Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she was implying that next-door neighbor RD’s camera couldn’t have possibly caught Gannon walking to his friends house, because he walked in the other direction down the street: i.e, towards the left of Gannon’s home if you were facing it head-on. RD lives on the right side.
Ahhhhhh, the Gate & Key red herring mystery is now solved :(

It was very telling that no well-known attorneys wanted anything to do with the Arias trial (like the Anthony and Peterson trials) and I think the same will happen here. I couldn’t sit thru another Jose Baezesque circus.
There would be no circus, as her attorney couldn’t step in front of a camera, couldn’t release a statement, and wouldn’t have the benefit of a televised trial.

Which is precisely the reason I don’t believe any high profile attorney would touch this case with a 10 foot pole.

No grandstanding, no moment in the spotlight, just a brutal courtroom loss.

No thanks.

This case really shows how important it is to move fast in missing persons cases, especially involving kids. They took the word of a non-biological parent that this sweet little well-mannered boy RAN AWAY??? NOT smart. The law has to change. I personally trust no one ever, and would especially not trust one word that came out of any step-parent’s mouth regarding a missing child. I know human nature all too well. Most, if not all cops think the same way, so it must have been extremely frustrating for them not to be able to move on getting warrants for this psycho and her vehicles.

It is a frustrating case. But I don't think a new law about step-parents would be helpful. The majority of step-parents don't harm, much less murder, their step-children. If a bio-parent trusts his/her spouse with his/her children, I don't think the government should interfere. JMO

In past murder cases I also have been interested in the decomposition aspect and how it relates to evidence. I think what makes this case unique though is the nighttime temperatures fell below freezing on many nights around the time and after him being reported as missing.

I have read up on some of the Body Farm studies but I dont recall ever seeing a study of what would happen if about 1/2 of a day was always below freezing. Once frozen, things take awhile to thaw and if the nighttime temps went below freezing every night, then I wonder if decomposition in this case was not nearly progressed as much as we would normally think. There may have not been near as much odor as usual until he was moved South.

Of course that is assuming his body was kept where the outside temperatures affected it. We really dont know that yet I suppose.

For what its worth, below link shows what the temperatures were around the time of his disappearance. High and Low temps included for each day.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/colorado-springs/80903/february-weather/327351

Keep in mind, also, that there are plenty of spots that would've remained cold enough to retain snow/ice. Higher altitudes, north-facing slopes, deep depressions in the ground. Around Colorado it's usually easy to find patches of frozen ground and snow even when it's been warmer and melted off everywhere else.

JMO
Been thinking of that location where they found his body. If it was nightime and if he was thrown off the edge of the higher road (one on left of picture of LE vehicles) then I could see where someone who was not very familiar with that area around the bridge may have thought it was all swampy and wet under the area where he was found.

The road was still elevated and the land underneath the road looked like it could have been swampy if it was dark out. In daylight it is easy to see it is dry under there but at night it may have looked to be swampy and part of the river systems.

It may have been a bad mistake by whoever dumped him over the side. They probably were not very familiar with that area. Its either that or they panicked and had to dump him anyway even though they drove past the water parts.

It’s very risky to just drop it some place so open to the public with lots of cars driving by unless she thought it was going to disappear quickly. Unless of course, someone else’s dropped it for her and really didn’t care if she got caught.

This case really shows how important it is to move fast in missing persons cases, especially involving kids. They took the word of a non-biological parent that this sweet little well-mannered boy RAN AWAY??? NOT smart. The law has to change. I personally trust no one ever, and would especially not trust one word that came out of any step-parent’s mouth regarding a missing child. I know human nature all too well. Most, if not all cops think the same way, so it must have been extremely frustrating for them not to be able to move on getting warrants for this psycho and her vehicles.
They couldn’t get warrants unless they had probable cause, and it’s protected by the 4th Amendment.

You don’t tear up the Constitution, or take away people’s rights, just because there are times where it’s inconvenient or harmful.

It looked from the beginning that they didn’t trust her, or believe her story. It took time and evidence to be able to obtain warrants though.

@Love Never Fails , you sure do live up to your screen name, lol :)

Wasn't that podcast informative?

I agree that HH can be forgiven. Hopefully she can be deprogrammed of the sociopathic behaviors modeled by TS. I always taught my children, if you are not a friend of LE, then you are doing something wrong.
It’s true that genuine Love doesn’t fail, but I try and try and I still fail a lot. Lol. But thank you so much.

When you are raised in that atmosphere, I am not sure you could be deprogrammed. Her mother is quite the monster. Who could kill a little boy?

Yes, the podcast was interesting. I don’t usually watch them. I just come here and read. I can’t even keep up with the posts. I have hope for HH though, if she can get away from that family.

Ahhhhhh, the Gate & Key red herring mystery is now solved :(
I really don't know what she was talking about. Why would she say he didn't come "towards" the house? I think she was talking about the person she claimed to have picked him up.

Either way, she must have left some type of evidence near that gate. I'm thinking it was blood. Maybe Gannon tried to get away at some point or she carried the body that way and left a blood trail.

Imo

Oh yes, Gannon could easily fit into a suitcase. Several weeks ago my son got in one. He is 9 but 5'3" ,120lbs...even his size 10 man feet were zipped in!

Pretty sure I'll never again allow such play...

Thanks for post. Yes, G weighed 30 lbs less too.

Got me thinking ——- I wonder if LE, with the help of the US military and or FBI used Google Earth to zero in on the discarded suitcase along the path they probably knew she had taken, but couldn’t find it as it was hidden from view. I wonder if T thought ahead and planned it that way.

