FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

Disco1

Reaction score
Just watched, “Tiger King.” Midway through episode 3 or 4, Carole state’s that her missing husbands flight license was going to expire the day after he died!!!!! She just admitted knowing the date he died!!!!!! Tried to contact Hillsborough police tip line and dispatcher did not know what I was talking about and redirected me to place a tip online. I did not submit a tip online out of frustration and inconvenience. Feel free to submit tip if you would like!

Just watched, “Tiger King.” Midway through episode 3 or 4, Carole state’s that her missing husbands flight license was going to expire the day after he died!!!!! She just admitted knowing the date he died!!!!!! Tried to contact Hillsborough police tip line and dispatcher did not know what I was talking about and redirected me to place a tip online. I did not submit a tip online out of frustration and inconvenience. Feel free to submit tip if you would like!

Oh wow, I didn't catch that - good catch! Do you know what episode that was?

I did binge watch this program. Interesting to say the very least. Colorful characters.

Carole Baskin and Joe Exotic Tiger King had a long running feud. The disappearance of Don Lewis is implied and the motive is strong in this case - IF the lawyer and friends are telling the truth. In my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a summary to read? I'd like to get the background...not just the short bit from the sheriff. Which, btw, high five to him for jumping on the sudden popularity!

Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin had a long-standing feud in the “big cat” world. Both profited from their ownership of big cats. There are 6 episodes and one entire episode is dedicated to the disappearance of the second husband of CB. Entertaining and I would actually watch again just to catch anything I missed the first time around.

How Accurate/Reliable is Info in 'Tiger King' Series?
Quite entertaining. If the headlines don’t grab ya - the first few minutes of the program sure will. I enjoyed watching this - especially knowing it’s based on true story.
@cpeacock1 -- ^Absolutely, it was certainly interesting and provided colorful & informative background info w vid clips of Carole discussing Big Cat Rescue & her husband Don/JDL. Initially, sorting out what‘s relevant to JDL’s disappearance (and what is not relevant, e.g., the story of Joe Exotic ‘Tiger King’ himself and his trials - literally - & tribulations) was a bit confusing to me.
True story? IDK, suspecting parts were factual, others, well, not sure.
While Joe was no shrinking violet re expressing his opinions in the series, imo few of his statements re JDL’s disappearance appeared to have had a factual foundation. Not saying Carole's stmts were 100% honest to goodness factual. As always, we don't know what was snipped and left on the proverbial cutting room floor.
Some info in series is merely repeated from news media and some is
self-reported by Carole, Joe, and others, w no independent third party verification.

W that ^ thought, I've tried to dig in for authentication on some points.

Last edited:
JDL's Disappearance, gen. background/timeline.
Is there a summary to read? I'd like to get the background...not just the short bit from the sheriff. Which, btw, high five to him for jumping on the sudden popularity!
@floridamomma
I've not found much yet, but here's a start re disappearance. Many of the events in T-K series occurred after that.
Jack Donald Lewis (JDL), Missing Man,
1938, April 30. Date of birth, in FL (per Hillsborough County Sheriff Office poster in MSM).
Yr. unknown. At age 17, he married Gladys w whom he had 3 daughters.
Yrs. unk. Reportedly self made millionaire, thru real estate. Per interviews in T-K docu-series.*
19__? 35+ yr(?) marriage to Gladys ended.
19__? JDL met Carole.
1991. JDL, age ~ 53, married Carole (nee Stairs), age ~ 30 (Per wiki re Carole).
1992. They founded animal sanctuary,Tampa FL area, later became Big Cat Rescue. ^ same.

1997, June. JDL “filed for an order of protection against Baskin, alleging that she had threatened to kill him, which Baskin denied. The request was denied. (Per ew.com Mar 24, 2020)
1997, Aug 18. JDL, White male, 5’10’, 170 lbs. was last seen. (Per ^ HCSO poster).
2002. JDL was legally declared dead. (Per wiki re Carole)

Carole
1961, June 6. Date of birth in Texas. Now/Mar 2020, age 58.
19__? Marriage #1 to MM. Age 17 (?). Had dau in 1980.
19__? Divorced from MM.
1991. Marriage #2 to JDL. 1997, he was last seen. 2002, JDL legally declared dead.
Some MSM sources refer to JDL as her "ex-husband" but after declaration of death, technically IIUC, JDL was her "late husband" so she was then a widow.

2004, Nov. Marriage #3 to Howard Baskin (after meeting him in 2002).
^ All from wiki re Carole. Carole Baskin - Wikipedia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Carole refuted ^ this re financials, as well as many other points in the T-K series. See https://bigcatrescue.org/refuting-netflix-tiger-king/

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back