Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

I am always cautious about folks who share so much lovey dovey stuff on social media. I hope they are found safe but lets be honest the chances of that is quite slim. I don't get hinky from the roomate. Their are housemates who I lived with and I did not know their last name. Heck if they went missing I probably would not have known either unless I speak t them on a regular basis.

So, Mayorga's phone has been shut off since the 15th, and Escalera's phone was found on her bed at the apartment. Friends blocked on SM. This behavior with the phones is very sketchy, to say the least.

This isn't going to end well, is it?:(

So, Mayorga's phone has been shut off since the 15th, and Escalera's phone was found on her bed at the apartment. Friends blocked on SM. This behavior with the phones is very sketchy, to say the least.

This isn't going to end well, is it?:(
My late husband was very controlling in that aspect. Once we got serious he cut off all of my friends. I should have seen the signs and ran. It really worries me with these two young women.

APRIL 28, 2020, 1:51 PM ET
BY GINA TRON
“Police in North Carolina are seeking the public’s help in finding a newly engaged couple who disappeared shortly after moving in together.

Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and Paige Escalera, 25, have not been seen since April 15, the Wilmington Police Department said Monday. The pair recently became engaged and moved into an apartment together in Wilmington in March, Escalera’s sister Stevie Jenkins told Oxygen.com. She added that the pair haven't known each other long.

It was the couple's new roommate who filed a missing persons report after not seeing the couple for three days, Jenkins said.

They had only lived there a week or so before they went missing,’ Jenkins told Oxygen.com. ’As I have been contacting her close friends, I have found that every single one of them had been blocked from her social media over the last week or two. It is normal for family to not hear from her, but not her closest friends. As I spoke with Stephanie's friends, they say it isn't normal at all that they don't hear from Stephanie.’

It appears that Mayorga’s phone has been shut off since April 15 — the day she vanished, Jenkins said.

‘Her boss says he tried calling her when she never showed the next morning,’ she told Oxygen.com.

Newly Engaged Couple Vanishes Shortly After Moving In Together, Leaving A Cell Phone Behind

OK so I understand LE may not have been able to do much with the phone if it has a pin or biometric unlock, but I'd like to know how Paige's friends were being blocked on social media after she went missing. (or if it was before, that is an important distinction since 'a week or two' is pretty vague). It presumably couldn't be done from Paige's phone, since the phone is allegedly with LE. It would have to be done from Paige's laptop or iPad (which only her roommate had access to) or by someone who knows her password and potentially can also access her email, since facebook often asks for a verification when logging in from an unrecognised device or location.
Unusual Blocking of people, to me, tends to be motivated by relationship pressures (abusers who isolate), suicide/purposeful disappearing or control by another person. It would have to be an exceptional case of stupidity for a perp to block people or make any visible moves on a victims account if they knew something bad happened and the victim was never coming back. Usually they opt for faking the person being alive by responding to messages vs just blocking people. JMO. I wonder if there was any tension around or disapproval of this relationship? Financial pressures or pending lawsuits?

<modsnip: no link to information stated as fact>

Clinton appears to be about a 1-hour-and-10-minute drive or 72 driving miles from Wilmington.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Stephanie posted on her Facebook page on January 24th “In a Relationship with Paige Escalera; January 24th with Paige Escalera”:
Stephanie Nicole

Her profile says, “Engaged to Paige Escalera since March 1, 2020,” and Paige’s to Stephanie:
Stephanie Nicole
Paige Escalera

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a weird case. Could the statement bout Stephanie getting her GED recently be incorrect? Someone with her name [the full name matches], shows up in the "Candidates for the Bachelor of Arts Degree • December 2019" for the Commencement Exercises of the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
Both girls are VERY pretty. I wonder where they went, and if they left on good terms or were fighting. The fact that both were not speaking to friends or family since they got together is pretty weird and alarming. And the one that left her phone behind is the whole who actually had friends BLOCKED is also... interesting.

Such a weird case. Could the statement bout Stephanie getting her GED recently be incorrect? Someone with her name [the full name matches], shows up in the "Candidates for the Bachelor of Arts Degree • December 2019" for the Commencement Exercises of the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
Both girls are VERY pretty. I wonder where they went, and if they left on good terms or were fighting. The fact that both were not speaking to friends or family since they got together is pretty weird and alarming. And the one that left her phone behind is the whole who actually had friends BLOCKED is also... interesting.
“Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and Paige Escalera, 25, have not been seen since April 15, the Wilmington Police Department said Monday. The pair recently became engaged and moved into an apartment together in Wilmington in March, Escalera’s sister Stevie Jenkins told Oxygen.com.
Jenkins said that her sibling had just finished getting her GED and was attending college.” (BBM)
Newly Engaged Couple Vanishes Shortly After Moving In Together, Leaving A Cell Phone Behind

So I believe it’s Paige who just obtained her GED :).

Hmmm could their friends be homophobic? Or maybe just think they moving too fast.

amateur speculation/wild theory (hopefully still deemed victim friendly)

the one who’s phone was left behind had all of her friends blocked for 2 weeks before the disappearance? sounds controlling.
the relationship moving so fast is also a red flag.
the fiancée who’s phone was taken with them was shut off the day they went missing.
did the roommate SEE them leave physically or something like saw them in the AM, then left before they did?

cause if so.......... maybe Paige & Stephanie had an argument. Something happened to Paige in a heat of passion. Stephanie in panic/even maybe grief, took off with an injured/incapacitated Paige, turned her own phone off... and murder/suicide angle ?

JMO
JMO

Hmmm could their friends be homophobic? Or maybe just think they moving too fast.
Maybe. But I'm pretty sure one would be aware from day one if their friends are homophobic, I can't see something like that just happening out of the blue. One day she gets a girlfriend and finds out her friends are homophobic all of a sudden? I don't know. It's very interesting that both cut off with everyone else though. Which, doesn't really match with the fact that they had a roommate. Like, who goes out of their way to cut off literally everyone and then move in with a roommate?

amateur speculation/wild theory (hopefully still deemed victim friendly)

the one who’s phone was left behind had all of her friends blocked for 2 weeks before the disappearance? sounds controlling.
the relationship moving so fast is also a red flag.
the fiancée who’s phone was taken with them was shut off the day they went missing.
did the roommate SEE them leave physically or something like saw them in the AM, then left before they did?

cause if so.......... maybe Paige & Stephanie had an argument. Something happened to Paige in a heat of passion. Stephanie in panic/even maybe grief, took off with an injured/incapacitated Paige, turned her own phone off... and murder/suicide angle ?

JMO
JMO
If I'm not mistaken, I believe this roommate only realized that they we're not at the home when returning to the home. I'm assuming this roommate left the house and assumed they were there, only to come back and find the dog alone.

This article has a good bit of information I hadn’t seen before.

'We’re really hoping this has a happy ending’: Wilmington police give update on 'suspicious’ disappearance of two women

Investigators managed to track down surveillance video from a neighbor that showed the pair leave the apartment, get into a grey 2013 Dodge Dart, and head north on South Kerr Avenue.

GU6WEOUF5FEVDGDJUFE6VYLWHU.jpg

Surveillance video of Stephanie Mayorga (left) and Paige Escalera (right) as they were leaving their apartment on April 15. (Source: Wilmington Police Department)

“They were in the process of getting a new apartment, they were engaged. They were trying to finish up education. Things were looking good,” said Dana Jarman.

Many raised questions about the timeline of the case during Wednesday’s press conference. The couple was last seen two weeks before the press briefing. Police explained that they received new information this week that made the situation more serious. While they couldn’t share what that information was, they also admitted work restrictions from COVID-19 may have also played a role in the case’s slow start.

He urged everyone in the Wilmington metropolitan area, especially those in Brunswick County, to be on the lookout for the Dodge Dart. He added that Escalera previously worked in Spartanburg, S.C. and has connections to that area.

Investigators say the Dodge Dart has S.C. tags MVS-902 and has a dent on the bumper on the driver-side rear of the vehicle. The vehicle also has two stickers at the bottom corners of the back glass.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back