Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed by member>

BM is likely working for the contractor GD that I posted about earlier. The contractor applies for permits and may hire a subcontractor to do the job. BM is most likely a subcontractor on the job. MOO

In regards to a fire...surely a home built in the mountains would have a wood burning fireplace, no?

Or alcohol pellets. A wood burning fireplace without a special insert shoots most of the heat out the chimney (while still getting a little smoke in your house - not the thing someone who values clean paint would want, IME).

I think most larger houses have central heating or sometimes, something like this:

#1 Propane Fireplace Insert Store (Experts on Gas Inserts)

My grandparents just north of Durango had that, my aunt and uncle nearby have the alcohol pellet type.

Human ashes are detectable. Have different composition than wood or paper. If anyone was burned in a fireplace CSI would know it.

I was thinking more like the ashes may be mixed in the dirt he used. Would they need to search more if they had found evidence of that in the home fire place? Perhaps the fireplace was recently cleaned??

Has LE said they will be continuing the search in the same location tomorrow? I just saw that they are finished for the day and did not find a body.

Good question.
Earlier someone posted LE had searched both Thursday and Friday, but there was no link.
So, I guess just wait for today's press release from the Sheriff's office.
(they have not yet posted today)

Missing teenager located in Chaffee County - Chaffee County Sheriff

ETA not sure why it comes up like this, but this is the link to the Sheriff's office blog where their daily press releases are posted.

Oh my, ran to town and got a cell phone signal. I see we are still waiting and wondering what happened. I'm actually relieved some of the rumors on SM weren't true. Still holding out hope SM is alive. It's not over until the fat lady sings, and I'm not singing yet.

I don't know that he could have been working on Mother's Day. If I read the permitting right, they asked for and got inspection of Insulation Under Slab and Plumbing in Floor Tube on Monday 5/11/2020 prior to pouring the slab and had the inspector back on 5/14/2020 to inspect caissons and piers. My guess is that the general contractor laid the insulation on Sunday, and the plumbing sub may have laid in the encased piping on the same day. If not, the plumber did it earlier and asked for inspection with the insulation inspection. That time window is the least likely time that I can imagine a landscaper buzzing his bobcat all around moving dirt.
Building Department Permit Detail

I believe the insulation would be under the concrete slab but on top of the any dirt that had been moved. Seems to me it would have been the perfect opportunity knowing the slab would probably be poured shortly after.

Can you share the link where you read this?
Much appreciated :)
Here is Google Earth Imagery dated 9/24/2013 showing the modular house and site built garage, plus driveway and landscaping that has all been demo'd. IMO

Photo is a Google Earth Screen Shot, no link possible

Attachments

• Google Earth 6962 CR 105.jpg
    Google Earth 6962 CR 105.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 76
If they are looking for a body that is not intact and may have been mixed with the dirt that was brought in, where would that fill dirt come from? Where would his landscaping crew get that much dirt?
You can get that stuff at a quarry. Cheap. I coincidentally was in the market for some 3 weeks or so ago. Screened loam was, like, $20 a ton. It's not my line of work (by any stretch), so I was awestruck that I could order a ton of anything that would cost $20.

Around here, a truck to move tonnage costs $100 per hour. There are a lot of fellas that own such trucks (they're all out there busy busy and in high evidence now that construction companies are back open) and make a living, but I can't think this is the kind of living that goes along with an owner of a $1.5 million house.

Someone can correct me if "screened loam" is not what goes under cement pads for houses. Topsoil would certainly be a lot more, but the cost of material is what it is; the labor is where the profit and compensation are. But still, if we're talking trucking, there doesn't seem to be a lotta $$$ for "truck and labor" business.

<modsnip>

But LE doesn't perform such searches as they've engaged in the past few days without significant backup of (even barely circumstantial) evidence so, what might that evidence be?

I don't believe finding one or more personal items attributed to SM would indicate as being that significant evidence, could it?

What might be that significant evidence?

I believe the insulation would be under the concrete slab but on top of the any dirt that had been moved. Seems to me it would have been the perfect opportunity knowing the slab would probably be poured shortly after.

So you are proposing that he slipped in Sunday night and buried the body, replacing all of the insulation exactly, so that the people who laid it wouldn't notice Monday morning? I'm not asking if it would be impossible, but it seems to me like a stupid plan. If he did it, he's a moron; and if he did it and got away with it, he's got to be the luckiest sub-contractor in Colorado. IMO

I was thinking more like the ashes may be mixed in the dirt he used. Would they need to search more if they had found evidence of that in the home fire place? Perhaps the fireplace was recently cleaned??
The trouble I'm having with the thought of BM burning a body, where would he do this? After I looked at the home via the helicopter camera, there really are no cleared areas around the home. So relatively comfortable it didn't happen there. Plus as someone said, CO has been in stage two (no burn status). Fire would also draw attention.
A wood chipper however could be towed to a remote area, say maybe an area dirt was pushed up to be loaded and hauled away.

I don't know, with so few details to work with it's difficult to suss out workable theories.

I don't know that he could have been working on Mother's Day. If I read the permitting right, they asked for and got inspection of Insulation Under Slab and Plumbing in Floor Tube on Monday 5/11/2020 prior to pouring the slab and had the inspector back on 5/14/2020 to inspect caissons and piers. My guess is that the general contractor laid the insulation on Sunday, and the plumbing sub may have laid in the encased piping on the same day. If not, the plumber did it earlier and asked for inspection with the insulation inspection. That time window is the least likely time that I can imagine a landscaper buzzing his bobcat all around moving dirt.
Building Department Permit Detail

My understanding is that BM's work at the site comprised preparatory ground work to level the building plot ready for concrete laying. Therefore him being at the site to lay and compact earth absolutely ties in with him being there on days immediately prior to, and actual on Mother's day itself. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels