Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAINESVILLE, Ga. — One of Georgia’s current hot spots in during the coronavirus pandemic is Hall County. The hospital in Gainesville doesn't expect a peak of COVID-19 cases there until mid-June.
Hall County has the highest per-capita rate for confirmed COVID cases in north Georgia. While Georgia begins to reopen, the Gainesville area is just trying to breathe.
Different medical and political experts told Channel 2’s Tony Thomas that the high numbers are because of the volume of poultry plants and the makeup of the community.
That's being felt at Northeast Georgia Medical Center where 153 COVID-19 patients are currently being treated with dozens more waiting for test results.
The hospital said an additional 30 nurses arrived Wednesday. Officials told Thomas that more doctors and intensive care unit beds are on the way.
The hospital said its use of ventilators is at about 40% to 45% right now.

Hospital in Gainesville bracing for peak of COVID-19 as hot spot forms in Hall County

In Georgia, Gov. Brian Kemp was one of the last to issue stay-at-home orders and he's among the first to reopen businesses, including nail and hair salons.

"I wasn't pleased with the decision to open us back up," says Regina Ellis, co-owner of Esuites, a salon in Albany.

Ellis says she knows people who have died from the coronavirus. While she's sympathetic to workers who need to earn a living, she's watching infection rates and plans to wait a few more weeks before going back to work herself.

Ellis says her customers understand.

"They don't want to come to the salon just to look good — to look good in a casket," she says.

As Coronavirus Restrictions Ease, Many Still Wary

I hear you!
Is there an "In the event of my death, xxxx xxxx will privately contact ****** ******?"
Do we just give our information to someone who we trust to contact someone?
I have seen the passing of some members and I was so shocked, saddened and wondered how I missed that the person who I enjoyed thier posts was suddenly gone. FIREFOX- for example! Had I know his real name, I'd have known, but it was months before I found out. *(he was a first responder when my friend in high school was killed. Her name was Laurie Landt)
Is there a thread to advise on how to notify members of our passing?
Sorry if off topic.
Moo
It would be nice if Tricia had our real names and locations so that if someone was MIA for a long time, she could at least search for an obit and inform us.

Boris Johnson #StayHomeSaveLives

·
3h

Thank you for all that you are doing to save lives and protect our NHS. Let’s keep going.

·
1 May

Thank you for all the wonderful messages you sent me when I was unwell, and for all you are doing to keep yourselves and others safe.

·
1 May

I can confirm that we are past the peak of this disease. We are past the peak and we are on the downward slope. And we have so many reasons to be hopeful for the long term. But we can only defeat coronavirus by our collective discipline and working together.

Reading that link, there's the information on Walmart. That reminded me of something I've been seeing in a lot of stores the past week.
For reference, I'm in retail but I travel from store to store to service my accounts. Think "pepsi guy" type of job. Anyway . . .
I'm in stockrooms a lot. I've noticed a lot of employees yank their mask down as soon as they're out of sight in the back. They also don't social distance as much in the stockroom. It's incredibly difficult to move freight while wearing a mask. I get it. I do more than my fair share of huffing and puffing. I am absolutely required to keep my mask on at all times, which I do. And it isn't just Walmart.
Jmo

It sure isn’t just Walmart. Despite repeated reminders I’ve observed lots of employees unmasking and/or non-distancing during breaks and other times when it would be possible and easy !! to do so (keeping in mind often it’s not possible at all -healthcare)

We’re allowed to use one entrance only. Shift changes worth of people (coming in and leaving) using one entrance into an enclosed hallway. (I have complained to union, management and command center about the crowds) This is when we get temp scanned -I regularly read 94.-96. Yep. That’s an accurate assessment. (I scanned in yesterday morning at 97 plus and had a moment of panic)

Last edited:
RSBBM Hopefully this USA performance promotes a national message, whether it be protest or acclimate, to calm everyone. The rest of the world has a lower case rate, a lower case fatality rate, planned economic revival, and national social order.

The rest of the world? Wait 30 days and let's meet to see what the case fatality rate, case rate, economies and social order is for the fragile countries that this hasn't really hit yet. I don't think we've seen the worst, the worst is yet to come in those countries. MOO

LOCALS ARE TRYING IN GA...

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. —
Some of the biggest cities in metro Atlanta announced they are curtailing large public
events on city properties through the summer.

The cities of Lawrenceville, Duluth and Suwanee collectively agreed to halt hosting large-scale public events on city properties through July 10.

The announcement was to help “further reduce the community spread of COVID-19.” The cities say the actions “are being taken because large public events can create the types of close gatherings that are not recommended by health professionals at this time.”

These Gwinnett cities are canceling large-scale public events on city property through July

The rest of the world? Wait 30 days and let's meet to see what the case fatality rate, case rate, economies and social order is for the fragile countries that this hasn't really hit yet. I don't think we've seen the worst, the worst is yet to come in those countries. MOO
It's like saying the score in the first quarter is going to be the final score.....so much more tragedy to witness....I dread it.

This virus has sunk me into a depression. I don't mind the lockdown and I kind of enjoy the lockdown since I am an introvert. I don't see an end. Maybe I am reading too much news.

Everyday I'm making flower arrangements, and it makes me happy. May I offer you some of my virtual flowers that I arranged to brighten your day?

20200501_133824.jpg

20200430_121036.jpg

20200428_140645.jpg

20200428_114836.jpg

20200501_133824.jpg

So I'm on twitter...... someone just referred to trace/test/isolate with this comment:

"Tracing is starting soon but by now it’s probability more for curiosity sake since our healthcare system is better than fine".

Kid you not.....smh.

Singapore's health ministry on Saturday confirmed 447 new coronavirus infections, the smallest daily rise in two weeks, taking the city-state's tally of cases to 17,548 with 16 virus-related deaths.

Most of the new cases are among migrant workers living in dormitories, the ministry said.

Singapore confirms 447 new coronavirus cases, smallest rise in two weeks

Daily Cuomo video for folks that want to follow the leading state in infections. It is live but probably won't start until 11:15 as usual? He's set up the subway it looks like for the presser!

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo provides a daily briefing on the state's ongoing COVID-19 crisis on Saturday. A New York City nursing home on Friday reported the deaths of 98 residents believed to have had the coronavirus. Coronavirus outbreak: NY Gov. Cuomo provides update on state's COVID-19 crisis | LIVE

subway.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members