Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to think that she killed him. Not that he had injuries and "she allowed him to die." How could she know that he was going to die within an hour or two? He was able to walk out to the truck. Is she a doctor now? A medical doctor......
She did kill him. She is being charged with murder. If she struck him hard on the head and caused heavy bleeding or a concussion she would have known he could die. It has nothing to do with being a doctor, it is just what any person entrusted in the care of a child should know. It doesn't have to mean she "let him die", but basically because of her actions or a lack of action, the injury caused his death. Imo

Im glad she was so uncomfortable in front of the camera. Constantly bobbing behind her lawyer and when she knew she was being watched she’d swallow hard and clench her jaw. All she can think about is how pissed she is at the way she’s coming off. Ugh
Not forgetting the eyes of the gallery on her other side . No where to hide .

How would the accident/panic defense help her? It still wouldn't excuse her actions. If there was an accident, a normal person would get immediate help. Panicking is not a defense. Imo

It might keep her off of death row, if that was even an option here, which I don’t think it is.

It’s also still possible to tell that the ashes are cremated remains with a simple field test. Even if she was able to burn his body without anyone noticing and calling in the fire (highly unlikely) there would still be ash that would be easily identifiable as human remains.

Unless she pushed them off cliff. I doubt she’d engage in this type of messy, time-consuming behavior anyway.

LS behaved herself in court today because she didn't want the judge be mad at her.
I don't even think she cares. She seemed indifferent to me. She just looked angry and disinterested as if she's not at all interested in the proceedings. She probably thinks it's a waste of time because she had nothing to do with it.

Imo

My point is that it is up to the judge, not to the defense. The defense almost never agrees. Judges decide when the two sides don't agree.

Also, panic is not a legal defense. I'm sure lots of murderers panic when they realize what they've done.

Keep in mind that in order to establish that defense, TS would also have to take the stand and answer all questions from both sides.

She'd also have to be believable. What, about a small boy's behavior in the back seat of a truck, could cause her to panic? People have tried some form of this defense in everything from rape to murder to carjacking. It doesn't work.

"I saw a tsunami coming and jumped in the nearest boat I saw, so sorry I stole it..." That might work.

Thanks for the explanation. Good to know. And yeah, accident/panick isn’t a defense, but it might keep her off of death row, if that was an option for jurors and if conviction required a unanimous verdict it might just save her if even one juror bought into it.

I had to give myself a verrrrrry long time-out after the hearing, so as not to get myself kicked off the thread for my comments.

1. I see not one ounce of remorse, guilt, or compassion from LS. I see anger, defiance and at some points maybe some embarrassment. She couldn’t face the camera before, and she refuses to face it now. She will never own her actions. Not even for a deal. She’s going to draw this out as long as possible. She won’t give an inch. Her cruelty didn’t end with Gannon’s murder. She’s going to torture LH and AS as much as she can with the trial itself.

2. Her defense attorneys need to stop the laughter and ‘lighthearted banter’, and remain professional. This is a hearing related to a child’s murder. Show respect for the parents of a deceased child sitting feet away from you, and for the judicial proceedings themselves. Kudos to the prosecution, law enforcement, court staff, and the entire gallery for their composure.

3. I hope the media is all over the S.C. documents, since they do not have the same laws related to sealing as Colorado. Hopefully some insight to be gained there.

4. I am hopeful the judge will issue a ruling regarding the affidavit soon-I understand he deferred in order to allow himself time to read the response from defense counsel, but I didn’t hear anything saying he deferred until the next hearing. He should issue a written response shortly-at least that was my understanding.
Moo

Last edited:
Something about her taking them “hiking” on those cliffs the DAY BEFORE murdering him that really does not sit well with me. I would really hesitate to call this “knowingly” rather than M1 in 1st if something ticked her off in the few days preceding this tragic event. Maybe something to do with her relationship with AS or LH that angered her enough to kill him out of revenge. We don’t really know that any “accidental” rage event took place. Maybe she straight out killed him with poison or some other way and set up the whole overly dramatic thing she recorded. Obviously scripted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge