Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've hit the nail on the head of something that has bothered me since I first saw that footage: Why is the garage door open?
This footage is from the one who arrived first: Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix on Facebook Watch
This footage is from the one who arrived second but 'interviewed' Alex:

The garage door is clearly open in both videos. Early morning. Gated community. In the second link, we see LEO approach the community in his cruiser. We pass numerous homes in the area with visible garages, all closed. But, this house, where a man has been killed, and another man mentions always carrying his gun. This house wherein a young woman claims she has a bat for her protection to feel safe. This house has the garage door open on this July morning. As the garage is open in the footage, we can get a better picture of the vehicles inside (or lack thereof). Alex's truck is parked in the driveway. Lori's Infiniti QX80 in the left side of the garage, no vehicle visible in the right side. Why is the door open?

MOO: There may be a keypad for the garage outside. We know from the subsequent police report, Tylee is reported to have entered the home through the garage to get items from Lori's room before they left to take JJ to school. If she used the external keypad to enter, and quickly left in the rental with Lori, there wouldn't be a way to close the garage (remote opener/closer). Why would Lori take the rental? It could have been sitting in the driveway where Charles left it and would have been in the way. She knew he wouldn't need it and it would have been tedious and time-consuming to move it to get her own vehicle out. If the door had been closed, we would not know which vehicles were/weren't present.

The question remains, where was her Jeep on the morning of July 11, 2019? I had at one point thought that the door being open indicated that Tylee removed the Jeep and drove it somewhere to meet up with Lori in the rental for some purpose. Alex's truck would have had to have been moved and replaced as there's no way to get a Jeep past it if parked in the right side of the garage. But that doesn't make as much sense as Tylee's reported re-entry of the home via garage.

Where was Tylee's Jeep?
That second video is so weird, and interesting. Alex did not say “no big deal” but sounded like he could have at any point! “Oh yeah, last time I saw him was at my house” (he states brightly). Also, neither Lori nor Tylee appears particularly shocked or distressed. The neighbor and the police appear most anxious. And what is that weird pressured air sound I hear periodically?

Every time I watch this video it becomes more and disturbing! I feel like the officer help lead Alex what to say. Yet he states to his partner not to go inside just yet because it is a crime scene. So why the hell did an officer clean up the blood under Charles body and on the sink. Omg the questions are endless! It is sick!! I hope Arizona PD is being looked into!! This is so pathetic!!
That second video is so weird, and interesting. Alex did not say “no big deal” but sounded like he could have at any point! “Oh yeah, last time I saw him was at my house” (he states brightly). Also, neither Lori nor Tylee appears particularly shocked or distressed. The neighbor and the police appear most anxious. And what is that weird pressured air sound I hear periodically?

As time has gone by, new charges are seeming more imminent. This would change how a bonding company looks at things. Sure, I'll post your bond because you're going to have new charges and the minute I post, it's likely you'll have a holder placed on you for the new charges, so you just blew your money and now you have to get a new bond for the new charges. If the attorney knows what he is doing, he's trying to force the new charges with the bond hearing. He knows she's either getting a chance to get out on his motion, OR, they better get their charges filed. All just IMO. Would like to hear your opinion AZlawyer?

[...]

“I have reached out to (Bonneville County Prosecuting Attorney) Danny Clark, and he has told me that he cannot take over the Daybell case,” Murdoch wrote. “I also have reached out to Jan Bennetts, Ada County prosecuting attorney, and requested her office take over the case. She has told me she is not able to take the case because of their lack of resources.”

"Murdoch asks the AG to take over because her office “does not have the resources or the experience to handle the case.” It appears the attorney general had denied an earlier request to take the case, and Murdoch asks Zahn to reconsider.

more to read at link - cut to 10% per copyright rules

Fremont prosecutor asked others to help in Daybell case before going to AG | East Idaho News

Nate Eaton - Reporter
11 hrs ·
In her letter, Murdoch states that if the AG doesn’t have the resources, both offices could approach the U.S. Attorney’s Office for help.
What does all this mean? I thought the ag got.it because murder charges are coming soon and could work it much better than the county prosecutors office, know it seems county was trying to dump the case on anybody else, and when that didn't work out the ag took it after another request.did I get that right, and if this is how it went down this is one big cluster .........

What does all this mean? I thought the ag got.it because murder charges are coming soon and could work it much better than the county prosecutors office, know it seems county was trying to dump the case on anybody else, and when that didn't work out the ag took it after another request.did I get that right, and if this is how it went down this is one big cluster .........
Well they are still footing the bill for the case, minus the AG salaries, so I don't think it's purely down to financial constraints, I think it's a combination of factors, and I think going to two other counties was probably procedural as a basis for the AG to justify taking it. So I think they recognized that they needed help in terms of leadership, strategy and experience, given that it is so technically convoluted with crimes in other jurisdictions, and new eyes on it to make sure that what they have is as strong as they think it is. I'm guessing the autopsy hasn't yielded the answers, so it's going to be a lot of circumstantial evidence.

Just a lot of guesses from me :D

Well they are still footing the bill for the case, minus the AG salaries, so I don't think it's purely down to financial constraints, I think it's a combination of factors, and I think going to two other counties was probably procedural as a basis for the AG to justify taking it. So I think they recognized that they needed help in terms of leadership, strategy and experience, given that it is so technically convoluted with crimes in other jurisdictions, and new eyes on it to make sure that what they have is as strong as they think it is. I'm guessing the autopsy hasn't yielded the answers, so it's going to be a lot of circumstantial evidence.

You are probably right, however the longer this goes on one has to wonder what they really do have. I hope to God your wrong about the autopsy's I can't believe they did not yield any information that they could use.We as a public are anxious for something to happen with all of this, realizing this is a most complicated case, just seems like progress is sooooo slow and getting correct facts are like pulling teeth.

READ: Fremont County Prosecutor's request to AG for help with Daybell case | East Idaho News

page-1-marcia.jpg

page-2-marcia.jpg

Last edited:

I agree on the procedural need to escalate.
Population of Fremont County is less than little ol' Rexburg.
Fremont County, Idaho - Wikipedia
Rexburg, Idaho - Wikipedia
We already know that the FBI were involved on Jan 3rd, and they've included both the Salt Lake office FBI and potentially the Pocatello Idaho regional office.
The letter indicating they asked Bonneville County (seat: Idaho Falls; Bonneville is a much larger county: Bonneville County, Idaho - Wikipedia) and Ada County (seat: Boise; Ada is the largest county in Idaho by population: Ada County, Idaho - Wikipedia). Both would have had more experience with what appears to be conspiracy to commit attempted murder and/or murder. The circumstantial evidence (new residents tied to murder investigation in AZ) throws the case into a federal criminal case. There may be other reasons as well.

Some Chad and Lori supporters may allege that asking the AG shows the county hasn't found anything and is throwing a last ultra desperate hail Mary pass to salvage something of the case. I think it shows just the opposite. I think it shows that instead of rushing forward with what the county has in front of them just to fail in the courts and then lose to double jeopardy, they have the prudence and foresight to escalate this to an appropriate level of experience and jurisdiction.

We already know that the FBI were involved on Jan 3rd, and they've included both the Salt Lake office FBI and potentially the Pocatello Idaho regional office.
The letter indicating they asked Bonneville County (seat: Idaho Falls; Bonneville is a much larger county: Bonneville County, Idaho - Wikipedia) and Ada County (seat: Boise; Ada is the largest county in Idaho by population: Ada County, Idaho - Wikipedia). Both would have had more experience with what appears to be conspiracy to commit attempted murder and/or murder. The circumstantial evidence (new residents tied to murder investigation in AZ) throws the case into a federal criminal case. There may be other reasons as well.

