Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

This article has a good bit of information I hadn’t seen before.

'We’re really hoping this has a happy ending’: Wilmington police give update on 'suspicious’ disappearance of two women

Investigators managed to track down surveillance video from a neighbor that showed the pair leave the apartment, get into a grey 2013 Dodge Dart, and head north on South Kerr Avenue.

GU6WEOUF5FEVDGDJUFE6VYLWHU.jpg

Surveillance video of Stephanie Mayorga (left) and Paige Escalera (right) as they were leaving their apartment on April 15. (Source: Wilmington Police Department)

“They were in the process of getting a new apartment, they were engaged. They were trying to finish up education. Things were looking good,” said Dana Jarman.

Many raised questions about the timeline of the case during Wednesday’s press conference. The couple was last seen two weeks before the press briefing. Police explained that they received new information this week that made the situation more serious. While they couldn’t share what that information was, they also admitted work restrictions from COVID-19 may have also played a role in the case’s slow start.

He urged everyone in the Wilmington metropolitan area, especially those in Brunswick County, to be on the lookout for the Dodge Dart. He added that Escalera previously worked in Spartanburg, S.C. and has connections to that area.

Investigators say the Dodge Dart has S.C. tags MVS-902 and has a dent on the bumper on the driver-side rear of the vehicle. The vehicle also has two stickers at the bottom corners of the back glass.
If you look closely, looks like there's three people (look behind the door). Who is the third person?

I’m not so sure that is Paige behind Stephanie in the doorway. If you zoom in the picture, it looks nothing like Paige, imo. It looks like an African American male or female to me.

ok I am changing my response. That is actually two photos together in opposite order. The first photo is Paige shutting the door behind herself, and the second photo is Stephanie walking out with Paige behind her. Again, two photos, in reverse chronological order.

Last edited:
Crimewatch | Sampson Independent

“Jan. 12 — Stephanie Nicole Mayorga, 27, of 702 Stewart Ave., Clinton, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Feb. 4.”
Nothing shows for her on the NC Dept of Public Safety records where those convicted are listed.
ETA: Nothing for Escalera, either.

Last edited:
Definitely 3 people in that photo, there is someone behind Paige in the House, Paige in the doorway and Stephanie out ahead. Could it have been the roommate?

There are 2 photos shown here: the first, on the left, is of Stephanie, in a dark top with the Nike slogan "Just Do It." in white letters on it, coming out the door, and Paige, in shadow, right behind her. The second photo, presumably taken right after the first, is just of Paige, bottle in hand as she closes the door behind her, in a hoodie with a white or light-colored zipper down the front, with 2 white drawstrings on either side of it, forming 3 vertical lines down her front. These same 3 vertical lines, the zipper & the 2 drawstrings, can also be seen on the front of the person right behind Stephanie in the first picture, helping confirm it is indeed Paige.

There are 2 photos shown here: the first, on the left, is of Stephanie in a dark top with the Nike slogan "Just Do it.", coming out the door, and Paige, in shadow, right behind her. The second photo, presumably taken right after the first, is just of Paige, bottle in hand as she closes the door behind her, in a hoodie with a white or light-colored zipper down the front, with 2 white drawstrings on either side of it, forming 3 vertical lines down her front. These same 3 vertical lines, the zipper & the 2 drawstrings, can also be seen on the front of the person right behind Stephanie in the first picture, helping confirm it is indeed Paige.
I know, I had figured it out and then edited my reply. Thanks!

Walking out casually with a beer, leaving the phone, almost seems like they were just making a quick run, maybe to the liquor store IMO. Very strange, I hope beyond hope they are ok but I have to wonder if they had an unfortunate run in. All IMO

I’m not so sure that is Paige behind Stephanie in the doorway. If you zoom in the picture, it looks nothing like Paige, imo. It looks like an African American male or female to me.
That's Paige. They are both hispanic, I believe.

If you look closely, looks like there's three people (look behind the door). Who is the third person?
I don't see it.

Walking out casually with a beer, leaving the phone, almost seems like they were just making a quick run, maybe to the liquor store IMO. Very strange, I hope beyond hope they are ok but I have to wonder if they had an unfortunate run in. All IMO
Same here -- Seems to me, if they were going somewhere for a couple of days, etc., the phone would most likely not be left behind. Didn't they have a dog? If so, where is the dog? Where are any backpacks or whatever for carrying changes of clothes, etc., dog food and dog bowls, etc., etc. Maybe the car was loaded already, but the phone left behind is still a puzzler...
SMH.
It just doesn't look good for them.

Last edited:
Same here -- Seems to me, if they were going somewhere for a couple of days, etc., the phone would most likely not be left behind. Didn't they have a dog? If so, where is the dog? Where are any backpacks or whatever for carrying changes of clothes, etc., dog food and dog bowls, etc., etc.
SMH.
It just doesn't look good for them.

This is the exact thing I did countless times in my twenties. I hope my instincts are wrong and this ends on a positive note

To me, it looks like the first girl out of the door has a wallet and a phone in one hand, and is holding something in the other hand. I have trouble believing two girls left the house to be away for more than a few hours and didn't take anything with them. No change of clothes, no towel, no tooth brush, nothing. And left a dog behind. Doesn't make sense.

One thing that’s puzzling me here is this. I see Paige’s family posting on social media, getting the word out there but I don’t see anything from Stephanie’s family. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Also, I understand they leased a bedroom/bath in an apartment with a shared common area. I’m wondering how the roommate got in to let the dog out. Does this mean they left their room ajar when they walked out?

Wonder where they are going to search? Around the apartment where they were last seen?
(Not on FB so cant see comments)

I just checked the "About" page, and the person who posted, and commented with the location is an admin. They are meeting at 351 S College Rd, in Wilmington (a store parking lot). which, IMO, is very close to where they lived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back