I believe they were onto her BS very early on would love to hear what she told them and see the evidence she provided.

Gannon Stauch: Stepmother releases public statement after missing boy mysteriously vanishes while in her care

That can be scanned for actual time verification. Last, from day one the Sheriff’s office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with.”

“I explained to them and provided evidence. They had information about G having the key to go out the side gate. Last they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come. Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it so they could have the best shot at doing their job and bringing G home. The last thing that they needed was a hindrance to their investigation. I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G!”

I really don't know what she was talking about. Why would she say he didn't come "towards" the house? I think she was talking about the person she claimed to have picked him up.

Either way, she must have left some type of evidence near that gate. I'm thinking it was blood. Maybe Gannon tried to get away at some point or she carried the body that way and left a blood trail.

Imo

Always been confused by her response to the neighbor as well. She was supposedly working out in the basement when "Gannon left" and didn't mention which friend he was going to see. So how in God's name could she know for certain which way he went?

There would be no circus, as her attorney couldn’t step in front of a camera, couldn’t release a statement, and wouldn’t have the benefit of a televised trial.

Which is precisely the reason I don’t believe any high profile attorney would touch this case with a 10 foot pole.

No grandstanding, no moment in the spotlight, just a brutal courtroom loss.

No thanks.

Emphasis on brutal

Sadly bio parents kill their children frequently.

A parent killing a child happens more often than we think - CNN

Ok so I know I have missed a lot of posts because they have gone quickly and I’ve been following other cases and the viral outbreak but I have to just pause for comment on this interview. If I didn’t have such disdain for this woman and know the outcome of this, I would be laughing. This is absolutely the most ridiculous interview I’ve ever seen. I somehow missed that the Entire thing was facing the back of her head. I had only heard that audio. Most specifically the shot of the back of her head and her fake tears at the end. The whole thing is beyond awkward. The poor daughter who obviously doesn’t want to be filmed. The whole thing. Painful. Awkward. Just wth. And where was poor little G when she had the audacity to demand an apology from everyone? Where had she put that little boy:mad:
No wonder she wouldn’t look at the camera. Ick.MOO IMO
Search continued for 11-year-old Colorado boy Gannon Stauch on Thursday

Happens all of the time there. Many murder victims have been disposed of that way. I absolutely believe those were her intentions. That river in particular is known for gators. She could have dumped him in CO, NM, TX, AL, LA, SC, GA... so many other places. She chose that place for a reason.

True... and Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and South Carolina also have alligators. Not just Florida. I really, respectfully, don't think LS traveled all that way from Colorado Springs thinking that a Florida alligator was the only way and the best way that she could get rid of a body she was transporting in her vehicle. Count the days she's been on the road and throw in that she could be pulled over at any time by LE and then consider the possibility that the odor in the vehicle is increasing. At that point, a person wouldn't even want to stop long enough for gas, imo, for fear people at the station would notice. It was time for poor Gannon to go, imo. She wanted his body far from Colorado Springs (he'd been abducted) ...but didn't dare go any further with his body in the car due to the increasing risk of being caught, imo.

Last edited:
I think LS is a professional planner even though she always seem to inadvertently sabotage her own plans with her big mouth. I think she killed him in a remote area on that Monday and immediately placed him into a suitcase or carry bag and covered him in snow as a temporary measure. She left him there knowing she would have to move him, imo. If she's a crime buff, as many have said, she would have planned ahead to avoid the difficulties of trying to contain a hard-to-manage body later in time, imo. I think, on that long and fateful Sunday night, when she first abused Gannon and went too far, she already knew her days in CO were numbered and she was already planning her "escape" to SC.
After all, just hours later, at 8:30 am on Tuesday she was renting a car at the airport... and went missing herself for over 900 miles of driving.... "so Gannon wouldn't see a familiar vehicle and hide because he knew he was in trouble."

I'm sure the prosecution is already anticipating the eventual reward of going for her throat at trial and enjoying those feelings already.
JMO.

Good post. I love these long theory, walk-us-thru-the-crime posts. My only issue with this theory is that I do not believe the control freak T would leave him anywhere that unsecured. Way too risky. Humans, wild animals (blood), her own stress, no gps, and her forgetting spot, etc. Way too risky. I think she must have stashed him somewhere far more secure like a storage unit or a place indoors, secured from wild animals and humans that she was very familiar with like a friend or family members garage or back yard shed, etc. If she brought him home then called LE to report him missing she was risking cops being all over her vehicle, house etc.

Always been confused by her response to the neighbor as well. She was supposedly working out in the basement when "Gannon left" and didn't mention which friend he was going to see. So how in God's name could she know for certain which way he went?

Those pesky little details when someone is trying to lie about something. :)

True... and Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and South Carolina also have alligators. I really, respectfully, don't think LS traveled all that way from Colorado Springs thinking that an alligator was the only way and the best way that she could get rid of a body in her vehicle. Count the days she's been on the road and throw in that she could be pulled over at any time by LE and then consider the possibility that the odor in the vehicle is increasing. At that point, a person wouldn't even want to stop long enough for gas, imo, for fear people at the station would notice. It was time for poor Gannon to go, imo. She wanted his body far from Colorado Springs (he'd been abducted) ...but didn't dare go any further, imo.
JMO.

You might be surprised how many Americans are unaware that alligators live anywhere but FL. I agree her main goal was probably just to get him far from Colorado, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member