Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 23, 2020 (DENVER, Colo.)— Attorney General Phil Weiser today released the following statement urging state courts to reschedule criminal trials to protect all trial participants from the COVID-19 virus:

I urge Colorado’s courts to recognize that, with the need to protect all trial participants from the deadly COVID-19 virus, trials should be rescheduled, and the speedy trial deadline should be recalculated under both of these statutory exceptions.

Under Colorado’s speedy trial statute, criminal charges must be entirely dismissed if a case does not proceed to trial by a certain deadline. The statute, however, allows prosecutors and defendants to agree to restart the clock and push the deadline out. Thus, I urge the parties in criminal cases to reach an agreement on doing just that—recognizing that we are in a public health emergency.

The COVID-19 virus endangers the lives of older persons and those with underlying health conditions. It is essential that Colorado’s courts recognize that our speedy trial deadlines can and should be interpreted in a way that keeps judges, jurors, witnesses, attorneys, defendants, and other Coloradans safe. Over the longer term, I will recommend to the General Assembly that we clarify that public health emergencies should be recognized in the speedy trial law as a basis to stop the clock.”

Attorney General Phil Weiser says speedy trial deadlines should be extended to keep Coloradans safe from COVID-19 - Colorado Attorney General

This would be fine, just so long as the Colorado AG and the legislature make sure there are no legal loopholes for defendants to exploit.

The last thing anyone wants is to see convictions overturned on appeal b/c the defendant didn't receive a speedy trial.

As we all know, TS would jump at the first opportunity to scream that her constitutional rights had been violated.

JMO.

View attachment 239993
Gannon’s father sent me this photo taken in Florida where his son’s body was tentatively found. He released a statement as well we have posted it in our website.

Nicole Fierro on Twitter
Oh that is beautiful! I’m glad his favorite color was blue, like the oceans and the great blue sky. So sorry for his family.

I know he is in Heaven today.

I understand your point, and for the most part agree. I don't agree with pointing a finger of accusation toward anyone that is not named by LE as criminally involved with this case, however, LE can and surely should, and hopefully would bring such charges if warranted.

My little voice still tells me there may very well be charges coming for someone else, who that is I have no idea, but I'd be surprised if no other person was charged with some type of legal violation, be it in Colorado, South Carolina, Florida, or anywhere else.

I will go on record stating that I do believe individuals are accountable for their actions.

In the final analysis, I think all who come here have the same goal, and that is justice for Gannon.
bbm
Agreed, and teens younger than 17 have been charged if applicable.

But until LE make a statement saying otherwise , I'm assuming HH may have 'talked' and is cooperating with whatever is requested.
TS has harmed so many, and I'm not going to forgive her for any of it-- certainly not if she has abused/manipulated her own child !
She gets no 'apology'. Ever.

Last edited:
This would be fine, just so long as the Colorado AG and/or legislature make sure that there are no legal loopholes that allow the argument to be made that ensuing convictions to be overturned on appeal b/c the defendant didn't receive a speedy trial.

As we all know, TS would jump at the first opportunity to scream that her constitutional rights had been violated.

JMO.
I wouldn’t mind having her sit in a cell while LE gather more evidence, assuming they will continue the investigation.

But yes, she will try every trick in the book to get out of this on a technicality. She isn’t going anywhere though.

If she has any toilet paper or napkins maybe she will write out a hit list like Frazee did. She is about as dumb as he is.

I don’t care who hangs with her if they helped commit this crime.

But to assign perpetrator status to others, however indirectly, and to associate manipulated members of the family with intentional assistance or fault, be it minors or those not even in the state of Colorado when LS chose to brutalize and kill Gannon, is a different matter. MOO

GANNON...

I agree w/ the points, both of you have made

It was relatively easy for me to wash my hands of my sociopathic sister...here’s the conundrum
What would I do if it had been my mother, the sociopath...?
to understand my conflict,
my mother (and father raised me to have a strong
moral center, I believe AL has been strong
positive influence in HH life

Not only has he had a shorter time to counter Letecia’s influence, IMHO,
But That would have been a factor
In Letecia’s gameMOO

IMHO, there is a strong possibility that
HHs emotional maturity has been delayed
therefore, her mental health age may be significantly lower than 17.

I am certain HH has already had to make
some very difficult decisions, the first of many. Personally, MOO, I have seen a tremendous number of young men and women who have entered the military and been successful. They may have had
all sorts of different backgrounds and problems...Some will make it a career, some will learn skills that they can use elsewhere
I am praying that, Letecia has not closed that opportunity forHH
GANNON...

Just a thought, HH
may have been pulling away from
her mother, motivator(stressor)
controlling her own finances

It’s possible SHE was in shock or
meltdown
she had been emotionally
dominated by Letecia

She is a victim for now,

I’d like to know more
about her fellow travelers
enablers or mentors?
Sorry.,,THANK YOU!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind having her sit in a cell while LE gather more evidence, assuming they will continue the investigation.

But yes, she will try every trick in the book to get out of this on a technicality. She isn’t going anywhere though.

If she has any toilet paper or napkins maybe she will write out a hit list like Frazee did. She is about as dumb as he is.
BBM:

I wish we could see the results of their IQ tests.

It would finally answer the burning question:

"Who's the bigger moron, PF or TS?"

The only thing separating them right now is that he's "Mr." Moron and she's "Dr." (cough, cough) Moron.

Aside from that, it's a coin toss.

Last edited:
Any other person in TS's household may have known right from wrong etc and may be accountable for their behavior, but until you have lived with a person like that and for those many years and have first knowledge of what it takes to literally survive I ask for compassion for them. When I got out of my house at age 18, out of the isolation, out of the hate, out of the fear of setting my step mother off, I couldn't believe how the the rest of the world lived in love and kindness and support of one another. I say lets give them all a break, they lived in a world that most of us cannot be imagined. MOO MOO MOO

Thank you for providing this perspective. :-D

This would be fine, just so long as the Colorado AG and/or legislature make sure that there are no legal loopholes that allow the argument to be made that ensuing convictions to be overturned on appeal b/c the defendant didn't receive a speedy trial.

JMO.

BBM:

I wish we could see the results of their IQ tests.

It would finally answer the burning question:

"Who's the bigger moron, PF or TS?"

Right now, it's a coin toss.
I can’t decide who is the more arrogant of the two.

I responded to a claim that a minor in the home is accountable. My posts flow from the position that public conviction of anyone in the home, regardless of age, Meaning adult or minor, because they were in the home and perceived to be consciously and intentionally complicit, and before LE has arrested them along with her, is wrong. Just plain wrong. Hopefully there’s still a legal criteria for ‘assistance’. But this is just an opinion.
@jillycat ... stating that an almost 18 year old should be held accountable for lying and deceiving is NOT synonymous with assigning her as the perpetrator of their mother's crimes.

HH will be a better person to realize that lying and deceiving is wrong. To me, its grossly wrong to allow her to believe otherwise.

Please don't assign claims to my posts that don't exist.

Yes I remember that. I also remember a poster here on WS @HardyStew who, I think sadly we scared off, who posted the following back in thread #16 on 2/21.
I apologize if my wording rubbed you and others the wrong way and was simply using the “apology” reference to bolster my point about the potential for her to be unfairly convicted in the public sphere and probably should have been left out as it seems to have distracted from the point I’m trying to make.

Especially since I personally wouldn’t be making an apology because I think, and very strongly believe, that he is alive, that there are many different layers to a complex situation and that the main players went outside the bounds of the law despite their, mostly, good intentions.

I wish @HardyStew would chime in again please and let us know if the main players you were referencing were those parties in TS’s caravan. And perhaps helped her with her trip to SC via FL? is that what was meant by the BBM? Your Post has stuck out with me all this time. And now it seems to maybe make some sense. Moo

COLOR ADDED BY ME
Appreciated this post and Stattlich's response immensely. While I respect those who opine that T was absolutely not the poster, I find stark similarities in the sentence structure you bolded--as compared with the known writing by T: "Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking." I would love to see linguistic analysis of the stilted speech. I DO believe T had assistance to clean up her ramblings; that is apparent after listening to her live interview with Spencer.

