GUILTY OK - Miracle Lashay Crook, 3, & Tony Demone Crook, 2, Tulsa, 21 May 2020 *mom arrested*

There is a reason that they were placed with their aunt and not with anyone else. Essentially, the court decided that she was the best willing caregiver for the children. She likely felt an obligation, whether by court order or moral code, to allow the kids to spend time with mom and grandpa and grandma. Even that small amount of responsibility seems to have been more than they could handle. I'm sure the aunt is feeling some self-guilt. But she was seemingly the hero for those babies. I wish I could send her a warm hug. I'm sure she needs one.

My original thought was that they walked out the door. Hand in hand! While mama was passed out on the couch! After that God only knows what could happen to them. Praying they are found safe!
I think she wanted to nap, so she told them to get out--go play outside---and pushed them out the door....:mad::(

Oh god this is just so awful, those poor babies. Miracle holding her brothers hand, maybe he slipped and fell and she tried to help him but slipped in too :(

I hope this ‘mother’ sees the image of her children walking hand in hand to their deaths every time she closes her eyes. Some people should never have children. Sounds like she has an older daughter too, I hope she is being looked after.

Those poor babies...i am sick to my stomach of it. The video of them walking hand in hand, made me tear up. They deserved so much better, my heart is breaking for these two precious babies.

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but if the Aunt had custody, how is it that they wound up with the Grandfather and Mom that day, and later just the mom since grandpa reportedly left sometime after they had an argument?

Also, (kind of a rhetorical question here, but) if mom was reportedly being violent and argumentative to the point that her dad left the home because of it, why on earth did he think it was a good idea to leave the two children there with her? :eek: Is ANYONE in that family a responsible caregiver? Those poor children.

She is not mentally ill, she is brain addled from meth. JMO MOO
Although there is a possibility that she is mentally ill. Statistically speaking a lot of addicts have underlying mental illness(es) which is what drives them to self medicate.

Dual Diagnosis: Mental Health and Addiction - Addiction Center

The Connection Between Mental Illness and Substance Abuse | Dual Diagnosis

Part 1: The Connection Between Substance Use Disorders and Mental Illness

Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders | MentalHealth.gov

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members