Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops didn’t mean to post that yet :eek: Anyway reading everything Dave said really took the wind out of my sails but it makes sense. My thought process was possible accomplice felt guilty or pressured to confess or take a deal which lead them to site. Or hypothetically BM feeling guilty and remorseful could have confessed and told LE where to dig. I know confession seems unlikely but being married that long and having children together there was love there and his daughters must be suffering terribly right now. Am I going to get in trouble for this? I am trying to just read and not post but it’s so hard! :(

BBM:

Wow.

That's just wrong. Really, really wrong.

It doesn't exactly encourage private citizens to assist LE if they're going to be left on the hook for major expenses, to say nothing of the level of overall disruption it's caused in this case, i.e., LE tramping all over their private property, helicopters flying overhead, reporters banging on their door, etc.

I would certainly hope that the authorities would tell these property owners to go ahead and send them the bill.

Reminds me of the poor landlord who rented his home to the Stauch family.

I feel sorry for these property owners.

They've been made ancillary victims, as well.

JMO.
I believe each county has victim’s assistance funds.
Jefferson County does, or maybe the contractors insurance is on the hook?

Oops didn’t mean to post that yet :eek: Anyway reading everything Dave said really took the wind out of my sails but it makes sense. My thought process was possible accomplice felt guilty or pressured to confess or take a deal which lead them to site. Or hypothetically BM feeling guilty and remorseful could have confessed and told LE where to dig. I know confession seems unlikely but being married that long and having children together there was love there and his daughters must be suffering terribly right now. Am I going to get in trouble for this? I am trying to just read and not post but it’s so hard! :(

Don't be afraid to post Lilypad ... we take it much easier on new members who can't necessarily recite TOS in their sleep (yet :D)

What road is the property on?

New4.JPG
Screen shot from media thread from News4.com shows address ...here in screenshot

ETA: Or perhaps media is incorrect per this link posted right after mine???

<modsnip: House number is not sourced in MSM > County Road 105, Salida, Colorado

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps BM will help with the reimbursement. Didn't he say he'd pay "whatever it takes" to find Suzanne?
Doesn't he have a stipulation on the reward money, which he will probably extend to any of his personal money being spent. The words that he has in the reward state "safe return;" doesn't it?

I was thinking the search might be for a weapon but I'm usually wrong.

I think the FBI employs more forensic anthropologists than any other single agency. Digging is one of the subspecialties. You'd want someone with that kind of training on hand if you were thinking you were heading in the direction of chiseling/unearthing a body. Or parts of a body. There are trainees within the FBI as well (this person looked younger than a full-fledged doctoral anthropologist with some post-doc training - but I'll bet she could already working with FBI while finishing her training and of course she could just be young-looking).

Underground evidence recovery is one of those body farm skills.

BBM:

Wow.

That's just wrong. Really, really wrong.

It doesn't exactly encourage private citizens to assist LE if they're going to be left on the hook for major expenses, to say nothing of the level of overall disruption it's caused in this case, i.e., LE tramping all over their private property, helicopters flying overhead, reporters banging on their door, etc.

I would certainly hope that the authorities would tell these property owners to go ahead and send them the bill.

Reminds me of the poor landlord who rented his home to the Stauch family.

I feel sorry for these property owners.

They've been made ancillary victims, as well.

JMO.
In my experience it depends on Where the damage occurred - in the city I worked for - there was a fund for this type of damage when it clearly was the city’s responsibility- I always felt so bad but happy to prepare the reimbursement check
JMO

This is brilliant!

You're right: the owners should definitely receive the 200K in reward money if SM is found on their property.

"No questions asked."

JMO.
Yes !
I concur.
Maybe a form of 'restitution' -- if Suzanne is found, or at least enough evidence to convict the husband ?
Although I'm hoping very much that she is found and can be respectfully laid to rest.

Not a bad idea at all, Tate !
Nothing and I mean nothing except cement and dirt should be found.
Whether a weapon is discovered, or any evidence linking back to Suzanne or her husband, LE may have what they need.

My .02 is that HRD dogs led LE to this location, and not someone 'talking'.
Unless LE make an official statement to the contrary.

I'm sure many people who worked with Barry are in CYA mode atm.
Even his fire chief seems to be singing a different tune.
Imo.

I think the FBI employs more forensic anthropologists than any other single agency. Digging is one of the subspecialties. You'd want someone with that kind of training on hand if you were thinking you were heading in the direction of chiseling/unearthing a body. Or parts of a body. There are trainees within the FBI as well (this person looked younger than a full-fledged doctoral anthropologist with some post-doc training - but I'll bet she could already working with FBI while finishing her training and of course she could just be young-looking).

Underground evidence recovery is one of those body farm skills.
I had no idea. Thanks for the info, it makes sense.

Interesting.

The building inspector was at the site inspecting piers and insulation under the slab on 5/11, 5/14 & 5/15. So exactly when would BM have brought something there?

Unfortunately, we don't have any info on who and when someone other than BM last saw Suzanne alive.

You're as right about the same amount of time as the rest of us - although there are posters whose "rightness factor" astounds me. It's part of the fun of being here - I think maybe the more you post, the better the odds get of being right.

Either a weapon or the evidence of a weapon might certainly be found there.

I dont think anyone reported dogs being used on the property. Maybe they discretley used them prior to digging evading media notice.

REVEALED: Missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the residential building site that Colorado cops searching for her are digging up

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

The first and third photo show what looks to be the back of a brown dog with dappling and a leash extended to the left going to the area of a pine tree. The "dog" appears in the central lower portion of the picture frame. Rocks and logs usually don't have leashes, but this could be a dog, could be a rock. What do you think?

Good to have a dog on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member