Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever that guy was driving the moving van is probably the same guy who dumped the body. If HE was driving it at interview and she was driving her car what makes anyone think they switched drivers. Obviously he wasn’t a moving man, bc they don’t sit there waiting for you as you ramble on in long interviews. And do you seriously think she’s going to trust a stranger to move her “stuff.” She must know him. So who is he??? And more importantly how did he NOT smell death in the truck!? Or did he. He must have helped her move her stuff. Surely he smelled or saw something. W.t.h. is he???

Last edited:
If you search the docket for the same attorney representing the media in the morning to unseal the AA this event comes up

4/14/20
8:30 AM 1Hr KOAA CHANNEL 5 Status Conference D212019CV150 El Paso County DIV 3-ROOM S406 (South Tower)

My assumption is that is the next hearing on unsealing information to the media.

N
The interview aired on the 31st, but it was recorded on the 29th. She cleared her stuff out on either the 29th or 30th.
New here. Pardon the intrusion, but y'all are assuming that neighbor's video is from the time LS said he went missing and the last sighting of him. I don't believe the video that has been circulating all over the media is from that time period 10am-2pm. I'm not even positive its Gannon in the video that has been shown. In that video, he is not even wearing the clothes they said he went missing in. I can't make out a face either, and was wondering if this could even be HH.

It just doesn't make sense that they would publicize what he was wearing as blue jeans, when the video publicized clearly shows different clothes.

We all know how much LS has lied, but in the crime online interview, she did say the video shown was wrong, from a different day. This is the one time I actually believe her. I don't believe anyone outside of LE has seen the last known video of him because it has never been released to the public.

All this is my opinion only.
sorry, but LE has the time stamped clear videos and imo the release and the statements were endorsed and directed by LE to rattle LS. It doesn’t make sense that video from the wrong day would be shared and why would HH play along and for what purpose? She was supposedly at work and I’m sure that’s been checked.

i highly doubt Gannons body was ever transported back to the house. It would defy any logic of LS main goal of not getting caught. She was about to call LE and start an investigation. She would have no way to fully control where and how they searched. If they thought he may be hiding somewhere in the house they would turn the house inside out and would have likely discovered him. She’s a control freak, she likely hid him somewhere far away from the house, like in a woods in Douglas county some 40 miles north of her home. Most killers try to distance themselves from their evil deeds not bring them back home with them. Also I believe he was infact murdered in that 4 hr time frame of her back roads trip. And personally I don’t think she had a specific location in mind. I think she just went out driving back roads until she found a spot she thought would be good. I think she likely marched him into the woods and killed him and left him right where he died. She then went back and retrieved him later and fled. Jmo

I agree. I even wonder if, even as injured (and possibly overmedicated too) as he was, he was able to try and run for his life, while she was beating or stabbing him.....forcing her to go for the gun and end up shooting him as he fled. The only way multiple weapons makes sense in my mind. MOO

I do not believe Gannon's body was returned to the house, my post was expounding upon a theory that if Gannon had returned (alive) with LS in the truck that she would have had to have murdered him in the house.
Although we can’t discuss it here. Her shopping on Monday gives a pretty narrow time frame I believe for the murder. Alibi efforts that day were pretty transparent imo.

If you search the docket for the same attorney representing the media in the morning to unseal the AA this event comes up

4/14/20
8:30 AM 1Hr KOAA CHANNEL 5 Status Conference D212019CV150 El Paso County DIV 3-ROOM S406 (South Tower)

My assumption is that is the next hearing on unsealing information to the media.

Yes, at her first court appearance the 4/14 date was set for a variety of purposes. IIRC, however, the judge said he reserved the right to make judgement on motions before then... IOW, he could unseal the affidavit any time.

Yes, at her first court appearance the 4/14 date was set for a variety of purposes. IIRC, however, the judge said he reserved the right to make judgement on motions before then... IOW, he could unseal the affidavit any time.

This event is in the morning on theat same day but still a separate event. I want to see it earlier too but I have a feeling it will be decided at that event. We may get it a few hours before her trial but that's about it IMO.

Whoever that guy was driving the moving van is probably the same guy who dumped the body. If HE was driving it at interview and she was driving her car what makes anyone think they switched drivers. Obviously he wasn’t a moving man, bc they don’t sit there waiting for you as you ramble on in long interviews. And do you seriously think she’s going to trust a stranger to move her “stuff.” She must know him. So who is he??? And more importantly how did he NOT smell death in the truck!? Or did he. He must have helped her move her stuff. Surely he smelled or saw something. W.t.h. is he???

Forgive me, but I'm not following how it must be the van driver that dumped him. If a moving company/person is getting paid to move stuff clear across the country, I would think the compensation (plus the situation) would be enough to wait for an interview to be complete. MOO.

‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE UPDATE]

IMO... she is just continuing to lie, but BBM, the authorities have a lot more video so time will tell.

Stauch told CrimeOnline that Gannon was with her when she arrived back home and that as he exited the truck, he was holding a white bag in his hand.

Stach theorized that Drayton may have provided the incorrect date of the surveillance footage, since her teen daughter arrived home on January 27 at around 4:38 p.m., and parked in the same spot her truck was spotted in on security footage.

Drayton added that there is a lot more footage that has not been shown publicly, that was handed over to authorities.

“Nobody offered me any money. I didn’t release the tapes. News media released it. They were told not to but they released it…I guess she didn’t realize that I had a camera, but the FBI came and recorded [the footage] I guess from Saturday until that whole week. So they know everything she done from that Saturday until that following Saturday.”

GANNON...
‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE UPDATE]

IMO... she is just continuing to lie, but BBM, the authorities have a lot more video so time will tell.

Stauch told CrimeOnline that Gannon was with her when she arrived back home and that as he exited the truck, he was holding a white bag in his hand.

Stach theorized that Drayton may have provided the incorrect date of the surveillance footage, since her teen daughter arrived home on January 27 at around 4:38 p.m., and parked in the same spot her truck was spotted in on security footage.

Drayton added that there is a lot more footage that has not been shown publicly, that was handed over to authorities.

“Nobody offered me any money. I didn’t release the tapes. News media released it. They were told not to but they released it…I guess she didn’t realize that I had a camera, but the FBI came and recorded [the footage] I guess from Saturday until that whole week. So they know everything she done from that Saturday until that following Saturday.”

GANNON...

I really can’t look at that driveway video

again... my memory, is it possibly Gannon

was holding his hand against his body,

because HIS finger has been cut off...

pinkie promise/proof of life/ kidnapping/dissapearance/

I do remember it looked like he was holding things against his stomach...

LE has all the answers, JMHO, nothing discussed here, at this point, is going to hurt or help case, there is/was gag order? , before body was found...so we CAN continue to put the darn puzzle together?...

N

sorry, but LE has the time stamped clear videos and imo the release and the statements were endorsed and directed by LE to rattle LS. It doesn’t make sense that video from the wrong day would be shared and why would HH play along and for what purpose? She was supposedly at work and I’m sure that’s been checked.

Of course LE has time stamped videos. Not disputing that at all. But, they never did come out and say the video shown was the last video of him.

As far as me thinking maybe its HH in that video, that's just speculation on my part. Obvs. I could be very wrong. I probably am. I just don't think the video released to the media was last video of him. My opinion.

How do you explain him being in different clothing?

Last edited:

4/14/20

B.B.M.

Thank you! Great Find!

Oh, Yoo-Hoooooo…. @MassGuy, seen this, by any chance?

6019.gif

Last edited:
Agree with your assessment.

I think she routinely made Gannon her scapegoat.

She terrorized him.

JMO.

I totally agree with you @GordianKnot . If he was the "quiet, sweet boy" she referred to she could have been picking on, terrorizing, physically, mentally and emotionally abusing him for a very long time. And a child that for the most part is compliant with the big person in authority, could have just been "taking it" for a very long time. I think a few things came into play here. She lost her job and snapped, but at the same time, she did one too many things to Gannon and he finally got brave enough to even say to her, "I'm telling my Dad {what you did!}. which sent her into the frenzy. Up until that time, I seriously think she was entertaining the thought of getting rid of him in some manner. Maybe not by murdering him, but in some way, relieving herself of him. But when she snapped, she was in the state of crazy, insane anger and suddenly her plan became a damn good idea and she acted on it, plain and simple. Does this excuse her in any way, shape or form? Oh hell no! But it is the only thing that makes a whit of sense to me.