Another possibility concerning T's meaning of "main players went outside the bounds of the law despite their, mostly, good intentions"...could well have been T's attempt to reinforce that LH sent someone to get Gannon because she desperately missed him. (T states as much in the DWAP telephone conversation--implicating LH, with the stipulation that although T believed Landen had GS taken from the home, T did NOT THINK LH would EVER harm him.) How utterly diabolical, any way she twists it.

lavender bolding mine
1,000 likes !

Important the way he worded that as he's not ruling her family/friends out.
Do any of the people in the 'caravan' the reporter (Spencer) described have criminal backgrounds ?
And do I think TS lied to them as well ?
Certainly.

But the way they're circling the wagons makes me uneasy.
What did they know or suspect ?
They know TS far better than any of the rest of us; including LE.

Are they going to 'talk', or will we never know if they knew a dead child was in her luggage or Igloo cooler or whatever she used ?

Not accusing but am suggesting that the DA's statement is profound.
If he knew they weren't involved (none of the family/friends); he would have said that.

It sounds like the reason LE want anyone in FL or along the route to come forward is that the people with her aren't speaking up at all.

That sounds like 'enabling', and maybe why TS made her terrible choices.

My opinion is that it's too early to say her family and friends had no idea and no involvement.
And that TS had indicated to family/friends that she suddenly " just decided to leave AS and to move away from the house".
They must have known Gannon was missing and that TS was the last person to see him.

The other poster who speculated that the male friend (again from the 'interview'and the reporter's statement in msm) may have driven TS' car in one direction (to throw off LE) while TS went the other direction to dump Gannon in FL; sounds closer to the truth.
Imo.
@LietKynes ... as usual, your post brings us back to the the founding values of this site. DDA Michael Allen under DA Dan May are entrusted the roll of seeking justice for Gannon. Sadly, that may include realities uncomfortable for us. DDA says nothing that could jeopardize this case. But his statement regarding not ruling her family/friends out cannot be ignored.

If I error, let it be to the side that supports Justice for Gannon!

Absolutely right.

I cannot imagine the lives these 3 children led while under the "care" of TS.

We don't know a single thing HH did or didn't do. She has not been named by LE as an accomplice or having anything to do with what went on. Her mother is a murderer who had no problem killing a child.

If I'm her daughter, I gotta think twice about saying no to Mama.

We will see in time what happened, but for now, HH is a minor child and should be treated as such.

MOO
DBM

I think this investigation is far from over and that the AA may not be released soon.
That's fine as it means they're gathering more evidence and there could be more people held accountable.

So grateful Gannon was found !
I feared he would never be located.
Sad and yet thankful that his parents can give him a decent burial !
My utmost condolences to them always.

I know it's a difficult time for so many in this country and elsewhere right now ... but spring is already officially here, and I'm looking forward to starting my flower garden.
Am planning to put out some blue annuals & perennials for Gannon this year.
Primroses, Pansies, and Hydrangeas.

Can someone tell me what the suicidal ideation, pregnancy and hospitalization story is? And did it originate? Thanks. And is it true HH had a role in it?
The podcast is over two hours, but its worth the listen. Leigh is interviewed and offers the details about the suicidal ideation, pregnancy and hospitalization of TS. This deception caused her worry enough to seek a wellness check on TS. Trish's points caused me to reserve my position on HH.

I don’t care who hangs with her if they helped commit this crime.

But to assign perpetrator status to others, however indirectly, and to associate manipulated members of the family with intentional assistance or fault, be it minors or those not even in the state of Colorado when LS chose to brutalize and kill Gannon, is a different matter. MOO

GANNON...

I agree w/ the points, both of you have made

It was relatively easy for me to wash my hands of my sociopathic sister...here’s the conundrum
What would I do if it had been my mother, the sociopath...?
to understand my conflict,
my mother (and raised me to have a strong
moral center, I believe AL has been strong
positive influence in HH life

Not only has he had a shorter time to counter Letecia’s influence, IMHO,
But That would have been a factor
In Letecia’s gameMOO

IMHO, there is a strong possibility that
HHs emotional maturity has been delayed
therefore, her mental health age may be significantly lower than 17.

