Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19

".... Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Cardillo is the CEO of Mend Urgent Care, which has locations in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and Burbank.

He said he has found it only works if combined with zinc. The drug, he said, opens a channel for the zinc to enter the cell and block virus replication. ...."

UW model predicts COVID-19 deaths in Washington state will decline after today

“SEATTLE -- New data from a health research center at the University of Washington suggests that COVID-19 deaths in Washington state will peak again today (April 6) and continue going down for the foreseeable future.”

[...]

“The revised forecasts reflect "a massive infusion of new data" from New York, Massachusetts Georgia, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Florida and California, Murray said.

They're also based on a very crucial contingent: that strict social distancing measures continue.

"As we noted previously, the trajectory of the pandemic will change – and dramatically for the worse – if people ease up on social distancing or relax with other precautions. Our projections are strengthened by the new downturns in more regions. This is evidence that social distancing is crucial. Our forecasts assume that social distancing remains in place until the end of May," Murray said.

"If social distancing measures are relaxed or not implemented, the US will see greater death tolls, the death peak will be later, the burden on hospitals will be much greater, and the economic costs will continue to grow," he continued.”

My life is valuable, I have a PHD, I’m the CEO of a small charity supporting others with my condition and I volunteer for NHS England.

And I have a husband and a loving family. I don’t want to die.

Why are doctors being told to let us die in hospital - we're all being betrayed

No one should have to try to justify their existence and right to care in a U.S. hospital. Whatever your age, disability or pre-existing condition or whether or not you have a family to take care of you when you leave the hospital. MSOO (my strong opinion only)

Last edited by a moderator:
Virus Toll in N.Y. Shows Signs of Leveling Off: Live Updates

“Governor Cuomo said the spread of the virus in New York could be near its apex, but he emphasized that the state still faced a crisis.

Gov. Philip D. Murphy of New Jersey said that 86 more people in the state had died, but that efforts to curb the virus’s spread appeared to be working.”

“The number of daily coronavirus deaths in New York has now been “effectively flat for two days," Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced, in a sign that the pandemic may be starting to ease its grasp on America’s hardest-hit state.“

[...]

“While none of this is good news, the possible flattening of the curve is better than the increases that we have seen,” Cuomo said.

The number of hospitalizations – and admissions into intensive care units – have also hit their lowest points in more than two weeks. But Cuomo is warning things could still change and there is a “real danger in getting overconfident too quickly.”

“This is an enemy that we have underestimated from day one and we have paid the price dearly,” Cuomo said. “‘Well the numbers look like they may be turning, yay it’s over’ -- no it’s not.

“And other places have made that mistake,” he continued, naming Hong Kong and South Korea.”

New York coronavirus deaths have been ‘effectively flat’ for 2 days, Cuomo says

Feeling Stressed, Confined, Yet Grateful? Here’s Who to Thank - News & Guts Media

Most Americans who find themselves restricted to home in this stressful time, fighting boredom and worry, also feel grateful toward the medical professionals battling the Covid-19 pandemic. And those dedicated people deserve every bit of that gratitude.

But there are many, many others also out there, doing their jobs, literally risking their lives for all the rest of us, fighting to maintain a semblance of our society and culture.

So here’s a list (in alphabetical order) of those we should thank – and, if possible, say it aloud, with a salute or a wave or even a bow to acknowledge their work:

LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19

".... Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Cardillo is the CEO of Mend Urgent Care, which has locations in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and Burbank.

He said he has found it only works if combined with zinc. The drug, he said, opens a channel for the zinc to enter the cell and block virus replication. ...."

there is a doctor in New York using hydroxychloroquine with Doxycycline and getting some good results, though some patients on this combo still died---lots of ecperimentation under dire circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502