Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that being asked to buy a jug of vinegar wouldn't raise alarm bells in the Stauch home.

The AA says there was an empty gallon jug of vinegar found. And AS said he thought it had been 1/2 full when he left on Sat. Unbeknownst to him of course more had been bought but apparently he thought buying vinegar by the gallon was not unusual. Some people do use it alot for normal cleaning, especially glass.
JMO

Yeah, bringing home cleaning supplies like vinegar and baking soda would not raise any eyebrows around here. We regularly get gallon jugs of vinegar. I use it for a huge variety of cleaning purposes. Baking soda too. Carpet cleaner - no problem there either, esp. with pets in the house.

I'm not calling HH guilty of anything just yet.
I do think, looking back on things LS asked of her, she has to be pretty sure at this point that the excuses aren't adding up.

I'd bet she has become more cooperative as time has passed. For her sake, I hope so.

Crazily enough, that is how her stepfather died. A link was posted in the last thread. It happened several years ago, but it did happen.

I just reread the affidavit. Everybody is addressing the major parts and I don't have anything to add....but the part where she gives an excuse to her work for missing Monday....because her step father was hit and killed by a car? What?! Is that really what she could come up with? What happened to the good old stomach flu?

IF GS vomited blood, it would have been mixed with gastric contents. That would have been easily detectable by lab tests. If he aspirated blood, it would have had "bubbles" and the AA report notes those were absent in the spatter.

Most internal bleeding doesn't (and can't) result in vomiting. Only bleeding in the stomach can. Or in the case of liver disease discussed in a much earlier thread, burst veins in the esophagus resulting in swallowed blood that is then vomited back up. And when that happens, if the blood spends any time in the stomach, it changes into something that looks like "coffee grounds" because the digestive process has begun.

While nosebleeds LOOK alarming, most aren't and do not result in much loss of blood despite how it may look. (And at higher elevations, nosebleeds are common.)

If GS had suffered blunt force abdominal trauma, his spleen or liver could have been damaged leading to significant internal bleeding into the abdominal cavity. But he couldn't have vomited up that blood. It wouldn't have been inside his GI tract, much less inside his stomach.

JMO

I can only conclude that the bedroom was in fact the scene of the murder.

There was blood soaked through the mattress

There were even stains that were consistent with the shape of the trunk of a body on the mattress per the AA

There was impact splatter on the walls

There was enough blood that it seeped in and around the electrical outlet

There was enough blood that it had pooled and soaked through the carpet, padding and even to the concrete

There was evidence of blood in the garage and on the rear bumper of her Vehicle.

There was a massive amount of blood loss IMO

These were all from high impact external injuries IMO weather that be from a blunt object(likely) or gunshot(probably less likely)

JMO

Whatever happened in that bedroom it was extremely violent and unsurvivable IMO. Keep in mind she was originally charged without a body.

Here is what I matched up per the image on page 29 of the arrest affidavit(shown on the left, google earth on the right). It appears to me that the bloody bd was located very near where Investigators spent multiple days extensively searching near Sierra pines lane.

Court releases full arrest affidavit in Gannon Stauch murder case

I know @Hatfield referenced a different location much further north in the previous thread, but its my belief that the map I am providing is actually the accurate location. JMO

Coordinates
Latitude: 39° 8'31.78"N
Longitude: 104°54'53.31"W

View attachment 241687

This is the map link I think exactly matches the affidavit map on Page #29.

You can even see the smaller bending road above it on both their map and the one I included that connects the lower main road in 2 places and those bends match perfectly to this map.

I cant tell from your picture location where that is. Maybe its the same location.
ETA- Yes, I believe your image to the right that you included is the same location I have here in this map. You can see that little road above that connects in two places has those same loops near the top.

ETAA - I think sometimes depending on the version of Google maps I have and others have, maybe it didnt show exactly what I am seeing. I put a point where I see the particle board was found and wrote down the GPS coordinates which are very close to your image which we can tell matches already. The GPS coordinates I am listing here are very close to yours so I think we are talking about the same spot. Sorry if my link isnt showing it right, but here are the GPS coordinates I am seeing.

39.142171,-104.914846

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
I can only conclude that the bedroom was in fact the scene of the murder.

There was blood soaked through the mattress

There were even stains that were consistent with the shape of the trunk of a body on the mattress per the AA

There was impact splatter on the walls

There was enough blood that it seeped in and around the electrical outlet

There was enough blood that it had pooled and soaked through the carpet, padding and even to the concrete

There was evidence of blood in the garage and on the rear bumper of her Vehicle.

There was a massive amount of blood loss IMO

These were all from high impact external injuries IMO weather that be from a blunt object(likely) or gunshot(probably less likely)

JMO

Whatever happened in that bedroom it was extremely violent and unsurvivable IMO. Keep in mind she was originally charged without a body.

Absolutely. I completely agree. The post of mine you quoted was in response to a person who seemed to wonder if nosebleeds and vomiting might explain the blood.
JMO

Absolutely. I completely agree. The post of mine you quoted was in response to a person who seemed to wonder if nosebleeds and vomiting might explain the blood.
JMO

Yah i was just trying to jump off of your post, wasn't trying to contradict what you were saying. I tend to skim and when something catches my eye I respond sometimes without context. sorry about that

Last edited:
Knox -Magic 8 ball, shows a lot of immaturity. Was she trying to pacify herself? Someone said she was on a step-mom discussion page, if true I would really like to find it!!
As would I.
I have been a step parent for many years.
and my hubby has to my girls.
I have never, ever "googled' anything about step parenting. EVER and neither has hubby.
OMG
But then to actually be on a SM Page about step-moms LMAO
Ok then, LS.. it is all about you as always.
No apologies here. JS

I just reread the affidavit. Everybody is addressing the major parts and I don't have anything to add....but the part where she gives an excuse to her work for missing Monday....because her step father was hit and killed by a car? What?! Is that really what she could come up with? What happened to the good old stomach flu?

I'm going to guess LS had an idea that she was on the chopping block at work and that a regular old sick day wasn't going to cut it. So she came up with something dramatic hoping that might postpone the inevitable.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that being asked to buy a jug of vinegar wouldn't raise alarm bells in the Stauch home.

The AA says there was an empty gallon jug of vinegar found. And AS said he thought it had been 1/2 full when he left on Sat. Unbeknownst to him of course more had been bought but apparently he thought buying vinegar by the gallon was not unusual. Some people do use it alot for normal cleaning, especially glass.
JMO

It all depends. If HH was in two demanding programs (plus a job?) then she would have been ROTC, in high school and in that job. I don't know about your family, but I think asking that same teen to do random shopping errands on a Monday might not be the norm.

Was this the norm? I want to know.

It's weird to me that HH doesn't ask why, mom? I think most kids would, although in authoritarian families, they would not. Kids in those families are scared to ask questions.

"We need some milk and eggs and vinegar and cake mix and baking soda," much more typical - almost no one interrupts their busy kid's day on a Monday to ask for just vinegar and soda and trash bags.

MOO.

This is the map link I think exactly matches the affidavit map on Page #29.

You can even see the smaller bending road above it on both their map and the one I included that connects the lower main road in 2 places and those bends match perfectly to this map.

I cant tell from your picture location where that is. Maybe its the same location.
ETA- Yes, I believe your image to the right that you included is the same location I have here in this map. You can see that little road above that connects in two places has those same loops near the top.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
I believe you are correct for some reason when I clicked the link on the previous thread it took me to a different location. Anyways If anyone is interested Here is the link to @AmandaReckonwith Image gallery that has many photos of the search area at sierra pines lane and along South Perry Park Road. I have used them often to match up searches etc while following this case. Can't thank her enough for the time she puts into compiling all the pics!
Justice For Gannon by amanda reckonwith

So I've seen a couple of people comment that he may have had internal injuries. Does anyone think that maybe he might have thrown up blood? Could that explain the amount of blood saturation through a mattress down to the floor beneath the bed and also splatter on the wall? At some point T mentioned something about him having a lot of nosebleeds. Could this have been an explanation for the blood? Whatever type of injury he had to his head could have suddenly just given way and caused him to bleed out while he was lying there in his bed possibly near death already. So the new charges that were added after he was found in Florida indicate the use of some type of weapons. Perhaps he simply bled out in his bed and perhaps she didn't want his death to be the result of her violent abuse on him. Therefore perhaps she inflicted some type of wound after the fact. Perhaps she did this to make it look as if an abductor did it. She was already mentioning an abduction according to the original affidavit.
If she injured him so gravely on Sunday night, I just say don't understand what her thought process was on Monday. Was she thinking he would hopefully get better? Why would she concoct this runaway plan? Just think about it from the point of view of a person NOT trying to commit a murder. If you use imagine injuring someone without the intention of murdering them, then what do you expect the end result to be? I don't think she expected to have injured him so gravely. So how does she go from realizing what she has done to figuring out how to handle the situation while so obviously and callously not immediately taking him for medical care nearby exposing herself and her actions. So she's in 100% protect T mode. She has absolutely no consideration for the life of this child but only to protect herself and to not get caught. I probably will never understand how someone can go from point a to b and end up becoming a murderer.

Crime scene blood spatter has become quite an exact science.

LE can specify where a body was located, where the perpetrator stood and whether a blunt object, a gun, a knife or all of the above was used to do the murder. They can even tell if the killer paused for a while and then inflicted more damage.

Sadly, we're going to know exactly what this evil woman did and where she did it. LE had her nailed before Gannon's body was found but T is most sincerely sunk now that it was.

It's comforting to know the other women in prison know what she did and killing a child might get in the way of her becoming one of the girls!

Last edited:
Now that we know where the particle board was found, do we know if she had any previous ties to that area or had hiked around there or something?

Im trying to figure out if she had any connection to that area.

Maybe it was just a random place she found that looked wooded enough to her.

Crime scene blood spatter has become quite an exact science.

LE can specify where a body was located and whether a blunt object, a gun, a knife or all of the above was used to do the murder. They can even tell if the killer paused for a while and then inflicted more damage.

Sadly, we're going to know exactly what this evil woman did and where she did it. LE had her nailed before Gannon's body was found but T is most sincerely sunk.

It's comforting to know the other women in prison know what she did and life can't be too comfy for a child killer.
BBM- I sure hope so.
I don't know how others treat women child killers but I hope they are giving her a ton of $hit in there.

The AA mentions that GS texted AS and asked if he could play Zelda, to which AS replied No ( can't remember exact wording) I believe this was during the first trip to Petco..

I'm wondering if the Zelda ban was punishment for the carpet?

Maybe Gannon was upset about not being able to play...LS was already upset about her family situation, the carpet/ candle , etc...if GS was giving her a hard time about playing the Switch, combined with her instability/ evilness/ unhappiness, maybe this was enough for her to rage and attack him. Then when reality set in that she was going to jail and left by AS for injuring him, she figured she had to lethally shoot him to cover it all up.

I'm also thinking that she wasn't physically abusing Gannon before the carpet incident. It appears to me that he was very close to AS. I'm sure there would have been outward signs...probably tons of verbal abuse though Big time MOO!

...I read through the AA while at work. Did it say she had his body in her Tiguan until she first dumped him? If she parked the car at the airport when she got the rental , does the timeline suggest that his body was in there then?

Also, when AS said "she lied" after watching the neighbors video, had she already told him she was raped? I'm wondering when AS was first told this lie....

Regarding HH not cooperating. that has to be a tough position for any child ( 17 is still very young)
If fear of LS held her back from cooperating, maybe she has relented now that LS is locked up.

Thank God I never had to make a decision like that at any
Age, especially 17...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads