Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dbm.

I withdraw the comment about the cameras in the house being inoperattional.
Although I read it in the first couple of days I can't find the info now.
As for whether MOO BM has or should have influence on daughters? The answer is, yes.
If they had a trip that's fine. If he left that's fine, but all together?

If it was true she was social distancing and quarantining, that also would apply to her husband and well as her daughters, would it not?

Covid-19 didn't skip Mother's Day.

JMO

This really stuck out to me too. How many objectively bad husbands and fathers still pull it together one day of the year for a Mother's Day brunch or flowers or day together? After going through what Suzanne went through you'd think her family would have done SOMETHING even if they couldn't be together. But not a call til 5pm?

Especially during this particular year, I think we need to know more about the family dynamics and attitudes about holidays together to come to a conclusion on MDay. With COVID19; I cancelled MDay for, imo, the safety of my kids and myself. I also recently was given my second "clear MRI" ... my daughter has MS... my son works in a hospital... but, we spoke by phone and we enjoyed that while making plans to go out to eat whenever this virus gives up.

SM's daughters tried and couldn't reach her by phone. And they were concerned when phone calls failed. Maybe they were on their way and their plan was to arrive on Monday. We have no way to know if BM tried to call or not and we don't know if BM was in touch with his daughters or that day. It's the same old story by now... we know zip about almost everything.

The fire chief told reporters that the bike was found in a ravine, near a bridge.

The problem is, the fire chief may just be parroting information from BM or gossip from someone else. It's been glaringly obvious he's not on the team with LE. And there might be a serious conflict of interest if BM is "one of his guys", since he's a volunteer firefighter. We don't know anything about their relationship; they could be tight.

Anyway, I don't think we can take what the fire chief says for gospel.

bbm
Yes, I know your post was made in the general sense but I feel comfortable responding. :)
I try to look at all of the information no matter how long it takes and despite becoming impatient at times.
And I try to make it a point, to not rush to judgement.

So we wait and discuss what's available.

And there's quite a bit, even though things seem to be somewhat stalled.

Releasing the house back to the family feels premature, but in another sense it may put people off-guard.
The daughters can move back in, the husband can get back to work at his business, and life can resume as best it can !

What if a random perp senses that there's no new information and the coast is clear ; when in actuality LE are keeping tabs on him/her/them ??
Imo.

I was suprised by the home returning to the family, but I believe that's somewhat the norm - once the search warrant has been fully executed, LE can't keep it on lockdown.

The problem is, the fire chief may just be parroting information from BM or gossip from someone else. It's been glaringly obvious he's not on the team with LE. And there might be a serious conflict of interest if BM is "one of his guys", since he's a volunteer firefighter. We don't know anything about their relationship; they could be tight.

Anyway, I don't think we can take what the fire chief says for gospel.
Exactly IMO

If it was true she was social distancing and quarantining, that also would apply to her husband and well as her daughters, would it not?

JMO
Not sure what you're suggesting. We don't know whether or not any of the family members were observing social distancing, or to what degree. The pandemic and all that entails is actually an interesting complexity to ponder in this case, IMO. It raises all kinds of questions about what was more/less likely to be occurring within the family, the marriage, and perhaps beyond around the time of SM's disappearance. All speculation of course.

Re: "Oh, Suzanne....." at the beginning of the video.

La la la la: "Oh, Susanna, oh don't you cry for me....." IME People reach for clichés when they're trying to be vague or not get pinned down.

RSBM:

The song lyrics that keep flashing through my mind whenever I think of this case are the opening lines in James Taylor's classic, "Fire and Rain:"

Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
Suzanne the plans they made put an end to you

Sadly, I think those words are going to prove only too apropos here.

JMO.

JMO
I'm not sure I've ever read anything in MSM that says she was social distancing, in her home alone.
She was there alone, but that's all we know, according to MSM anyway.

If indeed her and all the other family members were social distancing especially due to SM's compromised immune system then yes, it makes sense they'd remain so, despite it being Mother's Day. For that matter, maybe even more so because it was Mother's Day.

But, we don't know that this is what was going on with the family on that weekend.

We are all speculating why BM or his daughters were not with SM on Mothers Day. What if daughters weren’t around That week because they were on the outs with their dad. And what if they did want to see their mom on Mother’s Day and she told them BM had planned a special weekend just for her? He could have had the weekend to make sure she disappeared. But by Sunday afternoon the girls were trying to reach her? It’s all just a theory. But
then, I’m still hoping he is innocent. :(
I am not going to go back and source it but know I read the girls were camping possibly in Idaho.

I was suprised by the home returning to the family, but I believe that's somewhat the norm - once the search warrant has been fully executed, LE can't keep it on lockdown.

Now comes the interesting part - what happens next? Does the husband decide it's time to sell the home, like Scott Peterson? What does he do now?

Not sure what you're suggesting. We don't know whether or not any of the family members were observing social distancing, or to what degree. The pandemic and all that entails is actually an interesting complexity to ponder in this case, IMO. It raises all kinds of questions about what was more/less likely to be occurring within the family, the marriage, and perhaps beyond around the time of SM's disappearance. All speculation of course.
Agreed. SM, as a cancer survivor, could have been in a "high risk" category for COVID which might alter all kinds of family dynamics (such as teens who are working, or otherwise unable/unwilling to social distance living elsewhere temporarily) - and even BM, as an "essential employee" who could have been interacting with other contractors might have been taking similar measures. I think there are a lot of possibilities around the family dynamics that we can't possibly know that might reasonably explain her being alone on Mother's Day. I get why people are wondering about this, but I'm with you wanting a lot more information/context on this before coming to any kind of conclusion. JMO, MOO

I think this year with the pandemic it’s completely normal for the girls to not be with their Mom on Mother’s Day.

I remember reading they were trying to call her on their way back from a camping trip. Thinking maybe they didn’t have phone service until they were out of the camping area?? That’s happened to me, so would make sense why they didn’t try to talk to mom until then. Or like another poster said maybe they had been trying all day to get a hold of her. We don’t know, but I don’t find it strange given the pandemic. Moo

ETA: several posters had the same idea I take it :)

JMO
I don't think most spouses social distanced from each other (we need a this & that smilie).
Unless one or the other actively had the virus, or there was high risk of someone working outside the home being infected and bringing it back.

My husband and I continued to work throughout the SIP order (essential business).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa