Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it bother you Gitana, that all the news seems focused on LA County, with the Mayor doing daily briefing. Meanwhile, no one from OC is informing us by way of briefings. Who the heck is in charge of OC? The Supervisors? Or is it each city is on their own?

We’ve been lax. But we now have orders from the county.

We are shut down.

More on the border closure

"Once finalized, the agreement would close the border to tourists and shoppers while still allowing Canadians to return home. The final deal is expected to allow some commercial traffic to continue to keep critical supply chains intact.

CNN first reported the development Tuesday night. Sources have confirmed the accuracy of the report. One source says Ottawa and Washington are working together on the plan, and that it will be reciprocal.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had previously resisted closing the border to Canada's closest ally and most important trading partner — but he did not rule it out.

A senior Canadian official told CBC News one of the challenges in the discussions is agreeing on what qualifies as essential travel. For example, it's unclear how strictly the rules would apply to people, on either side of the border, wanting to visit family across the border."​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/canada-us-border-1.5501201

Much appreciation to my friends and fellow members here who keep this thread going. Not only for the latest news info, but also for the personal posts.

As I read about your personal struggles and fears I dont feel so alone.

May God be with you and your families and friends.

More on the border closure

"Once finalized, the agreement would close the border to tourists and shoppers while still allowing Canadians to return home. The final deal is expected to allow some commercial traffic to continue to keep critical supply chains intact.

CNN first reported the development Tuesday night. Sources have confirmed the accuracy of the report. One source says Ottawa and Washington are working together on the plan, and that it will be reciprocal.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had previously resisted closing the border to Canada's closest ally and most important trading partner — but he did not rule it out.

A senior Canadian official told CBC News one of the challenges in the discussions is agreeing on what qualifies as essential travel. For example, it's unclear how strictly the rules would apply to people, on either side of the border, wanting to visit family across the border."​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/canada-us-border-1.5501201
I cannot wait to go fishing with you, Uncle otto.......moo

What's ahead

"While this is the first coronavirus pandemic in recorded history, experience from the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009 shows suggests there will be a seasonal pattern, she said, where transmission rates tend to surge in spring, drop off in summer and come back in the fall.

"So, one of the things that we're mindful of is that the measures we are taking now are appropriate — we do need to contain the spread at this time — and we also need to prepare for what's ahead in the fall," she said.

"We can't sustain all of these measures for months on end. Some of them we may be able to sustain for longer than others, but we'll just need to be watching really closely the effect of these measures spreading out the transmission over the summer."​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...e-updated-by-medical-health-officer-1.5500487

This makes my heart ache. Saying prayers for your friends, for you, and for all of us.

O/T a bit.

My Nana is on hospice. She’s about 3 months past the 6 month expiration date her doctor guesstimated. Her transition is developing quickly. Today I am so sad for her. She’s in her early 90’s and has ovarian cancer. She chose to forgo treatment and live the rest of her best life. She’s no longer accepting visitors and we had her over one night a week for dinner. It crushes me that this will be the ending to her story. Isolated and lonely.

This breaks my heart. I’m so sorry.

i actually had a rental inspection due last month but i was sick so i pushed it off, emailed today to book a date for april 2nd and they said don't worry about we'll talk about it in a month or so

even real estate agents not seeing tenants right now it seems

Neither the news media nor hospitals nor health departments have advised people to go to the ER if they are showing symptoms. They also don't want people showing up at their doctor's offices without calling ahead
Chris Cuomo had a doctor on again tonight reiterating this. If he has a patient with symptoms he advises them to recover/isolate at home, too risky to visit doctor/clinic/hospital. Idk how the world is not comprehending this. Moo. He also mentioned (again) there is NO treatment, so a test is not going to help someone, unless they have severe symptoms & he would then send the patient to the ER.

Last edited:
Pretty safe to say that the virus is free rolling now. I don't see how this can be contained.

I am surprised that there hasn't been a call for people over 65 to completely self quarantine. I believe that will be coming.

Unfortunately that will not be possible in many low income households where there won't be sufficient independent living space.
My better half is past the age of 70, with a history of severe heart disease. He's been working, mostly part time hours, since he retired from his career. His current gig is working for a dealership group, delivering vehicles and doing car swaps all over the place. He thoroughly enjoys it and we do need the $ to supplement our SS. He's been driving through and to "hot spots" of CV and I worry. I also don't want him to bring it home. I wish he could stop for at least a few weeks, but we've lost so much of what was in our retirement funds, we feel there's no choice :(

I've been staying home, which isn't a hardship for me. I've got acres to roam and animals to play with.. It helps hearing of other WS's situations, worries and ideas here, so you're all appreciated!

I work at an animal shelter and we took in 200+ cats and dogs in a WEEK. I’m sure this is happening in every city, at every shelter. We were already at capacity. If you can’t foster or adopt at this time (SHELTER VOLUNTEER GROUPS PROVIDE ALL PET FOOD AND PAY ANY VETERINARIAN BILLS YOU MAY INCUR IF YOU FOSTER A DOG OR CAT), maybe help provide pet food to people you know who now can’t pay their bills and are among the many surrendering their pets to be euthanized. I am fostered to the gills right now at my condo. Few are coming in to adopt. It is tragic. Please know if you surrender your pet at this time they will more than likely be euthanized.

I am not in a high risk group. I am not concerned about myself, but I am concerned about others. I don’t have a problem going to the store at the break of dawn to get toilet paper every week. I’m not going to stockpile, and I think others who aren’t at high risk should either. It’s just not sustainable, and those at high risk shouldn’t go to the store as often right now. We all need to be careful. I’m not going to visit my parents or socialize. I go to work and come home. I have to go to work to take care of animals. I wash and disinfect my hands often.

Last edited:
Very early Tuesday morning my cousin Jim passed away of the Coronavirus. He was in good health & had no underlying medical issues/diseases.

Additionally, the state that I live in, West Virginia announced Tuesday evening that they have their first positive case.

Very early Tuesday morning my cousin Jim passed away of the Coronavirus. He was in good health & had no underlying medical issues/diseases.

Additionally, the state that I live in, West Virginia announced Tuesday evening that they have their first positive case.

that is terrible i am so sorry <3

Good morning everyone - another sleepless night here. It looks like I have around 35 pages to catch up on here, maybe I’ll work my way backwards.
Mask and gloves firmly on, I’ll be heading out at 8.30am for what’s likely to be the last time for goodness knows how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.