Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in NY and here’s the latest from my county:
Coronavirus: No school in Ulster for 2 weeks; Ryan says 'similar steps' in Dutchess

County Executive Pat Ryan announced all schools in Ulster County would be closed for 14 days beginning on Monday “out of an abundance of caution.” The news came as an additional confirmed case of coronavirus was confirmed for Ulster on Friday.

Ryan at a press briefing then said "similar steps" would be taken in Dutchess and Orange counties.

Ryan said it will be up to individual districts to determine how to implement the closures. Direct staff may still be needed to report to work, but all extracurricular and public events will be cancelled. However, in a statement, Ulster BOCES District Superintendent and CEO Chuck Khoury said all Ulster superintendents supported the decision.

JetBlue bans passenger who notified crew after landing that he'd tested positive for coronavirus

I'd be happier honestly if he caught a charge or 5. The fact he knew before he boarded makes or should make it a crime. Great for banning him, but unless there's a better more severe consequence, he'll do it again, just something different...
Lucky

irresponsible if not dangerous to his fellow passengers. He needed to get back home so the hell with everyone else. The FAA should should put him on a watch list and ban future travel for life. Hey there is nothing wrong with trains or buses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Louisiana is closing all public schools from k-12 beginning Monday 12- April 12. So far we have 33 presumptive positive. Local hospitals are limiting visitors and many nursing homes have suspended all visits.

The state of Ohio is seeing "very difficult times" under the threat of the coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Mike DeWine said Friday.

In an interview on "America's Newsroom" with host Sandra Smith, DeWine said he had relied on experts in his decision to order school closings starting Monday evening and ban mass gatherings of more than 100 people.

OHIO LIKELY HAS 100,000 CASES, TOP HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS

Additionally, on Thursday, Ohio's top health officials announced that there are likely over 100,000 undiagnosed cases of COVID-19 in the state thus far.

"We have a panel of 14 doctors," said DeWine. "We also reached out to other experts yesterday and it was clear that we had to take this action in regard to our schools."

Imo DeWine is the ONLY governor to put out factual numbers. When a state reports having 3-4 cases.....come on, who believes that? Not I.

irresponsible if not dangerous to his fellow passengers. He needed to get back home so the hell with everyone else. The FAA should should put him on a watch list and ban future travel for life. Hey there is nothing wrong with trains or buses.

Ita, had he waved a loaded gun on the plane, we know what he would be facing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are Governments and World Health Officials still congregating in vast numbers (as they would on a normal day) to discuss this crisis before then calling for the Worlds Media to join them for a televised update, allowing journalists time to question them on air.. aaall these people keep getting together daily and the message remains the same 'self isolate' and 1 by 1 we are hearing it.. such an official from this country, such a chairman from that country, wife of the leader in another country- aaall testing positive. They need to be linking up via video, face-time or something at this point surely?! They remind us every day of the risks posed and the seriousness of the spread But are they honestly taking this as serious as it really is? I don't think so!!
They need to get real and start leading by example IMO X

Just a friendly suggestion for those who are tired and having trouble sleeping. We've been doing intermittent fasting for 2 years. We only eat between 11AM and 7PM. We go to sleep faster, sleep soundly and wake up refreshed every morning. When someone eats after 7PM, their body is working all night digesting that food so it really doesn't get the rest needed. This will also help to stretch our food rations during this pandemic IMO.
I fell asleep fine but I dreamed my mother was on the other side of a door and we couldn't touch. This is the reality at the moment but it woke me up at 5 am anyway.

I love how clean conscious everyone is now. I used to be considered a "freak" with my OCD on cleanliness and using hand sanitizer.

Now it is the "norm". As it should have always been.
Sadly, it matters none how clean our hands are. It is the rude $@##*# that won’t stay home when sick & cough their germs at us & touch things we end up touching.
I was flipping channels, CNN was showing a store in Houston, it is packed, people buying all they can get, even standing fairly close to each other.
I think anyone using their phone in public might be spreading germs if they spit when speaking.
Bottom line....it is everywhere, there simply is no avoiding it. Moo moo moo

Polis Deploys National Guard to Control COVID-19 Drive-Up Lab

“Editor's note: After the publication of this post, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and Governor Jared Polis announced that COVID-19 testing at Denver's mobile lab, which was scheduled to take place between noon and 2 p.m. today, has been canceled because of inclement weather. However, testing will be available tomorrow, March 14, during these same hours. Continue for our previous coverage.”

Late on March 12, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment revealed new procedures at its drive-up COVID-19 testing lab at 8100 East Lowry Boulevard, after patient demand swamped the facility earlier in the day. The new plan includes slicing its already modest hours of operation in half and using the National Guard to help control the crowd.

Man awaiting COVID-19 test results walks away from King County's Kent motel
by KOMO News Staff

Friday, March 13th 2020

KENT, Wash. -- A homeless man who was using a King County-owned motel in Kent for isolation while he awaited test results on COVID-19 walked away from the facility Friday morning, against a guard's orders, King County officials said.

The man had accepted a room at the former Econolodge Thursday that is currently intended for use for isolation and quarantine, according to officials. But on Friday morning around 7:30 a.m., the man walked out of the hotel ignoring a security guard's instruction to stay, and headed to a convenience store across Central Avenue, officials said.

There, the man shoplifted some items then jumped on a northbound Route 153 Metro bus, officials said.

Upon the discovery, county officials took the bus out of service for cleaning and sanitation. The county did not say if they had found the man.

Not sure what to say about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member