Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Does anyone wonder if the 6th and 7th in line to the English throne, Prince Harry and Archie, have been moved off to a remote Canadian position recently as a precaution? Have we been scammed about the whole family drama? It seems to me that the elderly Queen and her husband are at high risk with CV19, and even heir apparant Prince Charles is 71 years old.

No, if the British Royal Family was going to send important people away for quarantine, they would have send Prince William, Duchess Catherine, and their 2 children.

That is the Royal line of succession.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a military town and my neighbor works on base, this weekend two squadrons are returning from deployment, one squadron from Japan and one from Bahrain. They will be placed in quarantine for 2 weeks. Those that live in the barracks will report to their rooms and be self-quarantined. The others will be allowed to go home to self-quarantine at their homes. No direction has been given about their family members needing to self-quarantine. This past Sunday, a squadron returned from somewhere in the Middle East, they were not quarantined and their family members traveled from several states to welcome them back home in a hangar on base.

"A few points on our model:
-The range of estimates is huge. We need more info fast to understand how to limit harms
-It could be very bad, so we must work for the best & plan for the worst
-Modeling is to inform planning so that the worst case scenarios are less likely to occur Dr. Tom Frieden on Twitter"
Dr. Tom Frieden on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_144625.jpg
    IMG_20200313_144625.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 15
I believe the advice in the U.K. yesterday said if you have a fever above but I can’t find the article just now. Will keep looking.
A body temperature of 38*C or 100.4*F is classed as high meaning fever caused by virus or infection and medical intervention is necessary.
36.1*C is where body temperature is accepted as normal-at-its-lowest-point and anything under needs medical attention X

Last edited:
I just received a call from a friend who lives a couple of blocks from me. We are both over 65 and are planning to self isolate until this thing settles down. He called to let me know that he had bought supplies and food in very large quantities and if I should run low to give him a call. He will bring it over and put it on my porch. He also bought supplies for his very elderly next door neighbor who is in physical and financial dire straits. I think (and hope) that we see a lot of this happening during this crisis.
How nice! I think it is okay for you to visit with him, if he hasn’t been exposed. I have a friend or two that stop by, we just avoid coughing and sneezing at each other and maintain some distance. Most of them farm, they are not hanging in restaurants & big box stores, they mainly go to feed mills & Tractor Supply. I’m not an epidemiologist, lol.

Gah..we normally have only a few people in my building/lab, 7 max with delivery people who come in and drop and leave. Already told them we aren’t signing unless we absolutely have to. Today we have a guy in who is calibrating our instruments. He travels all over TX doing this and we have to have it done to stay in compliance. He’s coughing, dry cough and sneezing like crazy. We are all looking at each other like “WTH?” Running home to let the puppy out and grabbing a can of Lysol to spray down everything he’s touched.

Customers will currently be limited on purchases of the following items:

• Disinfecting sprays/wipes – 4 units
  • Hand sanitizer/soap – 4 units
  • Water – 4 multipacks and 4 gallons per transaction (including baby)
  • Latex Gloves – 4 boxes/units
  • Bleach – 2 units
  • Rubbing alcohol – 4 units
  • Bath tissue – 2 packages
H-E-B replenishes supplies daily and “partners work around the clock to bring products to the shelf,” a spokesperson said. “If you cannot find what you need, please check back with us."

Man awaiting COVID-19 test results walks away from King County's Kent motel
by KOMO News Staff

Friday, March 13th 2020

KENT, Wash. -- A homeless man who was using a King County-owned motel in Kent for isolation while he awaited test results on COVID-19 walked away from the facility Friday morning, against a guard's orders, King County officials said.

The man had accepted a room at the former Econolodge Thursday that is currently intended for use for isolation and quarantine, according to officials. But on Friday morning around 7:30 a.m., the man walked out of the hotel ignoring a security guard's instruction to stay, and headed to a convenience store across Central Avenue, officials said.

There, the man shoplifted some items then jumped on a northbound Route 153 Metro bus, officials said.

Upon the discovery, county officials took the bus out of service for cleaning and sanitation. The county did not say if they had found the man.

Not sure what to say about this!

The homeless & poor will be a huge problem, imo. Addicts, alcoholics & chain smokers would rather risk getting the virus than giving up their drug of choice.
Often times they have a different perception of reality, imo.
I’m curious, how did this homeless man even know about novel C? Sounds like he only wanted a room for a minute. Hope we hear his test results. Since the bus was sanitized, I think we know he’s positive. Sigh......

Man awaiting COVID-19 test results walks away from King County's Kent motel
by KOMO News Staff

Friday, March 13th 2020

KENT, Wash. -- A homeless man who was using a King County-owned motel in Kent for isolation while he awaited test results on COVID-19 walked away from the facility Friday morning, against a guard's orders, King County officials said.

The man had accepted a room at the former Econolodge Thursday that is currently intended for use for isolation and quarantine, according to officials. But on Friday morning around 7:30 a.m., the man walked out of the hotel ignoring a security guard's instruction to stay, and headed to a convenience store across Central Avenue, officials said.

There, the man shoplifted some items then jumped on a northbound Route 153 Metro bus, officials said.

Upon the discovery, county officials took the bus out of service for cleaning and sanitation. The county did not say if they had found the man.

Not sure what to say about this!

Marking

He needs to be found

Maybe we can start a MP thread for him if we can get/find more information.

This is WS afterall. :)

—-

“There, the man shoplifted some items then jumped on a northbound Route 153 Metro bus, officials said.”

Princess, Viking, and Costa cruise lines have canceled cruises for at least the next two months. I wondered what RCI was doing and found this:

Concerned about traveling?

Looking for flexibility in your plans?

We get it. Whether you’re already booked on a cruise, or are thinking about it, we want you to Cruise with Confidence. That’s why Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through July 31, 2020. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before you set sail, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit can be used toward any cruise that sets sail through December 31, 2021...

Cruise with Confidence | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member