I am certain HH has already had to make
some very difficult decisions, the first of many. Personally, MOO, I have seen a tremendous number of young men and women who have entered the military and been successful. They may have had
all sorts of different backgrounds and problems...Some will make it a career, some will learn skills that they can use elsewhere
I am praying that, Letecia has not closed that opportunity forHJ
GANNON...

Just a thought, HH
may have been pulling away from
her mother, motivator(stressor)
controlling her own finances

It’s possible SHE was in shock or
meltdown
she had been emotionally
dominated by Letecia

She is a victim for now,

I’d like to know more
about her fellow travelers
enablers or mentors?
Sorry.,,THANK YOU!
@jillycat ... stating that an almost 18 year old should be held accountable for lying and deceiving is NOT synonymous with assigning her as the perpetrator of their mother's crimes.

HH will be a better person to realize that lying and deceiving is wrong. To me, its grossly wrong to allow her to believe otherwise.

Please don't assign claims to my posts that don't exist.
GANNON...
This is more of follow thru to this subject, not arguing either side but insight—-
my nephews, were often used as pawns,
Their mom put them in very uncomfortable
Positions... they were younger than HH
But even as adults, she continues to attempt
To use them, w/ less success.
It broke my heart when I “washed my hands” of my sister, because I knew it was going break my nephews’ hearts... my sister was incapable of seeing their pain...they were merely checkers on the board...MOO there is enough evidence to convict Letecia...w/o HH and she will be given an opportunity to develop a stronger moral core w/o Letecia’s influence...there are HHs
all over these cases...She also loved Gannon, IMHO...

I can't imagine that a TS family member or friend talking with her weren't sensing some kind of suspicion with her behaviors? I would be questioning TS. Her Aunts just rode along like it is a good idea for TS to up and leave when a child she was caring for AND saw last was missing. Geez, didn't someone get a bad vibe? Just can't figure out how people that know her are so willing to carry on like nothing is out of the norm.
She’s probably been manipulating her family for years. People like LS are practiced liars. They can be glib and charming and they’re especially good at playing the victim. She may have her entire family convinced that she is an innocent little girl being persecuted by Gannon’s evil family and LE. They’re used to her constantly being in the center of upheaval by now and accustomed to the drama she brings along with her. I really doubt any of her family members would willingly go along with a murder and relocation of a body. They may have suspicions but they are never voiced because to do so would betray the family. They probably would gather around her to try to protect her from being (as she’d claim) wrongly accused. They won’t let anyone who doesn’t tow the family line of “poor Leticia” get anywhere near her.

COLOR ADDED BY ME
Appreciated this post and Stattlich's response immensely. While I respect those who opine that T was absolutely not the poster, I find stark similarities in the sentence structure you bolded--as compared with the known writing by T: "Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking." I would love to see linguistic analysis of the stilted speech. I DO believe T had assistance to clean up her ramblings; that is apparent after listening to her live interview with Spencer.

Another possibility concerning T's meaning of "main players went outside the bounds of the law despite their, mostly, good intentions"...could well have been T's attempt to reinforce that LH sent someone to get Gannon because she desperately missed him. (T states as much in the DWAP telephone conversation--implicating LH, with the stipulation that although T believed Landen had GS taken from the home, T did NOT THINK LH would EVER harm him.) How utterly diabolical, any way she twists it.

Good post. You see, I find it very difficult to believe, within my extensive reading on this case, in some circles, the blatant, aggressive, and at times threatening emergence of support and defense of LS, along with some of your postulations herein, coupled with some common sense, there just HAS to be more charges coming in this case.

I have big shoulders. I'll surely admit that I was absolutely wrong should it NOT play out in that manner, but to be settled in the belief that she did ALL of this alone, without ANYONE having knowledge of her actions, is difficult for this ole boy.

I have been doing a lot of reading (unfortunately) about human decomposition to try to nail down an idea in my head about when, or if Gannon was placed in a suitcase and whether anyone would have noticed. If he was kept in a storage trailer for any amount of time, and there was ANYONE accessing the inside to help LS “move”, I HIGHLY doubt that after being deceased 3-4 day, nobody noticed.
Here are two sources. One goes extremely in depth and gives incredibly unpleasant details, while the other is more friendly and has less details, but elaborates on the stages using days deceased.

5 Stages of Human Decomposition | Bio Socal

Stage 1 – Initial Breakdown

As soon as death occurs, the body temperature starts cooling to match the surrounding temperature around it. Without blood and oxygen flow, muscular tissues become rigid and the blood pools into the lower extremities. Then, as the bacteria in the intestines devour the intestinal walls, cells lose their structural integrity and cellular enzymes are released to begin breaking down the cells themselves and surrounding tissues. Microbes also start breaking down carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids. Most of this breakdown occurs inside the body and is not visible from the outside. At the end of this stage, blowflies and flesh flies arrive to lay eggs.

Stage 2 – Bloating
As bacteria multiply and process bodily materials, they produce gasses such as methane, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and hydrogen sulfide which bloat the body. These gasses build up pressure in the body and push fluids out through natural openings including the mouth, nose, and anus. If insects are present, maggots begin to hatch and feed on body tissues causing the skin to slip, the hair to detach, and the surface to rupture. These additional openings provide even more surface area for insects and bacteria, thereby quickening the decaying process. This emitting of gasses and fluids is what causes the greatest amount of odor during the decaying process.

Stage 3 – Active Decay
It’s during the active decaying process the most body mass is lost due to bacteria and insects processing the body material along with liquids being released into the surrounding environment. During this stage, the area of decomposition expands into the surroundings and the most insects are present while they feed on bodily fluids. This stage ends when the maggots leave the body.

Stage 4 – Advanced Decay
By this stage, most soft tissues have already decomposed and only bones, hair, cartilage, ligaments, and sticky byproducts of decomposition are left. Insects with chewing mouthparts such as beetles and certain types of flies are attracted at this stage and arrive to chew on and process this tougher material.

Stage 5 – Dry Remains
The last stage is when all byproducts of decomposition have dried up and only the skeleton and perhaps some hair are left. Beetles and flies eat anything softer that remains, and mites and moth larvae digest the hair. Exposed to the elements, the bones lighten in color and are eventually reclaimed by the earth.

Speed of Decomposition
How quickly a body decomposes depends on several factors: surrounding temperature, whether the body is buried or exposed to air or water, and the number of bacteria present. A body that is exposed to the elements such as air and water will decompose faster and have more insect activity than a body buried or confined in a sealed space. In similar fashion, a body decomposing in warm temperatures will break down faster than if it is left in a cold environment. The exception to this is if the temperature is so hot that moisture, a needed component in decay, isn’t present. In that case, the body mummifies and dries out.

However fast or slow a body decomposes and goes through these five stages, it is nature’s way of releasing the materials back into the earth so new life can be born again.

https://www.aftermath.com/content/human-decomposition/

• 24-72 hours after death — the internal organs decompose.
  • 3-5 days after death — the body starts to bloat and [URL='http://www.enkivillage.com/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-body-to-decompose.html']blood-containing foam
  • leaks from the mouth and nose.
  • 8-10 days after death — the body turns from green to red as the blood decomposes and the organs in the abdomen accumulate gas.
  • Several weeks after death — nails and teeth fall out.
  • 1 month after death — the body starts to liquify.

[/URL]

As to if she had help or not. For most of this, she needed absolutely no help at all.

What I think she did have help with, is crafting her alibi. I think we will learn that she encouraged her older daughter to lie for her, and this may have included initial law enforcement interviews and the coaching we saw during that infamous tv interview.

She abused Gannon herself, traveled to the murder scene herself, committed the murder herself, and moved/dumped the body herself. She needed no help with any of these things.

In order for my opinion to change, I need to know the logistics here (where Gannon’s body was during transport, and who if anyone had a reasonable expectation of knowing what was going on).

But on the face of it, I don’t think anyone else committed major crimes (knowingly aided her in the body tampering).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge