Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you that food and essential grocery items are moving across the country via truck.
We haul a lot of refrigerated freight, produce , food service items and beef and turkey.
Orders have slowed down but it's still moving. If that changes I will absolutely keep you posted. Amazon is going strong in case you can't find what you need.
Prayers for All ! Be Well :)
Hey, thanks for hauling all the stuff we need. I hope you and your husband are feeling better. I can’t imagine driving with a headache. Again, thank you very much.

Of course, @margarita25. I would never tell someone what to do, nor would I take medical advice from a web forum. I am sharing the information as a responsible person who has first hand knowledge of this concern with nebulizers. I have to be careful with my sources. FWIW.

Here is a peer reviewed article from the Canadian Medical Association Journal:

RE: Transmission of Corona Virus by Nebulizer- a serious, underappreciated risk!

Hi :) :waves: was making a general statement, hadn’t read your post :) :)

Don't worry, you won't turn into a communist country just because supplies are limited to each purchaser. It's a fairly common practice for stores to put limits on amounts that any one person can buy. It's unfortunate that it is necessary, but it certainly doesn't make me uncomfortable. In fact, I feel better knowing that everyone has a better chance of getting what they need. After all, the situation requires it.

Rationing is historically common in the US, generally relating to times of war. And that is basically what this is. A full scale war against a deadly micro organism.

Hey, thanks for hauling all the stuff we need. I hope you and your husband are feeling better. I can’t imagine driving with a headache. Again, thank you very much.
Agreed. Double thanks.
And hi @Really? I’m in South Jersey as well. Hope you are safe.

Five Doctors Who Attended The CORD-em Medical Conference In New York Tested Positive For COVID-19
Conference organizers say all attendees have been notified.

March 17, 2020, at 7:02 p.m. ET

“Five emergency room doctors and medical school professors who attended an industry conference in New York City last week have tested positive for COVID-19, organizers told BuzzFeed News.

Around 1,300 physicians and educators from at least 34 states, as well as Canada, attended the assembly, which was organized by the Council of Residency Directors (CORD) in Emergency Medicine and ran from March 8 to 11. The five infected doctors are from California, Texas, Michigan, and Tennessee.”

-More at link

I get angry that some college kids are still flocking to the beach for their Spring Break!!! We are dealing with a serious situation and the curve needs to get flat . My college kid cancelled his beach plans then so can others. SMH

Coronavirus: Princess Beatrice cancels Buckingham Palace wedding reception

Princess Beatrice has cancelled her planned wedding reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens because of the coronavirus.

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said Beatrice and her fiance, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, are carefully considering government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place.

Coronavirus Update: NYPD Officer Tests Positive, More Than 2 Dozen Out Sick
March 18, 2020 at 10:55 am

“More than 1,650 people are sick in New York State, with 923 of those cases in New York City, where the death toll has risen to 10.

Police sources tell CBS2 at least one officer at the 1st Precinct has tested positive and more than two dozen others are out sick, many feeling symptoms.”

[...]

“Police sources say 31 officers are out sick, with 17 feeling symptoms.

If there is a shortage, sources say the department will institute mandatory 12-hour shifts, similar to what happened “

Governor Cuomo update now. MSNBC
Reply to self.
Notes from his presser :

*PA Governor Wolf joins NY, NJ and CT governors in coalition against CV to work together enforcing same regs.

*Mandatory - only 50% of workforce can be required to go to work in NY. Does not include essential workers.

*Number of cases up because testing is up. 14,000 tests done so far.

*23% of cases (549 out of 2,382) hospitalized

*108 have been discharged.

*Focus on facts. We know how this virus has performed elsewhere and here.

*Patient recovered. Was tested after having virus and tested negative.

*Panic and fear disconnected from reality.

Last edited:
Coronavirus: Princess Beatrice cancels Buckingham Palace wedding reception

Princess Beatrice has cancelled her planned wedding reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens because of the coronavirus.

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said Beatrice and her fiance, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, are carefully considering government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place.

I feel so sorry for Beatrice and all the other couples whose wedding plans have been ruined.

I think campgrounds in the California national parks are still open, but California State Park campgrounds have been ordered to close, so it might not be too long before the same happens to campgrounds in the NP's.

Right now, lodging closures in Yosemite and Sequoia/Kings Canyon are slated to last until March 31.

“Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York said Wednesday morning that President Trump had agreed to dispatch a 1,000-bed hospital ship, the U.S.N.S Comfort, to New York Harbor as the state struggles to deal with a stark jump in coronavirus cases.

As of Wednesday morning, 2,382 people had tested positive in New York State, an increase of more than 800 since Tuesday. In New York City, 1,339 people have tested positive, up from 814 yesterday.

Mr. Cuomo also said he was enacting a statewide requirement that no business can have more than half its workforce report to work outside the home.”

N.Y. Braces for Months Under Coronavirus Restrictions: Live Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members