Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

Just joining this thread due to seeing this article -- please forgive if it's a repeat.
Everything could be fine with this, but I'm a bit scared for them. The good old hinky-meter is making noise. It's worrisome -- this just doesn't feel right... I'm glad there are two of them -- if things are not good, two are better than one in a bad situation and they have each other. I hope. SMH.

No Signs of Foul Play in NC Couple's Disappearance as Police Hope for 'Happy Ending'

Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and Paige Escalera, 25, left behind some items in their apartment indicating that they didn't plan to be gone for long

By Harriet Sokmensuer
April 29, 2020 03:18 PM
Police in North Carolina are continuing to search for a missing couple who have not been seen or heard from in two weeks.
[...]
They couple were last seen leaving their apartment on April 15. While police do not currently believe foul play is involved, the pair went missing under mysterious circumstances.

According to investigators, the couple left behind some items in their apartment indicating that they didn’t plan to be gone for long. Surveillance footage from a neighbor’s security camera shows the women leaving their apartment on April 15 before getting into a grey 2013 Dodge Dart. They headed north on South Kerr Avenue.
More here:
No Signs of Foul Play in NC Couple's Disappearance as Police Hope for 'Happy Ending'

I may have missed it but I keep seeing they got into a Dodge Dart. I havent seen it specifiy it belongs to one of them or maybe a third party?
I’m not certain but I’ve been under the assumption that the Dodge Dart belongs to Paige, as the car has SC plates and the article I posted upthread said that she has ties to Spartanburg. But, that’s just pure speculation on my part.

This article has a good bit of information I hadn’t seen before.

'We’re really hoping this has a happy ending’: Wilmington police give update on 'suspicious’ disappearance of two women

Investigators managed to track down surveillance video from a neighbor that showed the pair leave the apartment, get into a grey 2013 Dodge Dart, and head north on South Kerr Avenue.

GU6WEOUF5FEVDGDJUFE6VYLWHU.jpg

Surveillance video of Stephanie Mayorga (left) and Paige Escalera (right) as they were leaving their apartment on April 15. (Source: Wilmington Police Department)

“They were in the process of getting a new apartment, they were engaged. They were trying to finish up education. Things were looking good,” said Dana Jarman.

Many raised questions about the timeline of the case during Wednesday’s press conference. The couple was last seen two weeks before the press briefing. Police explained that they received new information this week that made the situation more serious. While they couldn’t share what that information was, they also admitted work restrictions from COVID-19 may have also played a role in the case’s slow start.

He urged everyone in the Wilmington metropolitan area, especially those in Brunswick County, to be on the lookout for the Dodge Dart. He added that Escalera previously worked in Spartanburg, S.C. and has connections to that area.

Investigators say the Dodge Dart has S.C. tags MVS-902 and has a dent on the bumper on the driver-side rear of the vehicle. The vehicle also has two stickers at the bottom corners of the back glass.

Gosh, that looks like a beer bottle in the one woman’s hand—<modsnip: removed information that has not been supported by links>

Also, they both look like they are dressed to work out—could they possibly have been headed to a hiking trail or outdoor running area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a lot to go on yet, <modsnip: removed references to social media>

Stephanie was selling stuff on social media lately, so maybe you're right. There has been nothing said about either of them working.
Maybe they worked somewhere that had to close due the shutdown.
Still worrying about them. A lot.

Gosh, that looks like a beer bottle in the one woman’s hand—<modsnip: removed information that has not been supported by links>

Also, they both look like they are dressed to work out—could they possibly have been headed to a hiking trail or outdoor running area?

Maybe, but it was 9 something at night and they had worked all day, getting off at 7 pm. Due back at work the next morning, so I'm thinking their attire is something comfy like I would wear when I'm at home. Plus aren't all gyms closed due to CV-19?

It's being said they were working for a construction company, who does remodel work. Don't ask me to provide a link.

• Stephanie & Paige haven't known each other long.
  • Moved in to an apartment together a week before they went missing.
  • Paige's friends were blocked from her social media, about the time they moved in together. Friends had not heard from her recently.
  • Stephanie's friends had not heard from her recently.
  • Stephanie's phone was not in the apartment, has been shut off since the day they went missing (April 15th).
  • Paige's phone was left behind on the bed at the apartment.
Jenkins added that Escalera has had her share of troubles but said “she is an amazing person and has always pulled out making the right choices. She has a big heart and is willing to help anyone but I am scared that she may have gotten into trouble this way.”
Newly Engaged Couple Vanishes Shortly After Moving In Together, Leaving A Cell Phone Behind
The blocking is worrisome IMO

Im am late to the party, but a friend on here wanted me to look at this. I was looking for it in the thread but this seems like a possible Drunk Driving, crash off the road incident? She leaves with a beer bottle in hand and has a DWI in March. Hope they are ok but i've seen fatigue/drunk driving cases on here.
View attachment 245019
Escalera, Paige Alexandria Mugshot | 2020-03-08 New Hanover County, North Carolina Arrest
Age is incorrect on site..
Check out that address. Living with friends?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/303-Lumina-Ave-N-Wrightsville-Beach-NC-28480/54328334_zpid/

So I went to school in Wilmington (UNCW) and plenty of Wrightsville beach houses are rented out by room especially to students. Don’t know if that would explain the address or not but wanted to toss that idea out there.
This is my take as well, and explains why their roommate didn't know their last names (which you absolutely would if you owned a house or lease and was renting to them)

This is my take as well, and explains why their roommate didn't know their last names (which you absolutely would if you owned a house or lease and was renting to them)
I’m guessing not on the apartment lease in that case.
I knew people rented out rooms but wasn’t thinking about million dollar homes on the water owner in family law firm.

Im am late to the party, but a friend on here wanted me to look at this. I was looking for it in the thread but this seems like a possible Drunk Driving, crash off the road incident? She leaves with a beer bottle in hand and has a DWI in March. Hope they are ok but i've seen fatigue/drunk driving cases on here.
View attachment 245019
Escalera, Paige Alexandria Mugshot | 2020-03-08 New Hanover County, North Carolina Arrest
Age is incorrect on site..
IMO, Stephanie was going to drive, she had her wallet in her hand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back