Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now THIS is the kind of post that can get me thinkin'! So do tell, what's the other options, given that 4 hour time frame?

I think the 'tampering' charge is critical in my thought process. This charge indicates to me LE has evidence of 'tampering'.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 18 - Criminal Code
Article 8 - Offenses - Governmental Operations
Part 6 - Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings
§ 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-610.5 (2016)
(1) A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

(2) Tampering with a deceased human body is a class 3 felony.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 6 - :: Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings :: § 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

I'm thinking landfill, body of water, mine/cave/cliff structure. If I'm really thinking, maybe the wood piece was part of a travois sled to move him along somewhere hard to reach.

I believe TS didn't move Gannons body from the place she left him. I am not clear of the tampering charges? Is it TS tried to clean and throw evidence? Or are they saying she moved him around? Guess I am a bit lost with sorting my thoughts. This is a new way of a thinking process for me. My opinion

I believe TS didn't move Gannons body from the place she left him. I am not clear of the tampering charges? Is it TS tried to clean and throw evidence? Or are they saying she moved him around? Guess I am a bit lost with sorting my thoughts. This is a new way of a thinking process for me. My opinion

"A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings."

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 6 - :: Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings :: § 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

So, whatever she did to his body could be simply hiding it away, or it could be as severe as dismemberment or burning.

I think, as stated by ChuckMaureen, the murder, and concealment is sufficient enough for the charge of 'tampering'

I also think it could be that she returned to the scene and moved his body.

I tend to think the first probability herein stated.

Which leads me to believe, he may have died in the truck.

Reason for that belief is, if she killed him outside of the truck, and he has not been found, then the tampering charge would be for moving his body from where she killed him, yes?

I couldn't watch the whole hearing, nor could I even hear most of it. Could someone share whether they brought up the attack on the deputy?

IIRC, they did not. No specific charges were discussed because the defense hasn't had access to the discovery docs as yet.
But I do not recall the attack on the deputy having been referred to at all.
MOO

I wonder if I could ask our experts a general question regarding the sealed documents and AA?
If any of those documents were to be "leaked" prior to them being unsealed, wouldn't that be harmful to the prosecution's case?
If you're talking about the document going around SM, it's not the sealed Probably Cause Affidavit, it's just a felony complaint.

ETA: It's public now.

Last edited:
If you're talking about the document going around SM, it's not the sealed Probably Cause Affidavit, it's just a felony complaint.

I don't think it's completely public at the moment, so probably not something we can discuss here. I think someone with access to the court system downloaded it.

Yes! I had seen that and am concerned that this is something that should not have been released.
I'm just looking for confirmation that it is actually okay. But we're not allowed to discuss the specifics of it here until released in MSM.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members