Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a call from a friend who lives a couple of blocks from me. We are both over 65 and are planning to self isolate until this thing settles down. He called to let me know that he had bought supplies and food in very large quantities and if I should run low to give him a call. He will bring it over and put it on my porch. He also bought supplies for his very elderly next door neighbor who is in physical and financial dire straits. I think (and hope) that we see a lot of this happening during this crisis.

What a great friend!

A little bit of levity on Friday the 13th. During my PT session this afternoon, I asked therapist if he has school age kids. Yes, and they will get a 3-week "Corona" vacation :D It's not the Corona vacation he would like, and I said, "That would probably be in Cabo, Cancun, Puerta Vallarta".

Two female therapists were talking about sharing TP rolls. I told my PT that it sounded like the two were discussing rolls of toilet paper, and he said, "You're kidding, right?" I said, "No, I'm not kidding. Ask them." He did, and, yes, they were talking about sharing their TP bundles if anyone needed them. He asked, "Why? Are they afraid of running out?" I said, "Yes, basically that's it. People are scared s***less and don't want to run out of toilet paper!" :D

The US has woken up - but chaos also here. “Food markets across five NYC boroughs were overrun by unnerved residents looking for supplies, with many finding shelves bare. A Costco in Sunset Park got so mobbed that the store shut the main gate.” ##COVID19 https://t.co/owYU4ytLPB

Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

OMG - I am SO GLAD I started prepping two weeks ago. I stopped by Walmart super early this morning just for some odds and ends and it was noticeably more crowded. Lots of people with carts piled high.

MORE: Poland closes their borders, suspends international commercial flights
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

#Poland intensifies #coronavirus measures:
— foreigners banned from entering the country
— Poles returning home subject to quarantine
— flow of goods maintained
— flights and rail from&to Poland suspended
— gatherings>50 ppl (also religious)banned
— restaurants to deliver food
Zosia Wanat on Twitter

I have stayed off my FB for a few days because people were making me insane. I went back today but when someone posted that the media is "destroying our economy with their chicken little hysteria" I decided my break wasn't long enough.
rbbm.
Bet now that those same people are trying to food shop and there is Little chicken left!

Per the governor of Texas, AT&T is waiving internet data usage for people that don't have unlimited access-- WOW. I'm so very impressed. This will greatly help people and students that will work and school from home.

AT&T waives data cap during coronavirus; Comcast keeps charging overage fees

Editing to say, I don't think it's for satellite users, only broadband...but still that's great for people.
It’s almost impossible to work from home with satellite internet. A lot of rural areas only have that option.
Hughesnet is one such provider and it’s so bad it has its own Facebook page “HughesNet Sucks”
Enough said....

I wanna know if anyone is on the cruise, lol.

I'm local (Charleston) and have other family local. This cruise ship nightmare was something I never expected here as I watched in shock the Diamond Princess unfold in Japan.
Schools are released. Just yesterday we began to see very limited TP. The store shelves are now looking like a hurricane is coming. I am relieved to have done prepping thanks to the information here from the beginning. Thanks to those here who have held this thread up as a #1 source of current info!
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member