Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBM... oops accidentally copied my text here
Ha! I remember someone accidentally posted their FedEx tracking number once.

The entire thread devolved into figuring out what the numbers meant, when the package would arrive, the significance of the package to the case, what was in the package, and where that item could be purchased cheaply.

I think there was also a debate as to if the weather would delay said package.

Amazingly, it got heated.

Ha! I remember someone accidentally posted their FedEx tracking number once.

The entire thread devolved into figuring out what the numbers meant, when the package would arrive, the significance of the package to the case, what was in the package, and where that item could be purchased cheaply.

I think there was also a debate as to if the weather would delay said package.

Amazingly, it got heated.

:p:p:p That’s hilarious...I needed a good laugh!

It may have originally been in the truck bed and then moved to the SUV. She may have transported his body in suitcase back from 4 hour trip on it, thus no blood in truck except on wooden board. But then the blood on walls and bed would have had to come from projectile vomiting or squirting of blood from somewhere. However, someone on here pointed out that blood from the stomach would also have gastric bubbles. It’s just so hard to believe she would risk shooting him in his own bed especially after 2 pm. And what would he be doing in bed at 2 pm or later? I think it’s very telling they have no video proof he came back with her that day, at least in a standing position. She could have backed truck up into driveway and took suitcase out of truck straight into garage, off camera. Left it there and then moved it to SUV.
bbm
Hmmm...
Thinking the AA changes the way this murder occurred...but then your suggestion could work.
That would mean he was injured terribly at home but able (barely) to walk.
Dies somewhere or she shoots him outside of the town, puts him in the suitcase and places it in the bed of the truck and so no blood evidence.
I'm hampered by the amount of blood in his room, though.
Didn't seem survivable.

I'm confused about the job. I thought she was told on Friday not to come in for orientation on Monday.

I also thought she had a teaching position, but according to the affidavit she was a teacher's assistant.

Imo

Stauch previously worked for Widefield School District in southern El Paso County, district spokeswoman Samantha Briggs said. Stauch, who received her Colorado teaching license in March 2019, was a substitute teacher in the district during the spring semester of 2019. She was then hired at French Elementary, where she taught from August until November, when she resigned.

Briggs said Widefield School District has notified parents of Stauch’s employment with there.

Stauch was participating in three days of orientation at Mountain Ridge Middle School, in the Briargate neighborhood of Colorado Springs, when she was fired on Jan. 24, just three days before Gannon Stauch, 11, went missing.

Stauch worked at the district from just from Jan. 22 to 24.
D20: Letecia Stauch dismissed from potential job due to background check issues

Actually, in CO when selling a house there’s no legal duty to disclose if a violent event happened in a house:

C.R.S. § 38-35.5-101 creates an exception to the general rule of disclosure identified for both seller’s agents and transaction-brokers, in that it provides for nondisclosure of information that is psychologically impacting or stigmatizing. This statutory exception reads as follows:

(1) Facts or suspicions regarding circumstances occurring on a parcel of property which could psychologically impact or stigmatize such property are not material facts subject to a disclosure requirement in a real estate transaction. Such facts or suspicions include, but are not limited to, the following:

(a) That an occupant of real property is, or was at any time suspected to be, infected or has been infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or diagnosed with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other disease which has been determined by medical evidence to be highly unlikely to be transmitted through the occupancy of a dwelling place; or

(b) That the property was the site of a homicide or other felony or of a suicide.

(2) No cause of action shall arise against a real estate broker or salesperson for failing to disclose such circumstance occurring on the property which might psychologically impact or stigmatize such property.

C.R.S. § 38-35.5-101.

In fact, the listing agent can get in trouble w/the CO Real Estate Commission if they mention it without the owner’s permission:

C.R.S. § 12-61-804(3)(a). Likewise, Colorado transaction-brokers also must disclose adverse material facts actually known by the broker but must first obtain the seller’s consent before disclosing “(e) Any facts or suspicions regarding circumstances which may psychologically impact or stigmatize any real property pursuant to section 38-35.5-101, C.R.S.;…”. C.R.S. § 12-61-807(2)(b)(VII) & (3)(e).

Most agents are going to encourage their seller to let them disclose the information for a variety of reasons, including the likelihood an uninformed Buyer would get mad and decide to back out of the contract if they find out about the murder after the fact (In CO, Buyers have almost all of the power, w/many opportunities to back out of a contract to buy and still get their earnest money back). But if the owner insists their agent not disclose the house’s violent history, the agent has to stay silent. Or if they haven’t already signed a listing contract, they can decline the listing.

Psychologically Impacted Property and Disclosure

Thank you for supplying the legal wording on that. Its very interesting and surprising to me. I had always assumed that murder would be one of those things that sellers/renters would have to disclose to a potential buyer/renter.

It may have originally been in the truck bed and then moved to the SUV. She may have transported his body in suitcase back from 4 hour trip on it, thus no blood in truck except on wooden board. But then the blood on walls and bed would have had to come from projectile vomiting or squirting of blood from somewhere. However, someone on here pointed out that blood from the stomach would also have gastric bubbles. It’s just so hard to believe she would risk shooting him in his own bed especially after 2 pm. And what would he be doing in bed at 2 pm or later? I think it’s very telling they have no video proof he came back with her that day, at least in a standing position. She could have backed truck up into driveway and took suitcase out of truck straight into garage, off camera. Left it there and then moved it to SUV.
Was the particle board initially on the garage floor to protect against oil stains? Before L got home, LS brought Gannon’s body down to the garage, set his body on the particle board. Got the suitcase out, loaded him in it, then into the back of the vehicle. She used the particle board under the suitcase to protect her SUV and to discard the bloody evidence, but when she lifted it, some blood dripped off — on to the concrete floor where it was later found by investigators. JMO

Having read the AA, I think Gannon DID return home and was killed in his bed on Monday.

Something happened on Sunday; but nothing that would leave blood in the truck (even with Gannon riding in it for hours). Maybe she punched him Sunday night — when she “just freaked out” — and he developed a visible black eye, or a head bump... something nobody could find out about.

She made sure he was hidden away from his sister in the am because he had visible (non-bloody) injuries.

Maybe she purposely left her phone at home, heavily drugged Gannon, then drove around waiting for him to die of overdose. Used that time to scope out a dump site.

But she misjudged the dosage... time was passing and he was still alive hours later as she looked anxiously out the window at Petco. With his injuries, he HAD to be out of sight before L got home, and she couldn’t do it anywhere that might have cameras or witnesses. If she was going to do it violently, she wanted privacy. At this point her “neat” plan had to be abandoned and things got messy. Kinda like when she changed to the rape story. Or moved the body 1400 miles away from its initial dump site. Her “plan B”s are not nearly as well thought out as her initial plans... chaotic, in fact.

So she brought him home, laid him in his bed still drugged (I hope), and bludgeoned or stabbed him there. JMO

RIP Gannon.

I like your theory, but no one saw him get out of the truck. If he was so drugged out, or even just physiologically compromised somehow, it would have been a big production getting him out and walking him in. And wouldn’t he be on the same side of the truck he got into. He wasn’t in Petco so I doubt he exited truck during 4 hour trip. The only way I can see him coming home with her is dead in a suitcase on the wooden board in truck bed. And remember, when she drove out of the driveway at 10 am there was a dark, empty suitcase-looking thing bouncing around in the bed of truck.

Ignoring the premeditated murder charges that were filed after his body was found, I continue to believe this was premeditated.

The fact that her phone was left at home when they went out on that little shopping trip, is something that I cannot get past.

I’m also bothered by that photo of him sleeping that morning, as that strikes me as a weird thing to do.

So I do think premeditation was there, although I’m not sure she initially planned to murder him the way that she did.
That is suspicious. On the other hand, Gannon apparently had his with him. So I'm not sure what leaving hers at home was supposed to accomplish.

Anyone wonder in the backward interview when HH says "what do you want me to say?" If she was wondering:
Do you you want me to tell them about the "cleaning" products & trash bags you asked me to buy for you the afternoon Gannon disappeared? OR
Vouch that you spent hours cleaning our house the afternoon & evening Gannon disappeared? OR
That you decided to suddenly rearrange the furniture in Gannon's room after he disappeared? OR
That you asked me to pick you up in a random spot when you had your own car to drive?

Hmm, lots of possibilities of what she might have wondered as to what completely ridiculous story or action of her mother that she was supposed to talk about! o_Oo_O

I really wanted to think that she had no knowledge/involvement in this, but........
MOO IMO

Thank you for supplying the legal wording on that. Its very interesting and surprising to me. I had always assumed that murder would be one of those things that sellers/renters would have to disclose to a potential buyer/renter.

When I was a kid we moved to a new state and one of the homes my parents were debating on buying ended up being a murder house. I remember the home because it was before internet and the realtor mailed a fancy picture portfolio of three homes - this one was my favorite. Somehow my dad tracked down that the address was related to this grisly murder that made national news.

My parents were pretty annoyed at the realtor not disclosing that, but he wasn't legally obligated to.

I like your theory, but no one saw him get out of the truck. If he was so drugged out, or even just physiologically compromised somehow, it would have been a big production getting him out and walking him in. And wouldn’t he be on the same side of the truck he got into. He wasn’t in Petco so I doubt he exited truck during 4 hour trip. The only way I can see him coming home with her is dead in a suitcase on the wooden board in truck bed. And remember, when she drove out of the driveway at 10 am there was a dark, empty suitcase-looking thing bouncing around in the bed of truck.
You may be onto something there. What if she loaded him into the suitcase, drugged up, thinking all evidence would be contained? But when she checked after 2nd Petco he was still alive. So maybe nobody saw him get out of the truck because he was in the suitcase, but alive. That would explain why nobody sees him but LE are sure he DID return and was killed in the 30 min after returning. She’d have to be a desperate idiot to then bludgeon him in his bed (ETA: and return him to the suitcase later), but... she is one. JMO

It’s also possible we don’t see him get out of the truck because she transferred him to the truck bed while unconscious and backed in, then carried him out — so nobody would see him all laid out... and suitcase wasn’t used til later.

Last edited:
Sure, all true. I was just looking at her as a much more innocent victim prior to the AA being released. Not saying she's guilty of anything, but I'm disappointed in the details now that we can fill in some gaps. Hopefully she makes some better decisions in the future.

She probably figured she didn’t have any choice. Her mother told her to do something, so she did it. A lot of people stay loyal to their parents til the day they die. Hopefully she’s not too far gone from T’s influence, and hopefully she will have some support on her own. Maybe she’ll write a book.

He was 41, she was 26 then, I think. Maybe she was hinting. Maybe she wanted us all to know.

Im starting to think a lot of things she blamed others for were mostly done by her.

JMO
Just speculating.
What if she burned the carpet and went out and was desparate to get it fixed so she offered a sex escapade to "Eguardo" if he would fix her carpet. She uses Gannons room with Eguardo (if he exists) to avoid using AS normal bed. Then Gannon catches her in the act and she goes into a rage and throws him across the room for the first injury.

Now she knows he is both injured and will also narc on her to AS about her sexual escapade. So she begins to plan his demise.

I dont know but Im really getting the feeling that a lot of what she is throwing in her stories are bits of truth that she herself may be part of. What a piece of work. Its mind boggling.

Last edited:
Was the particle board initially on the garage floor to protect against oil stains? Before L got home, LS brought Gannon’s body down to the garage, set his body on the particle board. Got the suitcase out, loaded him in it, then into the back of the vehicle. She used the particle board under the suitcase to protect her SUV and to discard the bloody evidence, but when she lifted it, some blood dripped off — on to the concrete floor where it was later found by investigators. JMO

Makes you wonder how on earth did she haul a 90+ lb dead body up stairs from the basement, if she did in fact kill him in house. I mean the only way she would have moved him is in suitcase, especially without dripping blood all over house. But rolling a suitcase downstairs is 1000x easier than up. Maybe she had help. .... Enter ”Eguardo.”

When she Tsplains, she doesn’t even use the most obvious lies, nor the ones likely to soothe someone into believing her. It’s psychopathic, like she doesn’t understand human emotion. How dare she tell AS that Gannon was violently raped to try and save her own skin. Sick, sick, sick. And then excuse herself by saying “ I only lied because he wasn’t believing anything I said.” That makes me so angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa