GUILTY OK - Miracle Lashay Crook, 3, & Tony Demone Crook, 2, Tulsa, 21 May 2020 *mom arrested*

If their mother ever snaps too (if she ever cared), she will be suicidal. People withdrawing from drugs can be evil...I hope they have a suicide vest ready and guards ready to do the rounds. This is horrible. Idk what theyd charge her with total disregard for human life, she may as well have walked them down to the water, tossed them in & walked away, the way this is unfolding.
I'm having a hard time understanding why the aunt didn't have them. If they were placed in her custody, she knew her sister would not or could not care for them. Where was everybody? Im just like wtf, everybody failed these children.

If their mother ever snaps too (if she ever cared), she will be suicidal. People withdrawing from drugs can be evil...I hope they have a suicide vest ready and guards ready to do the rounds. This is horrible. Idk what theyd charge her with total disregard for human life, she may as well have walked them down to the water, tossed them in & walked away, the way this is unfolding.
I'm having a hard time understanding why the aunt didn't have them. If they were placed in her custody, she knew her sister would not or could not care for them. Where was everybody? Im just like wtf, everybody failed these children.

Yup - from what I can gather apparently the aunt was at work and the grandfather should have been caring for the kids but he got in an argument with the mother and left the apartment, leaving those two kids to their own devices. It’s disgusting to be honest and I want to see them all charged with neglect!

“Yes, I’m still hopeful. I just hope they still, not in this river, somebody got ‘em. I sure hope someone got ‘em. I’m praying hard that someone got them, they not in this river, in this water.” -Wanda Crook

EY_c1A0XQAAZZRE

Burt Mummolo on Twitter

At the earlier conference with Chief today he mentioned it flowed into a couple different creeks. If I am looking at maps and pics right it starts out as a retention canal. I’m fact, I think Chief said it was man made. There was rain Friday I believe he said Friday anyway, and it would have been higher then. If you look at this tweet, you will see the area they went in.

Tiffany Alaniz on Twitter

UPDATE- @FOX23SaraWhaley has learned from investigators the children went through an opening in the fence to then walk down a set of stairs to the water at Mingo Creek. Investigators are still looking for Miracle and Tony’s bodies. Heartbreaking.
fox23.com/news/local/tul…

(photo of fence and stairs to creek/retention enclosed)

How wide and deep is this creek? When I picture a creek it is small and not fast flowing. If they ended up in the water, how far could they have travelled? Is it deep enough that they would sink at first?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EY-8vwvX0AEPZLj?format=jpg&name=medium

What's your basis for this knowledge, Oklahoma state law?
The law is a bit vague. Donisha Williams is currently charged with Child Neglect - the statute isn't quoted in the online inmate search, it just says Child Neglect AFCF:
Index - Inmate Information Center

Looking at the statutes I found:
21 OK Stat § 21-843.5 (2016)
C. Any parent or other person who shall willfully or maliciously engage in child neglect shall, upon conviction, be punished by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections not exceeding life imprisonment, or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or by a fine of not less than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) nor more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or both such fine and imprisonment. As used in this subsection, "child neglect" means the willful or malicious neglect, as defined by paragraph 47 of Section 1-1-105 of Title 10A of the Oklahoma Statutes, of a child under eighteen (18) years of age by another.
2014 Oklahoma Statutes :: Title 21. Crimes and Punishments :: §21-843.5. Child abuse - Child neglect - Child sexual abuse - Child sexual exploitation - Enabling - Penalties.

This is confusing as it says imprisonment not exceeding life but also says one year in county jail and a fine. Of course charges may change when the kids are found.

Some other possibilities could include second degree murder which seems to be akin to felony murder, manslaughter or other charges. Hopefully we'll know more in the next few days.

I'm going to assume the DA will bring the strongest charge they can against this mother - at least I hope so! All MOO.

The law is a bit vague. Donisha Williams is currently charged with Child Neglect - the statute isn't quoted in the online inmate search, it just says Child Neglect AFCF:
Index - Inmate Information Center

Looking at the statutes I found:
21 OK Stat § 21-843.5 (2016)
C. Any parent or other person who shall willfully or maliciously engage in child neglect shall, upon conviction, be punished by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections not exceeding life imprisonment, or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or by a fine of not less than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) nor more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or both such fine and imprisonment. As used in this subsection, "child neglect" means the willful or malicious neglect, as defined by paragraph 47 of Section 1-1-105 of Title 10A of the Oklahoma Statutes, of a child under eighteen (18) years of age by another.
2014 Oklahoma Statutes :: Title 21. Crimes and Punishments :: §21-843.5. Child abuse - Child neglect - Child sexual abuse - Child sexual exploitation - Enabling - Penalties.

This is confusing as it says imprisonment not exceeding life but also says one year in county jail and a fine. Of course charges may change when the kids are found.

Some other possibilities could include second degree murder which seems to be akin to felony murder, manslaughter or other charges. Hopefully we'll know more in the next few days.

I'm going to assume the DA will bring the strongest charge they can against this mother - at least I hope so! All MOO.
Did I read she had a suspended sentence as well?

Sorry but I'm confused.

The mother is "homeless" and didn't have custody of the children and yet, the mother was found passed out, on a couch, in an apartment somewhere. The children, of which the mother does not have custody, had the children in her care when they went missing.

Am I getting this right?

So who's apartment was she living in to begin with? Then, if she didn't have custody, why were the children with her at all?

The children's father is in jail?

An aunt has custody? What about Grandparents?

What a mess. Those poor children. I just can't imagine their living environment. So sad.
Also, the aunt with custody is the sister of the dad, not the mom.
Are the grandparents the moms parents or the dads parents? I’m not sure.

I just cannot express in mere words how distressing & heart wrenching this is to me.

-And I cannot fathom how upsetting it is for their aunt and anyone else who gives a damn about Miracle and Tony, as well as other sleuthers.

My brother and sister endured child neglect (and child abuse) when my mother was an addict.

Crying for you two darlings. <3

The bus line is right outside of the apartment complex. I haven’t heard about a vehicle.

I am really sick of these people who have custody of kids leaving them with bio parents when they aren’t supposed to and this happens! That is what I inferred from the press conference anyway. If this is the case, I hope charges get brought against that person as well.
YES. If you get mad at her, and so you want to walk away mad, that's fine----just take the babies with you, for their own safety. This is devastating. They are so little and so vulnerable.

There were people on that trail today searching. It's a sidewalk/path that follows a ditch. Lot's of weeds and tall shrubs along the trail . There are businesses on the north side of the hwy east of the trail with dumpsters and I searched many of those.. I saw a business boarded up back there that I wanted to go check out tomorrow. There seems to be quite a few of homeless camps also.
PLEASE be careful, while searching, LuvDogs. Do you have any big protective dogs that can walk with you? :cool:

I'm sorry, but I put the blame on the Aunt that had custody. She knew the current situation, and the kids still ended up with their Mom. Maybe she doesn't understand that being a parent is a 24/7 hour job, and if that's the case she had no business having them. These kids were let down by their Mom, their Aunt, the system.... this whole situation was preventable...... IMO. If the Mom is charged with neglect, the Aunt should be as well.

I'm sure will say its mean or cold hearted to feel that way.... but these 2 little kids should be in a loving home right now, not lost on the streets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back