Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that was her goal. I think her goal was to prevent being exposed for the harm she did to Gannon, exposed as a child abuser - which would end not only her aspirations to a teaching career but also her marriage and lifestyle and reputation. I agree that she hates Landen and appears to be driven by a jealous rage regarding her, but I don't think acting on that or hurting Landen was her goal. Self-preservation was her goal.

I agree. I think her (obvious-IMO) resentment towards G could have been fueled by his closeness to LH and the fact that LH would always be around (as is the case in most blended families that can still function without murder). I do think, that if given the option to enter a plea, that she will decline. The reason will be twofold. A trial will be a last ditch effort to save face AND it will require more attention from AS, good or bad. I don't see her letting go of any opportunity to put herself in front of him.

I think, as stated by ChuckMaureen, the murder, and concealment is sufficient enough for the charge of 'tampering'

I also think it could be that she returned to the scene and moved his body.

I tend to think the first probability herein stated.

Which leads me to believe, he may have died in the truck.

Reason for that belief is, if she killed him outside of the truck, and he has not been found, then the tampering charge would be for moving his body from where she killed him, yes?

I don't think it's important in the statute where he was killed -- but the fact that they haven't been able to locate his body means he's clearly concealed or dumped in a very dense or remote area.

Why they've been able to recover a sock and bloody board, but no Gannon is really disturbing.

If they tried to spin that (which they could), and I was a juror and saw the neighbor's video, I would be thinking "I don't think so". There is a spot in the video where she blatantly gets in the truck and shuts the door when she hears/sees another vehicle coming. She gets out immediately after it goes by. That really stood out to me that she didn't want to be seen and that she had plans.
I saw that too and thought exactly the same thing! She purposely tries to avoid being seen. The neighbour claims his video has great audio too so I wonder what she was saying to him when he couldn't even bend down to pick up what he dropped :(

I think, as stated by ChuckMaureen, the murder, and concealment is sufficient enough for the charge of 'tampering'

I also think it could be that she returned to the scene and moved his body.

I tend to think the first probability herein stated.

Which leads me to believe, he may have died in the truck.

Reason for that belief is, if she killed him outside of the truck, and he has not been found, then the tampering charge would be for moving his body from where she killed him, yes?
Well, she still could have killed him outside the truck somewhere secluded and then covered him up with debris or buried him or something like that.

With all the vehicles involved, though, it's hard to say if she used one or more to move the body or what the heck she did.

It's possible that he died in the truck and she brought him to an isolated area and disposed of him where she thought he would never be found.

Or she went back and moved him.

I can't figure it out. It's too complicated and there are too many unknowns.

Imo

If they tried to spin that (which they could), and I was a juror and saw the neighbor's video, I would be thinking "I don't think so". There is a spot in the video where she blatantly gets in the truck and shuts the door when she hears/sees another vehicle coming. She gets out immediately after it goes by. That really stood out to me that she didn't want to be seen and that she had plans.
I saw that too and thought exactly the same thing! She purposely tries to avoid being seen. The neighbour claims his video has great audio too so I wonder what she was saying to him when he couldn't even bend down to pick up what he dropped :(

Tampering can mean concealing the body to keep it from being found.

Yes, of this I am aware.

Do you think she killed Gannon outside of the truck, then put him back in the truck, and drove somewhere to conceal him?

Or did she kill Gannon, and return to the scene at another point in time to retrieve his body and move him?

Or did she kill him in the truck, and directly conceal his body from the truck to wherever his body is now?

I don't think it's inappropriate or unusual for a defense attorney to do things to appease their client. It's part of their job.

Lawyers put their arm around even murderers at times in court. It's a way to humanize them. She was being protective of her client.

I have never heard that the client has no "right for her attorney to block her from view in the courtroom."

Imo
Agree. If anyone watched the bail hearing for Lori Vallow last week (very high profile case), her female attorney was very involved with the defendant during the hearing. It's their job.

Well, she still could have killed him outside the truck somewhere secluded and then covered him up with debris or buried him or something like that.

With all the vehicles involved, though, it's hard to say if she used one or more to move the body or what the heck she did.

It's possible that he died in the truck and she brought him to an isolated area and disposed of him where she thought he would never be found.

Or she went back and moved him.

I can't figure it out. It's too complicated and there are too many unknowns.

Imo

I'm thinking about Gannon, and where he may be. I don't think she concealed him at a spot where she murdered him. I think he would have been found if that were the case.

So, I think she killed him outside the truck, and moved him from that location right away, or she returned to that location and moved him at a later time, or he was killed in the truck and placed wherever he is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pgam