The last thing I think that came into play here was the state of her marriage. AS, upon seeing the tape that R showed him from his Ring and having the reaction that he did, was the last straw for him. Crying was probably not a thing he did and he even surprised himself. It's one of those "things,feelings" that solidify when you are with someone in a relationship, when you start actually see them for who they really are but sometimes just don't want to believe it. I think that they may have recently talked about her unstable, deceitful behavior and as a result, he had her on a short leash, so to speak. But LS being LS, blamed Gannon because....she could.

The more I read about this case, the more it hurts my head. IMHO, while I think she is the devil incarnate, this murder is on her shoulders only. She planned and executed this crime on her own. Others may have known about it, but who in there right mind is going to take a random suitcase from her with the instructions of, "Get rid of it somewhere" unless it was some random new male friend that didn't know who he was playing with, and I just don't think that was the case.

MOO, MOO

Apologies in advance...

In my head, I'm seeing DA and DDA present at the home when AS calls t and confronts about the pool of blood. I've seen enough cases where there is a stain left on the carpet, but when the carpet is pulled up the pad reveals a much larger (area) of stain. With Gannon's room being in the basement, I'm assuming it was concrete under the pad. Maybe he lost enough blood to be incompatible with life (without immediate medical attention) and that's why the initially announced that they didn't think he was alive. Maybe when he went to the car he was woozy from blood loss.

Ugh, poor sweet boy. I want to see t get whatever she has coming to her.

Just a thought ...

Pictures with images of buckheads and bow and arrows, lead me to believe that GS came from a family of hunters. I know the hunters in my family regard CO as a place of a hunters dream.

With Gannon approaching the age of 12, he would be preparing to take his hunter's safety course. TS may have lured him to a remote area under the guise of taking him for shooting practice. An area where the sound of gunshots would not cause alarm. "It wasn't a tragedy, it was an accident."

In the video, TS appeared to be dressed for hunting as opposed to a Lilly Pulitzer runway.

She might have stabbed him to get him to fit into the suitcase bc of the abdominal distention from the build up of gases.

Chris Watts in ‘Letters from Christopher” said, “I felt nothing for my family. I was only worried about the dog at home and if I took him out of his cage.” Something like that, regarding the disposal of the bodies. I bet it was the same for T. She did, after all, have to worry about stealing Al’s French bulldog and taking him out of state. Probably either to sell for cash or hold hostage as a bargaining chip.

CW was clearly a sociopath or a psychopath in my mind. The fake, continuous, non-stop, over-the-top, completely disingenuous smile in all of the family photos was proof to me. No one smiles that much unless they have nothing going on upstairs and/or they are fake, really not there, feel nothing, etc. It’s the classic mask of a psychopath.

TS is more of a classic opportunist, desperado, has broken laws her whole life, really doesn’t care about anyone but herself. I think his killing was all about self-preservation. If she has any psychopathologies my guess would be explosive rage disorder and maybe bipolar 1.

• increased talkativeness
  • increased self-esteem or grandiosity
  • decreased need for sleep
  • increase in goal-direct activity, energy level, or irritability
  • racing thoughts
  • poor attention
  • increased risk-taking (spending money, risky sexual behaviors, etc.)

New here. Pardon the intrusion, but y'all are assuming that neighbor's video is from the time LS said he went missing and the last sighting of him. I don't believe the video that has been circulating all over the media is from that time period 10am-2pm. I'm not even positive its Gannon in the video that has been shown. In that video, he is not even wearing the clothes they said he went missing in. I can't make out a face either, and was wondering if this could even be HH.

It just doesn't make sense that they would publicize what he was wearing as blue jeans, when the video publicized clearly shows different clothes.

We all know how much LS has lied, but in the crime online interview, she did say the video shown was wrong, from a different day. This is the one time I actually believe her. I don't believe anyone outside of LE has seen the last known video of him because it has never been released to the public.
Oh, you've poked the bear! I'm awaiting @MassGuy to either change Brady into a pewter and red uniform (or whatever the 2020 uniform will be), or change his name to TampaBayGuy.
I agree that there will be a delay due to the ever-changing and ever-increasing restrictions that have been imposed by the virus. I can't keep up with which states are now in total lockdown (mine is), but it is inevitably changing even the most important dates on the calendars, even court calendars.
In all my 62 years of being a New Yorker, through 9/11, Superstorm Sandy etc., NOTHING has brought this city to a standstill like the coronavirus has. This includes impediments to the court system. If it hasn't caught up to the court system in South Carolina, I believe it will. We are presently the epicenter and have so many police, lawyers, detectives, court workers and potential jury members who are ill that the system is not functioning as it ought.
It disturbs me endlessly that justice for Gannon and for all victims may be forced to delay, but such is the circumstance now.

Gannon...

I DO NOT want to rewatch the video!!!!

I have relied on others w/ stronger
stomachs, and better heart shields than mine...
but I will...

All this is my opinion only.

In past murder cases I also have been interested in the decomposition aspect and how it relates to evidence. I think what makes this case unique though is the nighttime temperatures fell below freezing on many nights around the time and after him being reported as missing.

I have read up on some of the Body Farm studies but I dont recall ever seeing a study of what would happen if about 1/2 of a day was always below freezing. Once frozen, things take awhile to thaw and if the nighttime temps went below freezing every night, then I wonder if decomposition in this case was not nearly progressed as much as we would normally think. There may have not been near as much odor as usual until he was moved South.

Of course that is assuming his body was kept where the outside temperatures affected it. We really dont know that yet I suppose.

For what its worth, below link shows what the temperatures were around the time of his disappearance. High and Low temps included for each day.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/colorado-springs/80903/february-weather/327351

I don't know if this will help, since in my case, it's a deer with no fur or internal organs and not a human, but if it gets into the low 20s, they freeze solid overnight and as long as it stays below 40, they never thaw completely, just the outermost muscle tissue thaws. If it gets up to 50F for a good chunk of the day, they will typically thaw completely or most of the way, but they stay really cold and freeze quickly again at night if it's lowers 20s. On the warmer side of things, if it's only getting down to freezing or barely below and staying in the 40s during the day, they don't ever freeze solid, but they do not go bad. As long as we don't get above 50F for hours, we keep them hanging for 2-3 weeks.

I'd imagine a fully intact human body would not freeze solid overnight the first night. Extremities would, I think, but the core would still hold quite a bit of heat and take longer to cool. However, I think a body would stay cool longer once it did cool off because of the mass, so even if it never froze completely, I think it would take quite some time for everything to reach a temperature where speedy decomp would take place.

I do have a human story, but the situation would not be nearly the same. When my FIL passed away, they did not embalm him and put him in a very simple casket that didn't seal in any way due to family wishes. He was kept in the morgue cooler (approx. 36-39F) for a couple of days before we had the family viewing. I don't know how early they took him out to dress him, but we had the family viewing at 10am and it was recommended to have a closed casket for the public viewing as it would not take long at funeral home temps for smell to become an issue. By the time the last people were leaving at around 8pm, there was a very slight odor standing right next to the casket. Not necessarily bad, but definitely organic in nature. However, that would have been in the best of situations, a starting temp of maybe 36F, never a chance for anything to freeze, and then 10 hours of close to 70F+ temps. Maybe closer to 75F.

Of course LE has time stamped videos. Not disputing that at all. But, they never did come out and say the video shown was the last video of him.

As far as me thinking maybe its HH in that video, that's just speculation on my part. Obvs. I could be very wrong. I probably am. I just don't think the video released to the media was last video of him. My opinion.

How do you explain him being in different clothing?
Being in different clothing than what TS said he was wearing when he "ran away"? Because she's lied so many times that she can't keep anything straight and fabricates as she goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back