Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAR 12, 2020
Community gripped by Evelyn Boswell's story eager for answers, awaits justice
The community touched by baby Evelyn Boswell's case is overcome by shock and disbelief, processing the past few weeks and the latest news about the autopsy's positive identification.

[...]

WHERE THE TOYS ARE GOING

Toys dropped off at memorials for Evelyn will be donated to the community

[...]

LETTERS FOR EVELYN'S FATHER

There are also several letters addressed to Evelyn's father, Ethan Perry. Organizers of the Muddy Creek memorial are dropping the letters off at the sheriff's office.

[...]

I think even though the autopsy results may be sealed the charges that will be coming will say a lot about the results and the evidence they have. Will the charges be public information?
I think once investigators are finished collecting all the evidence and putting the pieces together, they will add charges and the autopsy results will be revealed around the same time.

I don't see why it wouldn't be made public, but you never know when the judge is going to seal records or issue gag orders. I think it happens more often in high profile cases especially involving children.

The coroner can request that the autopsy report remain sealed and so can the parents, depending on the state. Sometimes they just release the preliminary report but not the full report, especially if there are graphic details or sexual assault.

Imo

I think once investigators are finished collecting all the evidence and putting the pieces together, they will add charges and the autopsy results will be revealed around the same time.

I don't see why it wouldn't be made public, but you never know when the judge is going to seal records or issue gag orders. I think it happens more often in high profile cases especially involving children.

The coroner can request that the autopsy report remain sealed and so can the parents, depending on the state. Sometimes they just release the preliminary report but not the full report, especially if there are graphic details or sexual assault.

Imo

I didn’t know if it may play out like Gannon's case where charges came first and all the info is being sealed. I totally get it but it made me wonder how this case may unfold. Thanks for your answer!

MAR 2, 2020
'Stop sharing rumors:' Sheriff pleads with public to stop spread of false info in Evelyn Boswell search

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office said they will continue to share updates in the search for Evelyn Boswell that are not related to documents sealed by a grand jury, and they pleaded with the public to stop sharing false information.

MAR 9, 2020
Just after the 17:00 minute mark in the video at this link, the DA says the next Grand Jury meets next week and he doesn't think they'll be ready by then but they should be ready in April to present the case to the Grand Jury.
TN - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

MAR 11, 2020
DA: Court to seal autopsy report for remains believed to be Evelyn Boswell

Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus confirmed with News Channel 11 Wednesday afternoon that the autopsy results for the child found on March 6, believed to be toddler Evelyn Boswell, will be sealed, once the autopsy is complete.

*modsnip*
I wish everyone well. RIP Baby Evelyn. I pray that she will get the justice she deserves

edit to add: My feelings will always be that I don’t trust anyone in this entire family and I hope and pray that they do right by baby Evelyn in terms of justice for what happened to her precious life. It’s heartbreaking I’m so many levels. She was let down by every single one of her family members on both side IMO!

Statement Boswell Family

Tommy Boswell Sr's family says they are grieving over Baby Evelyn

They released the following statement to News 5:

"The immediate Boswell family of Evelyn are in anguish and grief over the loss. Its been a rough and trying time for everyone. At this time they do not want to speak publicly in regards to the tragedy. They are still trying to process what has happened. They ask for the media and public to respect their wishes. They need more time to grieve privately.
The show of love and support has not gone unnoticed. The family appreciates the prayers memorials and love that been shown for Evelyn. In such a dark time, it shows there are loving people out there, and all we want is Justice for Evelyn, and whoever is responsible to pay for the crime.
We would also like to say that there have not been any fundraisers or donations approved by the Boswell family.
The Boswell family would like to reach out to Ethan Perry and his family for all arrangements for sweet Evelyn. There has been lots of hate, threats and lies thrown at members of the family not involved in the disappearance of Evelyn and the family would like to keep the ceremony for family and close friends due to that.
We ask everyone to show respect for those who are grieving and experiencing a heartbreaking loss right now.
We'd also like to send out a special thank you to the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office, the TBI, and FBI for the endless hours and work being put in to bringing Evelyn the Justice she deserves."
"members of the family NOT involved in the disappearance of Evelyn" This quote right here, imo, tells me there are more arrests ahead.

I didn’t know if it may play out like Gannon's case where charges came first and all the info is being sealed. I totally get it but it made me wonder how this case may unfold. Thanks for your answer!
Your welcome. Gannon's case is different because they have not found a body yet but they are way ahead in terms of charges. They have over 100 warrants.

They will probably release the Affidavit for Arrest for LS very soon, and that will reveal a lot of information.

For this case I think we will have to wait awhile longer. They may still be following through with search warrants and finding new evidence as the investigation progresses.

Imo

MAR 12, 2020
Community gripped by Evelyn Boswell's story eager for answers, awaits justice
The community touched by baby Evelyn Boswell's case is overcome by shock and disbelief, processing the past few weeks and the latest news about the autopsy's positive identification.

[...]

WHERE THE TOYS ARE GOING

Toys dropped off at memorials for Evelyn will be donated to the community

[...]

LETTERS FOR EVELYN'S FATHER

There are also several letters addressed to Evelyn's father, Ethan Perry. Organizers of the Muddy Creek memorial are dropping the letters off at the sheriff's office.

[...]

Thank you for this, Pommy.
Clearly having an(other) emotional day, as I took one look at the little shrine of toys and immediately found myself in tears.
I hope that sometimes Evelyn takes time away from playing with angels to look down here at all the strangers who care about her. So much love for this little peanut...

Jessica Fuller WJHL on Twitter
I met Amy Chapman today. She’s at the front of an effort to bring hundreds of Easter baskets to foster kids in our region in memory of Evelyn Boswell. I’ll have more of her story up in a bit on http://Wjhl.com .
ES68zv4XkAAeDJu.jpg

12:07 PM - 12 Mar 2020

I think it was in reference to having cameras in the court rooms. Not a reference to having all info being released to the public right away.
Not wishing to speak for Tricia, but this was how I understood the discussion on last night’s live chat. By the time the case reaches the courtroom, the investigation is effectively over. Transparency in the courtroom was the gist. (Of course, the integrity of the investigation should not be compromised.)

Not wishing to speak for Tricia, but this was how I understood the discussion on last night’s live chat. By the time the case reaches the courtroom, the investigation is effectively over. Transparency in the courtroom was the gist. (Of course, the integrity of the investigation should not be compromised.)

Agreed. That is how I took it as well.

Similarities between Caylee Anthony and Evelyn Boswell Cases-

1. Child not reported missing right away. Caylee 31 days. Evelyn approx 2 months.
2. Both mothers told a lot of lies to family before the child was reported missing.
3. Both mothers told a lot of easily disproved lies to LE once the child was reported missing.
4. Both mother’s said they were cooperating fully with LE.
5. Both mothers have presented themself as sweet young women to the public.
6. Both mothers had multiple pics of what looked like a happy healthy child on social media.
7. In both cases a family member other than the child’s mother made the initial report about the missing child.
8. In both cases the maternal grandmother of the child seems to want to protect the mother.
9. In both cases the maternal grandfather of the child doesn’t seem to be as supportive of the mother.
10. Both mothers had a new man in their life.
11. In both cases the child’s remains were found near home.

Corrections or anything else to add? There must be a criminal profile that fits both mothers.

I’m starting to think a parent/stepparent (especially moms) saying “I believe they are safe and coming home” without visible tears is a big tell with missing children. Just based on MB and on the Gannon Stauch case.

I know innocent parents say this too, when they have hope — but usually they are crying when they say this, because they are yearning with every fiber of their being for it to be true. That yearning to just hold your child, safe, squeezes tears out of your very soul IMO. I’m thinking if you had something to do with them going missing, you actually know that’s not going to happen, so you don’t have that same emotional reaction. As a general rule, not an absolute.

JMO
You’re so right. Parents of actual missing children usually look like they’re heartbroken. They have trouble articulating and/or doing anything other than begging for the safe return of their child. They look like they haven’t slept or eaten. The tears can be easily faked by types like MB because they cry for themselves. Casey Anthony squeezed out a few telling her parents, “I feel in my heart she’s close...” Caylee was close and decaying in a swamp down the block, right where Casey left her.

Similarities between Caylee Anthony and Evelyn Boswell Cases-

1. Child not reported missing right away. Caylee 31 days. Evelyn approx 2 months.
2. Both mothers told a lot of lies to family before the child was reported missing.
3. Both mothers told a lot of easily disproved lies to LE once the child was reported missing.
4. Both mother’s said they were cooperating fully with LE.
5. Both mothers have presented themself as sweet young women to the public.
6. Both mothers had multiple pics of what looked like a happy healthy child on social media.
7. In both cases a family member other than the child’s mother made the initial report about the missing child.
8. In both cases the maternal grandmother of the child seems to want to protect the mother.
9. In both cases the maternal grandfather of the child doesn’t seem to be as supportive of the mother.
10. Both mothers had a new man in their life.
11. In both cases the child’s remains were found near home.

Corrections or anything else to add? There must be a criminal profile that fits both mothers.
There is another similar case in which the mother reported her child was snatched out of her arms by a stranger as she was getting the mail from her mailbox. She had been in a recent car accident and attributed her injuries to the assault by the man. She gave LE many inconsistent statements and there was never any abduction.

Her story was suspect from the beginning, and sure enough, her daughter was found by LE, deceased in a diaper box in a field not far from her home.

Like this case, the judge sealed all records pertaining to the case and there was little information after that.

There was a thread here but I can't remember the name to look it up to find out whatever happened. I think it was another homicide by child abuse but it was about two years ago. Does anybody remember the name of the mom? I want to say it was Brittany but I'm not sure and I have no idea how to look up specific cases.

I'm sure Pommy would know. I've been wanting to check up on that case to see if she was ever convicted.

Imo

Look at her contributions to the investigation, ya'll!

RP: Are you cooperating as much as you can, with TBI and the Sullivan county sheriffs department?

MB: (nods) I am

RP: Just tell me, how so are you constantly on the phone with them, talking to them about the tips, anything like that?

MB: Yeah, and I’ve looked into stuff online myself, like, you know, people are like circulating pictures around being like ‘Oh, this is Evelyn’ you know what I’m saying and like that kind of thing so, and like Saturday nobody would answer me and I like, blew their phones up. *

Looking at pictures on line and stalking LE. This chick is too much.
It’s like Casey Anthony wrote a how-to manual and this idiot is using it. I really hope she doesn’t get away with it like CA.

This is cuckoo banana pants right here.

Maggie Boswell Interview 2.docx

RP: What is your biggest fear right now?

MB: I have a lot of them. Just that I don’t know that maybe they won’t find her tonight, or maybe they don’t find her tomorrow, maybe it’s weeks from now til they find her, you know the people aren’t going to be like ‘Oh well like I’m not giving her back ‘cause I’ve kept her for two months, this is my child now’.
Most of all I’m just worried they’re going to be angry about that, you know what I mean? She just needs to come home. She’s been away from her mom for long enough.

There is another similar case in which the mother reported her child was snatched out of her arms by a stranger as she was getting the mail from her mailbox. She had been in a recent car accident and attributed her injuries to the assault by the man. She gave LE many inconsistent statements and there was never any abduction.

Her story was suspect from the beginning, and sure enough, her daughter was found by LE, deceased in a diaper box in a field not far from her home.

Like this case, the judge sealed all records pertaining to the case and there was little information after that.

There was a thread here but I can't remember the name to look it up to find out whatever happened. I think it was another homicide by child abuse but it was about two years ago. Does anybody remember the name of the mom? I want to say it was Brittany but I'm not sure and I have no idea how to look up specific cases.

I'm sure Pommy would know. I've been wanting to check up on that case to see if she was ever convicted.

Imo
I didn't follow that one but I think this is it (Mother is Breanna Lewis):

Found Deceased - Sc - Harlee Lane Lewis, 11 Mos, Chesterfield County, 29 May 2018 *arrest*

Imo

Harlee Lane Lewis. Mother was Breanna Lewis.

Imo
Harlee Lewis in SC? I think mom was Brianna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173