Some Chad and Lori supporters may allege that asking the AG shows the county hasn't found anything and is throwing a last ultra desperate hail Mary pass to salvage something of the case. I think it shows just the opposite. I think it shows that instead of rushing forward with what the county has in front of them just to fail in the courts and then lose to double jeopardy, they have the prudence and foresight to escalate this to an appropriate level of experience and jurisdiction.
Exactly, The Daybells and Means should be very, very concerned. Means is googling up how to defend murder charges and what he should charge, as we speak. It's a tall order for his level of law experience, but maybe he is eager to give it a go. I won't be surprised if he is let go as soon as Chad gets his jewelry.

[...]

“I have reached out to (Bonneville County Prosecuting Attorney) Danny Clark, and he has told me that he cannot take over the Daybell case,” Murdoch wrote. “I also have reached out to Jan Bennetts, Ada County prosecuting attorney, and requested her office take over the case. She has told me she is not able to take the case because of their lack of resources.”

"Murdoch asks the AG to take over because her office “does not have the resources or the experience to handle the case.” It appears the attorney general had denied an earlier request to take the case, and Murdoch asks Zahn to reconsider.

more to read at link - cut to 10% per copyright rules

Fremont prosecutor asked others to help in Daybell case before going to AG | East Idaho News

The Fremont County Prosecutor does not have the experience for this case and we can be certain they don’t have the additional investigative bandwidth that is needed in an ongoing trial. Marcia Murdoch sworn in as Fremont County prosecutor.

I appreciate that Ms. Murdoch recognizes that this case is beyond the scope of her office as well as the same self-awareness of other ID Prosecutors. I don’t understand why the IDAG initially seemed to have turned down her initial requests for assistance. The IDAG seems experienced, and should have clearly seen that Fremont can’t handle a case of this magnitude. Frankly, this case is so complex that even the US Attorney would be challenged. There is no room for hubris or turf wars here. LE needs to join forces as one and throw everything possible at these conniving charlatans. Hopefully, they will. Maybe the US Attorney will file federal conspiracy charges on top of the ID charges.

How have other cases been handled where murders, attempted murders and conspiracies have been committed in different states by multiple individuals?

Presumably the defendants don't have lots of trials and there has to be a collaborative effort to prosecute. I'm a bit surprised that Idaho is stepping out alone tbh.

(snipped) Means is googling up how to defend murder charges and what he should charge, as we speak. It's a tall order for his level of law experience, but maybe he is eager to give it a go.

Indeed it is a tall order. His filings, website and public documents are poorly written and riddled with typos and grammatical errors. Truly embarrassing, IMO. Plus, he's already made one unforced error (failing to notify prosecutor of filing). WAY over his head...

Love this guy, he has a refreshing take on things. Thanks, Tortoise.

The segment on LV & CD starts at 1:20, ends at 3:40, and goes over the AG involvement... not a peep from CD... waiting for the tell if LV will remain the love of his life. <cue Jeopardy music>

The piece about snitches (from 9:00 to 11:11) is kind of epic. :)
eta: "This is what we call a teachable moment."

Love this guy, he has a refreshing take on things. Thanks, Tortoise.

The segment on LV & CD starts at 1:20, ends at 3:40, and goes over the AG involvement... not a peep from CD... waiting for the tell if LV will remain the love of his life. <cue Jeopardy music>

The piece about snitches (from 9:00 to 11:11) is kind of epic. :)
eta: "This is what we call a teachable moment."
Yeah, he's pretty good! Better flow than Gray too. Thanks for the time stamps!

Nate Eaton - Reporter
11 hrs ·
In her letter, Murdoch states that if the AG doesn’t have the resources, both offices could approach the U.S. Attorney’s Office for help.

“I will tell you that when I went to a meeting in Utah last month, an attorney from the Pocatello USA’s office was present and willing to assist,” Murdoch wrote. “I did want to at least give you this information so you were aware of it in considering your office’s ability to proceed forward with charges.”

I haven't followed as closely as all of you, but IMO the local agencies are being smart. None of them have the resources to bear the financial burden of trying the case, but more than that. The experience to put forward a case which will net a conviction. Complicated is such an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber