels in neighboring states. SC's median household income of $50, 572 is ~ $9,800 lower than the median for the US. South Carolina State Household Income | Department of Numbers

NC's median of $52, 752 is ~ $7,500 below the US median so not that different. North Carolina State Household Income | Department of Numbers

I am more familiar though with county to county differences in NC. And Robeson Co, where TS is originally from, is one of the poorest counties in the state. According to this link, Census profile: Robeson County, NC the median household income is ~ $35, 000 and the percentage of people living below the poverty line (~24%) is double the percentage for the US and 1.5 times the percentage for the state.

That doesn't mean TS grew up poor or that if she did, that her mother and other family members are still without economic resources. But it wouldn't surprise me if her family members can't afford to travel to CO to stay for extended periods or afford to fly back and forth.

I agree that what GS's parents are going through emotionally to attend court must be excruciating. But from an economic perspective, there have been attempts to raise money for them to support their various needs while they get through this. I don't think anyone will be supporting LS's family...I'm not saying anyone should (at all!) but I'm not sure we can know where LS's family stands because economics may play a role in their absence (assuming they remain absent.) Of course, once a jury is seated I expect the defense attorneys would like to have some family in court supporting their client.

JMO

Someone here on WS said about LS
" Evil rots you from the inside out"
Looking at her today those words ring 100 percent true!

Someone on here said she had a dark aura about her. I really felt it today.

Hyper-litigious people (people who sue a lot n accuse others of things constantly) are usually paranoid, delusional, have a strong sense of vengeance, superiority, and the need to always have the upper hand. Sounds about right. It will be interesting to see if she did this out of vengeance, or if she just could not control her rage and then had to cover it up. We may never know.

MOO Agree.
Jennifer Dulos no body case had about 500 pages of warrants. LS has 1000 pps. MOO LS went to a lot more places, so the tower pings and cameras along the way would at least be double.

I think with just the small amount of statements that LS has revealed in regards to her supposed defense, she knew very well how she could be tracked. I think all of her movements that day were on purpose to throw LE off (she knowing well that she would be investigated after filing him missing). I think that in part is why there are so many warrants. LE has spent a ton of time trying to put this together. JMO

The coughing, smiling, lighthearted banter from defense really bugged me.

I thought that at first too, but with that being said, the judge's demeaner seemed pretty down to Earth. This may just be a workplace environment that they're all used to. With that being said, I still don't think the smiling and small talk is really professional in a court room. JMO.

Really? So you prefer she expose everyone to her cough because a handkerchief is used only by her and would cover her cough?

Okay then. Hope all you guys stay well.

I am amazed at how many people do what this attorney did, or don’t wash their hands or even flush public toilets. I was raised better than that. No wonder a pandemic was declared today.
I’m done trying to reason with you guys.

She may have got herself tested

He didn’t say they weren’t looking for him, he merely reiterated that he’s not going to talk about the search.

That’s outside his purview.

We know they aren’t searching, otherwise media would be all over it. What if she went to Lowe’s and bought items that can render a body unable to be found?

We know they aren’t searching, otherwise media would be all over it. What if she went to Lowe’s and bought items that can render a body unable to be found?
We know they aren’t doing any large scale searches, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have small groups looking in areas of interest.

This woman didn’t have time to go to extreme lengths, and digging a hole would have been hard enough.

I don’t think people realize how large and difficult that area is to search.

The prosecutor basically saying today that they aren’t looking for G anymore, combined with mom and dad’s guttural reaction at the last presser where they said they are sure he’s dead, really does not bode well.

They will continue looking for Gannon, we’re just not going to hear about it.

I’m wondering is Texas Equasearch will become involved now.

When kids are involved, LE does not give up looking.

MOO

Solid write-up on today’s hearing, IMO:
LANCE BENZEL lance.benzel@gazette.com
Mar 11, 2020 Updated 6 min ago
“The parents of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch sat in a front row in court Tuesday as the stepmother accused in the missing boy’s presumed murder made a brief appearance.

The defendant, Letecia Stauch, 36, was formally charged with first-degree murder and three other counts.

She did not address the court during a roughly 15-minute hearing, but whispered several times to one of the public defenders representing her.

Nor did she look at Gannon’s parents, Albert Stauch and Landen Hiott, who sat next to each other and kept their gaze trained on the judge. Letecia Stauch’s long black hair mostly hid her profile from observers in the gallery.

The courtroom was filled to capacity, except for a front row reserved for Letecia Stauch’s supporters, which remained empty.

Fourth Judicial District Judge Gregory Werner ordered that prosecutors ‘immediately’ provide the defense with a copy of Letecia Stauch’s arrest affidavit. That document, which lays out grounds for her arrest, remains under a sealing order.

The judge said he will issue a written order later in response to a motion filed by numerous media outlets, including The Gazette, that the document be made available to the public. The prosecution said it did not object to the media request. The defense, which as [sic] asked for a gag order limiting pretrial statements in the case, has already filed a response opposing the document’s release.

More than 1,000 pages of law enforcement reports and at least 107 search warrants have been generated thus far; lead prosecutor Michael Allen also cited ’tons‘ of video footage, obtained from cell phones and other sources.

Because none of the material has been made available to the defense, the judge set an April 13 review hearing at which he will address next steps in the case. The judge could decide then whether any of the investigative materials will be publicly available under the state’s open record’s [sic] laws, or if they will be kept under seal.

At a news conference afterward, Allen didn’t rule out a potential death-penalty bid against Letecia Stauch, saying his office will evaluate both whether the case is eligible for a capitol trial and whether prosecutors will pursue one.

His comments come even as Democratic lawmakers in Colorado mull a repeal of the death penalty in Colorado.

Prosecutors filed the same four counts announced at the time of the defendant’s arrest. They are first-degree murder of a child less than 12 by one in a position of trust; child abuse resulting in death; tampering with a body; and tampering with evidence.

The ’position of trust’ element of the murder charge lowers the bar prosecutors must prove to obtain a mandatory life term in prison.

Prosecutors generally must prove that someone intended to kill and deliberated for causing someone’s death. In the case of the charge against Letecia Stauch, the prosecution need only prove that she ’knowingly’ caused the boy’s death.

The child abuse count his [sic] the second-highest charge against her, carrying a potential penalty of up to 48 years in prison.

[SBM]

She wore a lime-green jumpsuit in court Tuesday, indicating she is likely being kept separate from other inmates. Sheriff’s spokeswoman Deborah Mynatt did not return a voicemail inquiring about Letecia Stauch’s custodial arrangements.
View attachment 237934 View attachment 237935
[SBM]” (BBM)
Gannon's parents watch as stepmom appears in court on murder charge
Thank you @inmyhumbleopinion. Bless you for posting this! I just got home from work a bit ago and can barely keep my eyes opened but wanted to know what happened. I’ll attempt to catch up tomorrow.

No one was there for her? Not even her mama?! Wow!

All that video footage But still no sign of Gannon :(

I have to think that she killed him. Not that he had injuries and "she allowed him to die." How could she know that he was going to die within an hour or two? He was able to walk out to the truck. Is she a doctor now? A medical doctor......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner