Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am NO expert, but given what he said multiple times, it will not hurt the prosecution, they are ready for them to be released but IMO it will definitely hurt the defense.

Thanks for your reply, @Dre!
I remember now that the DA did say they were okay with releasing the documents.
Would you kindly elaborate for me, if you don't mind, how you think it might hurt the defense? And is there any legal recourse they might have if this were the case?
Much appreciate your insight!

So, I like your idea of drainage pipe because...it’s a temporary space to hide his precious body and then spring thaw begins And the heavy melting of waters push him further away and down stream into who knows where.... IMO
Sometimes I scare myself, when I start thinking about scenarios:eek: However, I think every good detective has to think like the perpetrator. I agree with you, I don't think there was an elaborate disposal plan. He will be found hidden under branches or something similar, or in a drainage ditch/pipe.

This is precisely the defense I think they will try, if they try anything other than misdirection and abduction. Well put!
Thanks, I really feel when she realises LE have her nailed, this will be her explanation. Luckily very few people would believe it and she won't get away with it anyway but I can't see her admitting the full truth. If she told me the sky was blue I'd have to pop outside and check for myself! MOO

We hadn’t gotten much snow in January, but they always get more up north, esp. in the Palmer Lake/County Line Rd area, so while I don’t know for sure, I’m going to say yes, definitely in wooded areas.

There was a good amount of lingering snow according to my family in southern DougCo. They're not too far from where the searches took place in that county.

I don't think that was her goal. I think her goal was to prevent being exposed for the harm she did to Gannon, exposed as a child abuser - which would end not only her aspirations to a teaching career but also her marriage and lifestyle and reputation. I agree that she hates Landen and appears to be driven by a jealous rage regarding her, but I don't think acting on that or hurting Landen was her goal. Self-preservation was her goal.
I agree!

Hopefully LE will have pieced together every bit of the actual truth and she can say what she wants. Who's going to believe a proven liar anyway?...
... and if she says anything on the record in that courtroom, it will be subject to cross-examination. For that, I'd fly to CO to see it for myself. :D

Question, because I know a lot of you are whizzes when it comes to every case you follow...
I have the judges name,
Does anyone know the defense attorneys names?
An attempt to reach Stauch’s public defender, Kathryn Strobel, by telephone for comment wasn’t successful. The state public defender’s office does not comment on litigation.
Colorado Sun, other media outlets seek affidavit for stepmom accused of murdering Gannon Stauch

eta:Kathryn Strobel M | GovSalaries

eta again:
One of her attorneys, Kathryn Strobel, waived a reading of possible charges against her. Letecia Stauch was scheduled to appear in person Wednesday in 4th Judicial District Court, at which time she is expected to be formally charged.

Stauch was appointed two public defenders, Strobel and Kim Chalmers. Chalmers is a senior trial attorney who in 2018 served on the defense team for double-murderer Glen Law Galloway at a death-penalty trial.

“I know this is an extremely difficult situation to say the least,” El Paso County Judge Denise Peacock said in addressing the courtroom. “It carries high emotion.”
https://www.outtherecolorado.com/ga...cuffs-and-attacks-deputy-according-to-report/

Last edited:
I couldn't watch the whole hearing, nor could I even hear most of it. Could someone share whether they brought up the attack on the deputy?

IMO, leaving him in the open (which includes a drainage pipe) in CO outskirts would expose him to many scavenging animals that would spread remains or give signal something is around. I feel like his remains were disposed in a way that hid his body better than that, especially given the time she had to work with.

Now THIS is the kind of post that can get me thinkin'! So do tell, what's the other options, given that 4 hour time frame?

I think the 'tampering' charge is critical in my thought process. This charge indicates to me LE has evidence of 'tampering'.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 18 - Criminal Code
Article 8 - Offenses - Governmental Operations
Part 6 - Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings
§ 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-610.5 (2016)
(1) A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

(2) Tampering with a deceased human body is a class 3 felony.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 6 - :: Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings :: § 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

I didn't care to "see" TS, I just thought pandering to her was inappropriate. As a suspect and an American citizen, she has many rights, the right to have her attorney block her from view in the courtroom, however, isn't one of them.

Now, if it is determined that attorneys typically do that -- perhaps I'll change my opinion -- but as of now, it seems like flawed behavior.

I think we have to keep in mind who the real victim is here -- and it isn't TS.

#GannonStrong

This makes for some fun future universes where fully immersive courtroom VR is available to the public for capital offenses, because the gravity of crime affects ones rights in the courtroom.

Now THIS is the kind of post that can get me thinkin'! So do tell, what's the other options, given that 4 hour time frame?

I think the 'tampering' charge is critical in my thought process. This charge indicates to me LE has evidence of 'tampering'.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 18 - Criminal Code
Article 8 - Offenses - Governmental Operations
Part 6 - Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings
§ 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-610.5 (2016)
(1) A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

(2) Tampering with a deceased human body is a class 3 felony.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 6 - :: Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings :: § 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

I'm in the camp she concealed the body the first time. Never went back, removed or tampered with his body after dumping him initially.

Absolutely agree.. if she confesses anything at all, she'll say she tried to save him and when she couldn't she wanted to save the family from the devastation of him dying. We will, and hopefully a jury too will see through her lies and she'll get everything she deserves. MOO
If they tried to spin that (which they could), and I was a juror and saw the neighbor's video, I would be thinking "I don't think so". There is a spot in the video where she blatantly gets in the truck and shuts the door when she hears/sees another vehicle coming. She gets out immediately after it goes by. That really stood out to me that she didn't want to be seen and that she had plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsedani