Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bolding my own post. I knew I needed to suspect this locking and unlocking of the phone!!!!

I know that I am way further behind on the affidavit than others, so I'm just catching on now to certain paragraphs.

#36 states: " Leticia's telephone was locked at about 9:56 a.m. on January 27th and unlocked at 2:45 p.m. on the same day. The timing of the unlocking of the device is significant as compared to her departure and arrival to and from the residence, and should be noted by the Court. Particularly, Leticia did not open her phone for approximately 30 minutes after she arrived back to the residence.

(I know that it says approximately, when you divide out the time it looks like about 23 minutes.)

Again if you're leaving with Gannon why would you lock your phone? Your daughter's at work your stepdaughters at school there's nobody else in the house. Why would you feel it necessary to deliberately lock your phone????
Locking features allow a phone to lock after so many minutes, mine is set to lock after idling 5 minutes.

Does ADT prove that TWO people were in the house from 2:45-3:15? I didn’t see that. And if it did the person who wrote the AA would have said they know “for certain” that G came home with her that day. She said they only “assume” he did because of blood spatter pattern and amount. I was wondering what ADT has to say for itself during those critical 45 mins.
Edited to clarify
I think the key word in @MassGuy post is “coupled” with the ADT information. When you put all the evidence together it paints a pretty damning picture imo.

Last edited:
I also want to add, for every single person who got on this Gannon thread and claimed that a cell phone was left at Petco, and I argued it and argued it. I'm very sorry.

After reading # 39 I have no doubt in my mind she left GS"s phone there hidden for 2 hours exactly from 11:22 a.m. to 1:22 p.m.

She even missed a text at 12:06 p.m. from AS to GS. The message was unanswered until 1:21 p.m. this tells me if she checked out at 1:22 with her second purchase receipt, then she probably texted back AS while she was waiting in line at Petco.[/QUOTE
DBM

How do I do NSFW or spoiler? Do not click on this link if you don't want to see blood spatter (not meant specifically for you, MassGuy, of course):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...3OwFJ4bId0fqllISkJ2yC9CH1bKhbzcPE1upUB-w-snhA

I got lots more. I do think there should have been a bigger concentration near the head of the bed - but I think that may involve using different forensic markers, since LS obviously wiped it down.

Wipe down marks need to be studied and marked separately (sometimes using two different or three different chemicals - I think they mention that in the AA):

(Do not look if squeamish - here's a wipe stain:)

https://www.ifscolorado.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20-Wipe-pattern-300x204.jpg

Without cleaning, we would expect a gunshot wound to the head, next to a wall, to look something like this:

(WARNING: more blood!)

https://listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/iStock-157286442.jpg

Having posted all that, and having fake blood in my lab and having had lots of fun with students pretending to be stabbed, which is easier to stage with stage knives than guns are - no way the college allows undergrads to have pretend guns)...and knowing some experts who testify in court on these matters...

Even the experts (especially when honest, when they are talking behind the scenes) say it's hard to interpret. This is a bit like that "owl did it" case back east.

The blood spatter in that case was easier to interpret, in some ways.

It's a fairly large pattern of scattered blood. I went with "not bludgeoning" because she would have had to have superhuman strength to do that and the mattress would have absorbed so much of the blow.

Just like everything else about this case, I bet the forensic experts will be able to replicate the pattern - but not on their first few attempts.

Too symmetrical to be stabbing with cast-off from the hand/blade (all kinds of other things say it's not stabbing - but in this case, she's so weird, it's hard to know for sure).

If stabbing (in the head), then she's way more psychotic IMO than she appears from all her other actions.

Hopefully Gannon will be a witness to his murder and provide the answer.

Last edited:
Hopefully Gannon will be a witness to his murder and provide the answer.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Gannons body held a treasure trove of evidence of T’s evil deeds. They had her dead to rights without his body, but Gannons body will help tell the complete story and give his family the answers that they deserve.

IDK. It seems that if the violent act in his bedroom occurred before the trip, it would have been difficult to prevent blood evidence in the truck? None was found, right?
Good point.

As one of our other posters said Sunday night GS could have been mortally wounded. Could that have splattered blood, drained blood from him? Could he had vomitted blood? I just don't know.....

Last edited:
I googled him and he was in the COS news just a few days before she passed that onto AS. But she would have been in SC by that time so I have to assume she was actively searching something based on what SM was chatting about and found his name.

Yeah in her google search list that night before he died she searched Colorado Sheriff’s Office. Maybe that’s why.

Does ADT prove that TWO people were in the house from 2:45-3:15? I didn’t see that. And if it did the person who wrote the AA would have said they know “for certain” that G came home with her that day. She said they only “assume” he did because of blood spatter pattern and amount. I was wondering what ADT has to say for itself during those critical 45 mins.
I want to believe that it is just cut and dried.

But again I'm stumbling over the time element. RD not seeing GS get out of that truck, and Jessica herself could not claim that she did or did not see another person get out of that truck. Although she did end up submitting that it was likely he did.

She said likely because that bedroom shoulders responsibilities of being a crime scene.

I want to believe that it is just cut and dried.

But again I'm stumbling over the time element. RD not seeing GS get out of that truck, and Jessica herself could not claim that she did or did not see another person get out of that truck. Although she did end up submitting that it was likely he did.

She said likely because that bedroom shoulders responsibilities of being a crime scene.
I think since video evidence shows Gannon getting into the truck that morning, and the lack of any blood in the truck (however there is blood in the SUV), you have to assume he was killed after arriving home.

Someone said earlier Why didn't law enforcement search the her vehicle. # 51 says that LS provided verbal consent for deputies to search the house for Gannon. But as someone else said I would imagine just leaning over the back of the VW and looking in and just seeing a possible suitcase back there, they have no reason to open the suitcase.

Last edited:
I am bolding my own post. I knew I needed to suspect this locking and unlocking of the phone!!!!

I know that I am way further behind on the affidavit than others, so I'm just catching on now to certain paragraphs.

#36 states: " Leticia's telephone was locked at about 9:56 a.m. on January 27th and unlocked at 2:45 p.m. on the same day. The timing of the unlocking of the device is significant as compared to her departure and arrival to and from the residence, and should be noted by the Court. Particularly, Leticia did not open her phone for approximately 30 minutes after she arrived back to the residence.

(I know that it says approximately, when you divide out the time it looks like about 23 minutes.)

Again if you're leaving with Gannon why would you lock your phone? Your daughter's at work your stepdaughters at school there's nobody else in the house. Why would you feel it necessary to deliberately lock your phone????
She may have just turned the phone off before she left and it locked automatically.

I wonder if she actually did take her phone with her and then later lied about forgetting it so it wouldn't look obvious that she turned it off.

Either way, I can't figure out why she didn't turn it back on right away. Did she kill him during those 30 minutes, then suddenly stop to turn it back on before she went back to cleaning and covering up the crime before L got home from school?

If I remember correctly, there was a lot of movement detected both on the main floor and the basement level during that time.

Then I think it was after L got home that the back door opened and closed ten times. Maybe that's when she was cleaning up and then carried the body out to the garage?

Imo

The AA makes me even more confused as to why she was not arrested sooner and/or tailed. Her story was insane and easily proved false. They established he was killed in the house and not killed by an intruder and she was acting guilty AF. It seems like they had all the probable cause needed before she left the state with Gannon's body and long before they finally issued a warrant. Can someone explain?

I spent soooo much time pondering LS 's behavior, but one doesn't need to have cognitive or mental disabilities to be evil...

If we get into the minutiae of her psychological problems, one could
diagnosis her with a multitude of disorders at various points of her life.

She's got mommy issues. She's got daddy issues. She hates herself. She loves herself. She grew up in a poor southern community, with both the pride and stigma of being a Native American, belonging to a tribe that has struggled to prove themselves even to other Native Tribes. She wanted to be more than a poor, uneducated woman, but didn't have the tool-set to do so... and on and on and on

Lots of people have these problems and more with actual, cripple mental disorders . They don't go out and kill children.

Her "disorder" - She's just a piece of trash. It's really that simple.

P.O.T. disorder!

If she did use a gun in the basement I would be shocked if it was traceable. Well, not shocked but surprised. I’m sure she knows how to obtain an illegal firearm.
In light of the assortment of dumb things T did, would you be surprised if she was wearing the gun in an Annie Oakley holster on her hip? (Planted there by Eguardo, of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn