Indiana - Coronavirus COVID-19

IceIce9

Verified EMT
Reaction score
Indiana health department officials say 2,159 Hoosiers have tested positive and 13,373 tests have been conducted.

49 Indiana residents have died as of today, March 31, 2019.

Hi CSIDreamer...following here.

I live in South Suburban Chicagoland,near the state line of Illinois and Indiana. Both states are of importance to me. Yesterday I received an email from Indiana, requesting information regarding me possibly returning to work as an RN. I have been retired for some time, and my health isn't all that good.
This morning I received an alert call (siren) on my phone, and Illinois is begging also for any licensed professionals to return to the field. So unsettling!

I live in South Suburban Chicagoland,near the state line of Illinois and Indiana. Both states are of importance to me. Yesterday I received an email from Indiana, requesting information regarding me possibly returning to work as an RN. I have been retired for some time, and my health isn't all that good.
This morning I received an alert call (siren) on my phone, and Illinois is begging also for any licensed professionals to return to the field. So unsettling!
I received the same letter. Basically a call to arms. I'm not retired. I think they're sending it to all retired and current nurses, NP, midwives. Also they're pushing through nursing students in their final semester. Recipe for disaster as the "learning world" and the "real world" are different entitites.

At the level of alarms I am hearing, they will take anyone with a pulse! I wish I was able to work, but these circumstances frighten me.

At the level of alarms I am hearing, they will take anyone with a pulse! I wish I was able to work, but these circumstances frighten me.
I'm an LPN and most hospitals stopped hiring them because they wanted the magnet status. I see no reason I should go back now. I started out in a hospital setting then went to LTAC. LTAC's then started phasing out LPN's so here we are. They're wanting to reallocate the nurses and disperse them all over the state where needed but as soon as I'm out of quarantine I still have a job to go back to. Plus I think they started sending out these alerts a little late in the game to be able to efficiently disperse people. Why would I leave my job close to home to be doing the same thing farther away.

We're having a lot of negatives because Eli Lilly is testing anyone with a doctor's order. Meanwhile I'm a healthcare worker with mild symptoms and work with elderly but can't get tested...........Self quarantine continues.

I live in Hamilton County Indiana, and received an email from Chicago asking for medics to work in the city.

Stay put where you are! And thank you for your service! I imagine there may be some retired nurses who could return on a limited basis, but I don't understand the relocating thing either!

We're having a lot of negatives because Eli Lilly is testing anyone with a doctor's order. Meanwhile I'm a healthcare worker with mild symptoms and work with elderly but can't get tested...........Self quarantine continues.
One of my good friends is a healthcare worker who worked in the same small office as a coworker who became sick and tested positive for Coronavirus.

My friend had no symptoms but had worked very closely with the coworker. My friend wanted to get tested at Eli Lilly but couldn’t get her doctor or any of the docs she works with to write an order to be tested because she doesn’t have symptoms.

I have heard of some ridiculous monetary offers! Not sure how true though. Everyone be safe!

I live in Johnson County. I think them saying they would disperse the nurses to areas of need really means to COVID units. I'm older but not retirement age yet. I have no desire to risk it all at this stage of the game. I'm working in assisted living and we have a positive resident who I was taking care of and I developed mild symptoms.. No test for me still. We won't know how many have had it without testing so the numbers aren't anywhere near accurate.

I have heard of some ridiculous monetary offers! Not sure how true though. Everyone be safe!
I seem to get offers whenever disaster strikes. After major hurricanes I always get emails offering large daily pay to work.

After the hurricane hit Puerto Rico I received not just emails but phone calls and texts, recruiting medics IIRC $300 per day plus expenses and room and board.

I have no idea how they were able to obtain my email address, let alone my cell number. It’s my private email address, not my work email which is the one I list with my certification.

My
I live in Johnson County. I think them saying they would disperse the nurses to areas of need really means to COVID units. I'm older but not retirement age yet. I have no desire to risk it all at this stage of the game. I'm working in assisted living and we have a positive resident who I was taking care of and I developed mild symptoms.. No test for me still. We won't know how many have had it without testing so the numbers aren't anywhere near accurate.
A friend’s mother is in assisted living in Fishers. They had a resident test positive for COVID last week and the nursing home didn’t even notify the family members that there was a positive case. My friend found our today when she went to pick up her mom’s laundry, which she has been doing every week. They haven’t allowed visitors for three weeks but they did get the laundry bag ready and meet her at the door.

Today, though, she was told she couldn’t pick up the laundry or drop off laundry any longer “due to the resident with confirmed Coronavirus.”

My

A friend’s mother is in assisted living in Fishers. They had a resident test positive for COVID last week and the nursing home didn’t even notify the family members that there was a positive case. My friend found our today when she went to pick up her mom’s laundry, which she has been doing every week. They haven’t allowed visitors for three weeks but they did get the laundry bag ready and meet her at the door.

Today, though, she was told she couldn’t pick up the laundry or drop off laundry any longer “due to the resident with confirmed Coronavirus.”
That's just wrong. Our facility notified every resident's family member by phone. Employees were notified by memo. We've been on lockdown since the 13th but they allowed a resident to LOA with family for his birthday. Guess who tested positive? They were still having communal dining and activities until they tested positive. We didn't have N95 until this past week which was too late for us. Several resident's and staff with mild symptoms including low grade temps. Thankfully no severe cases but that is way too close and requires a significant amount of luck.

That's just wrong. Our facility notified every resident's family member by phone. Employees were notified by memo. We've been on lockdown since the 13th but they allowed a resident to LOA with family for his birthday. Guess who tested positive? They were still having communal dining and activities until they tested positive. We didn't have N95 until this past week which was too late for us. Several resident's and staff with mild symptoms including low grade temps. Thankfully no severe cases but that is way too close and requires a significant amount of luck.
Yes- my friend was really upset. When she asked why she hadn’t been notified she was told “an e-mail was sent out.” She went through all her emails and didn’t find anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back