MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

Hi Maureen, just want to jump in to say that I keep an eye out for anyone who could fit Judy's description when I am working through our UID cases. Many of us do. Judy hasn't been forgotten, and you are huge part of the reason why. You are an amazing advocate for her ! Keep the faith.

@JudysSisterMaureen - have you reviewed this poster? Ring any bells?

FL - FL - Altoona, WhtFem Skeletal 126UFFL, 17-20, near Lake Dorr, Apr'84

At the time of the initial investigation, detectives were told the female was new to the area, possibly came from California and was using the name ?Judy?

Have you seen this child? Jane Doe1984
On April 18, 1984 an unidentified white female was found off a dirt road in the Lake Dorr Recreation Area of Ocala National Forest. She had been deceased 2 - 4 weeks before being found. She is estimated to be between 17 - 20 years old, 5?00? ? 5?01? tall and approximately 100 pounds. The female's hair was light brown, fine, and straight. Her left ear was pierced but she was not wearing an earring. It is unknown if her right ear was also pierced. She may have broken ribs that healed during her lifetime. She was missing two upper teeth; some of her remaining teeth were discolored reddish-purple. Her fingernails were painted coral or orange color. The female was wearing Wrangler blue jeans, waist 24?, a long T-shirt with printed flowers and the words ?Have You Kissed Your Child Tonight? on the front, a black T-shirt with ?Here comes trouble?, and tan canvas slip-on shoes with blue trim. Digital recreated images of the shoes and one of the T-shirts is featured above. The female also wore a 15? metal necklace chain. At the time of the initial investigation, detectives were told the female was new to the area, possibly came from California and was using the name ?Judy?. The images displayed are a facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life.

Snipped
I don't think I've ever seen or heard of someone having teeth that were discolored reddish-purple. What could cause that?
Blue or Gray Teeth: Causes and Treatments | Colgate® Oral Care
''Early Antibiotic Exposure
Exposure to the antibiotic tetracycline while in the womb or as a young child causes discoloration in adult teeth. Affected teeth develop blue-gray or yellow-brown stains, often in a pattern of horizontal stripes.''
rbbm
The Discolouration of Human Teeth from Archaeological Contexts: Elemental Analysis of a Black Tooth from a Roman Cranium Recovered from the River Witham, Lincoln, UK
''A number of metabolic and congenital conditions cause human teeth to become discoloured; for instance, fluorosis causes brown staining of the teeth and purple staining of the gums, whilst congenital erythropoietic porphyria can produce red-purple dentition [1, 2]. Discoloured dentition is also associated with some occupations—most notably workers in the metal industry, where a variety of staining has been reported [3, 4]. Certain habits, such as smoking and chewing tobacco and drinking coffee, are known to cause yellow-brown discolouration of dentition [5, 6], whilst chewing betel nut produces a deep red staining of the dentition and oral mucosa [7]. Some drug treatments are also known to cause dental discolouration; for example, the antibiotic tetracycline is well documented as causing black discolouration of dentition [8, 9].'

''When the blood supply to a tooth is interrupted, either temporarily or permanently, hemoglobin in the pulp cavity is degraded into byproducts that leach into the dentin wall and give it a pink or purple hue. If these hemocomponents continue to break down, the tooth will appear blue or gray.Mar 29, 2017'
https://www.dvm360.com/view/what-do-when-you-see-tooth-different-color

Hi Maureen, just want to jump in to say that I keep an eye out for anyone who could fit Judy's description when I am working through our UID cases. Many of us do. Judy hasn't been forgotten, and you are huge part of the reason why. You are an amazing advocate for her ! Keep the faith.
Thank you so much. You know, I wrote to david Byrne tonight, asking him if could use his song "and she was" -- largely because of the line "joining the world of missing persons ..." I hate that she (likely) died alone.

Dear Maureen,
I keep thinking about Judy ever since I first read about her when you introduced her case to Reddit. I really, really wish you will find her.
A while ago I watched a clip on one of the reagan balls in 1981, and saw a women that looked like her. I know you probably have seen it all, and I wasn't gonna bother you with it, but now I can't really get it out of my head. Could the lady in pink be her?

All the best for you and your family...
Thank you. The girl in pink is not Judy. Cheeks are too apple-y, nose is not narrow enough, and her face is round.

Lengthy article about Hart Island, could Judy be here? speculation.
New York’s Invisible Island of the Dead

On Find a Grave there are 83 so called "unknown - unknown" graves registered on Hart Island. Non of them would fit the dates. (are this Jane and John Doe cases...just wondering how this works) There is only one grave from 1980, but this person is buried July 2th. and there are a few before that. Most of the graves are more recent. Then there is a Jane Doe buried on June 1980 (this could also be a persons name) and also here the dates are not fitting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back