IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article talks about the POI, who is from Waterloo. Look familiar to anybody? He would have been around 15-16 when the girls disappeared, so probably too young.
2 missing from Chino Valley presumed dead, third man 'person of interest,' police say
Unsure if it is okay to post his pic on this thread, but he certainly seems to try and switch up his "look", imo, speculation.
15-16 yrs, not too young wrt Ec &LC, imo, just about the right age imo, speculation, fwiw..
Mitchell Minks - بحث Google

Yes, he started that ID program after Lizzy and Lyric went missing. His wife is a cousin to the girls.

His intentions are admirable but someone is leading him back to the milk carton days when the American public was led to believe that there were two million children missing in this country. Then when the FBI revealed that there were less than 100 stranger abductions every year the design of the milk cartons changed.

I wonder how many parents who signed up the kits realized that they aren’t designed to find children. The purpose is to identify bodies that have lain in the woods for a year or have been fished out of rivers and lakes.

His intentions are admirable but someone is leading him back to the milk carton days when the American public was led to believe that there were two million children missing in this country. Then when the FBI revealed that there were less than 100 stranger abductions every year the design of the milk cartons changed.

I wonder how many parents who signed up the kits realized that they aren’t designed to find children. The purpose is to identify bodies that have lain in the woods for a year or have been fished out of rivers and lakes.
Maybe not admirable? The reason it's being brought up is because this same person and his adult son were recently arrested on child sexual abuse charges. They are related to Lizzy and Lyric and live nearby, in Dubuque, IA.

I think a lot of people kind of know that in the back of their minds, but it's not something you want to talk about or think about. I remember a lot of people doing them after 9/11 and saying kind of the same thing, but the unspoken truth was, "In case they have to identify remains after a terrorist attack." Which was also very unlikely, but "just in case."

I am watching this one as he is being looked at as possibly being involved in the murder of Tammy Zywicki, who was from my area - Burlington County, NJ.

Remember her case, well , I recall they had a VERY good suspect in that case, who passed away before he was ever interviewed, since then it has been a cold case,

ID KITS: Event In Memory Of Cousins

“An older cousin of the two murdered girls, Chris Stechman, says it helps keep Lyric and Elizabeth’s memory alive while helping other families.

Stechman said the numbers that go missing every year hit close to home.“
https://who13.com/news/id-kits-free-event-in-memory-of-evansdale-cousins/amp/

Maybe not admirable? The reason it's being brought up is because this same person and his adult son were recently arrested on child sexual abuse charges. They are related to Lizzy and Lyric and live nearby, in Dubuque, IA.
A few days prior to the abductions, Lyric had spent time with an older cousin. Was one of the Stechmans that older cousin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member