Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure would. This is one of those cases where the only developments will be huge developments; they’ll come out of nowhere.

I get the impression that we’re going to be waiting a while.
If BM is guilty and doesn’t confess soon, I think we are in for a long road ahead.

If it was a case of BM killing her in a fit of rage, he likely never realized what his future would be like in trying to “pretend” to be distraught and having people observing his behavior all the time. I would think that carrying that burden of guilt would make him crack and confess at some point soon.

For someone like Patrick Frazee, going on with life would be a piece of cake. He planned things out in his mind for so long. He just never realized how stupid he was.

I don’t see BM being anything like PF.

It looks like they did build the Colorado house, taking out the initial permit in 2008. The older daughter would have been nine years old.
In my opinion, the contrary stories are just so much hooey. Just because someone says it, and someone prints it; doesn't necessarily prove it's accurate or factual. IMO

The link lands on the search site. You have to go on their own from there. All of the information needed for search is in the picture provided here.
Building Department Permit Search Home
That is quite interesting! Thanks! Kinda cancels out a bit of our speculation on timing of move to Co...at the very least!JMO So let the next round of wild speculation begin...

Zillow: Posting Private Financial Info?
Zillow posted up thread by @Heliopops.... It also says something about a “refi” payment estimate of approx $3700 .... Isn’t it crazy how Zillow and other realty sites can just plaster your private financial info like how much you paid for your house on the Internet?! ... anyone can look up what you paid, what you owe etc....
@Lilypad13 :) bbm sbm Re Zillow's "Est. refi payment $ 3784/mo"

Imo,* that's an est'ed paymt based on a hypothetical borrower, not based on actual owner's original loan or re-fi, so those $ figures Zillow or affiliates posted are not private.
As to Zillow's "$ 750,000" figure in 'sold' column in May 2019, that may be:
---
actual sales price** at closing (likely, imo) or
--- most recent asking price before sale closed (asking price could be higher or lower than sales price). Not so likely imo.**

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* After clicking on "Est. payment" I got a dialog box showing "pre-qualify" and leading to a calculator to "buy a home" and "refinance my home." Find a Local Mortgage Lender for a Home Loan or Refinance | Zillow. So $3784 payment is not specific to them.

{{ :)Detail/bonus info ;) which may or may not be on the final this semester. ;) :rolleyes:

** In some states, residential sales prices are available as public record to anyone requesting from a county official. Laws in several states require sellers to provide county assessor w affidavit showing "full consideration paid" but also prohibit assessor from making public the $ info on these affidavits. }}

Last edited:
If BM is guilty and doesn’t confess soon, I think we are in for a long road ahead.

If it was a case of BM killing her in a fit of rage, he likely never realized what his future would be like in trying to “pretend” to be distraught and having people observing his behavior all the time. I would think that carrying that burden of guilt would make him crack and confess at some point soon.

For someone like Patrick Frazee, going on with life would be a piece of cake. He planned things out in his mind for so long. He just never realized how stupid he was.

Yeah. I do think if this was a crime of passion (which I am leaning towards), then there is hope that the stress will lead to a positive development. I’m not confident it will happen though.

Frazee is sociopath who committed premeditated murder. Hell, he was able to eat Thanksgiving dinner with his family while Kelsey’s battered and bloody body sat in a box outside.

Agree.

I saw nothing feminine about that home. Looked like a hunting lodge. Period. Looked liked Suzanne had nothing to do with the home at all.
We're on the same page. Maybe there are other rooms that have a feminine touch that we haven't seen, who knows. I agree, it does look like a hunting lodge. Although like I said, many homes around here have a similar look, and many women hunt around here, too. I've seen deer heads in bedrooms on the wall behind the bed- um, no thank you, lol!

I am just squeamish about stuff like this. Again, no judgment on anyone's tastes. Whatever floats your boat. That's what makes us individuals.

I think the only thing staged in this case is the bike and whatever else was found near the bike related to Suzanne. JMO
Excellent points. That px in mate bdrm bothered me, did not really look that closely at all rooms, just the general uncluttered house. It was definitely prepped for at least the video...
Jayme Kloss was missing for 88 days and she had LE and the FBI looking for her. She had to rescue herself. :eek:
Yes, that right there is the reason for a smidgeon of hope. MOO I believe SM is smart enough that under even remotely similar circumstances, she could adapt to the situation. I am also reminded of the 3 girls imprisoned for years(Cleveland, Cincinnati?)

Zillow: Posting Private Financial Info?
@Lilypad13 :) bbm sbm Re Zillow's "Est. refi payment $ 3784/mo"

Imo,* that's an est'ed paymt based on a hypothetical borrower, not based on actual owner's original loan or re-fi, so those $ figures Zillow or affiliates posted are not private.
As to Zillow's "$ 750,000" figure in 'sold' column in May 2019, that may be:
---
actual sales price** at closing (likely, imo) or
--- most recent asking price before sale closed (asking price could be higher or lower than sales price). Not so likely imo.**

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* After clicking on "Est. payment" I got a dialog box showing "pre-qualify" and leading to a calculator to "buy a home" and "refinance my home." Find a Local Mortgage Lender for a Home Loan or Refinance | Zillow. So $3784 payment is not specific to them.

{{ :)Detail/bonus info ;) which may or may not be on the final this semester. ;) :rolleyes:

** In some states, residential sales prices are available as public record to anyone requesting from a county official. Laws in several states require sellers to provide county assessor w affidavit showing "full consideration paid" but also prohibit assessor from making public the $ info on these affidavits. }}

Oops thanks for info. I looked up our home on Zillow that we purchased three years ago and it had the correct purchase price but no mtg payment info. I was just thinking maybe there was no record of a mtg in Co because they somehow combined it. I had sticker shock at a $3,700 mtg payment but I live in the South so home prices aren’t as high. For 1.5 million dollars where we live we could buy a castle! Lol

BBM:

I gotta be honest:

If I won the lottery next week and had 1.75 mil to drop on a house, the last thing I'd be looking for is something with that rustic, "I shot Bambi's Daddy" look they have going on in that there Colorado spread.

I'm sure there are some women who love that style.
Like art, architectural taste is subjective.
Right, @otto?

But I didn't see any FB pics of SM hunting.
She may have loved that house.
But then again, she may not have...in fact, she may not have been the one who wanted to move out to CO in the first place.

We don't know what we don't know.

I do wonder if she was homesick for Indiana, and her friends/family back there.

JMO.

I don't believe for a minute that SM embraced the move to Colorado to a hamlet of less than 200 people. At least in Indiana she was maybe 15 miles from a large urban area. That had perhaps family and friends of her own.

I just hope that we hear something soon. As so much time passes, the less I believe that Suzanne Morphew is still alive. My heart goes out to her family.
Me too. It’s so sad that someone could be here one day and gone the next. She is gone possibly off this Earth and life just goes on even though she has just disappeared. It’s not fair and it’s not right and it’s making me very angry that someone could possibly get away with this!! How can someone be so evil?!!

JUST AN OPINION:
I don't know how close to, or over, the line this is, but but in social posts blaming BM, the responses all express sensitivity to the daughters and SM - nothing for BM. I just find that quite telling. The only person not defended is the person who, at this point, was slandered. I mean if this all happened to one of your friend's families, wouldn't you say "how dare you accuse so-and-so?" It's like everyone close to this thing already knows what happened and wasn't surprised.

It looks like they did build the Colorado house, taking out the initial permit in 2008. The older daughter would have been nine years old.
In my opinion, the contrary stories are just so much hooey. Just because someone says it, and someone prints it; doesn't necessarily prove it's accurate or factual. IMO

The link lands on the search site. You have to go on their own from there. All of the information needed for search is in the picture provided here.
Building Department Permit Search Home

Look at the Tax Assessor's database for a more complete story.
If that loaded link doesn't work, go here: Chaffee Colorado Assessor Office
Accept the disclaimer.
Search on last name of the owner.
You get the history of the site.

Not sure how they had a building permit in 2008 but maybe they were part of the trust that owned it. One thing to consider is that the entire building permit history of that house is not available online. Maybe the county pulled it because people were being nosy, or someone typod something. If you look at any other address, you see every permit that was pulled and when it passed inspection - electrical, framing, etc. For comparison, on the permit search just enter PUMA PATH in the address field, nothing else, and you get a nearby house and you can see all of the permits.

I am totally confounded by this case. I can't understand why the family is not reaching out to the media concerning SM's disappearance. So, I assume that it is one of two reasons: Police know what happened and are working to prove it; or the family suspects/knows that SM is alive and willingly disappeared.

I agree with you. The frog that lives in my garden pond disappeared yesterday, and I can't stop talking about it to anyone who will listen (which may be a side effect of being cooped up the past two months). I can't imagine being quiet if one of my loved ones was missing!!

This case just feels to me like it has some parallels to the Barbara Thomas disappearance and subsequent activities of those close to her. I was really sure that one would be cracked quickly, but nothing yet. It’s just heartbreaking that people vanish and life just goes on for some.

I’ve said it before, but my sister, her husband, friends, and I all put out way more effort and publicity when their cat went missing for a week. I realize that in this case, LE may have asked people not to muddy the waters but I’m amazed that there wasn’t at least an initial flurry of activity from friends or family. It’s deeply puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?