Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you IMAGINE talking that calmly about A MOUNTAIN LION DRAGGING YOUR SPOUSE UP A HILL? “They drag their prey up...” that’s your WIFE! The mother of your children!! It’s only been a couple of weeks!
bbm
Interesting term to use for one's wife, certainly.
And no, I cannot imagine.

Not sensing any rage or hate here, though.
Just a brisk coldness and no sympathy.
Back to business and life goes on.
That type of mindset.
Imo.

I watched the video, not sure what to think, but did notice two things:

He doesnt appear to have a wedding band on (40 sec mark of video). Not sure if he normally wears one or not (SM has a big rock). Not sure if that means anything, simply an observation.

Also, the exaggerations. As mentioned, 400 deployments? Did he say they searched a 200 mile radius? If I remember geometry correctly, isn't that around 125,000 square miles? Um, not possible. Not at all.

Beyond that I lean more toward not believable, but without a baseline it's hard to know...MOO
There is a picture in maps and timeline that shows his left arm around his wife. He has a wedding ring on.

I have fallen behind. Need help. Can someone link me to the baggies/handwriting in discussion. Also, the "live" link takes me to a Vallow discussion. Has the Morphew discussion started?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

But I’ll tell you one thing, if my wife was missing, I wouldn’t give a damn about any of it.

You’d see me on tv so much that you’d get sick of me. Because when a loved one is missing, it is not about you.

I can’t fathom putting myself first, and making the choice to protect myself, over the life of my missing loved one. That wouldn’t occur to me.

Incidentally, it also doesn’t occur to the vast majority of people in these situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
LE isn’t ready to declare BM’s innocence. Strange. If it wasn’t real life, I’d describe the plot as fascinating. I know what I want to believe but I just can’t be sure.
It could be a situation like many others where they cant include/exclude anyone as a suspect until they have more info/evidence. This case draws similarties from several cases and definitely has my mind curious.

When asked how long she had been missing, BM pauses for a long moment then talks with detail about why he was in Denver. That, to me, is a strange answer.
YES I caught this too! I thought my internet was dragging at that point so I replayed it again and again.

No dragging.....he was stalling.

Last edited:
When asked how long she had been missing, BM pauses for a long moment then talks with detail about why he was in Denver. That, to me, is a strange answer.

Yikes. Nothing about what she might have done the day before, last contact with him, daughters, etc, how she was when he last saw her (did they kiss goodbye, was she looking forward to a quiet day to herself, etc), or what she was supposed to have been doing on Sunday. Nothing about when he actually left to go to Denver. With all of the detail he gave about other topics, why no detail here? Devil's advocate, again, maybe LE is instructing not to discuss those topics, but I don't know. That definitely makes me go hmmmm...

Absolutely. But I’ll tell you one thing, if my wife was missing, I wouldn’t give a damn about any of it.

You’d see me on tv so much that you’d get sick of me. Because when a loved one is missing, it is not about you.

I can’t fathom putting myself first, and making the choice to protect myself, over the life of my missing loved one. That wouldn’t occur to me.

Incidentally, it also doesn’t occur to the vast majority of people in these situations.
Molly Tibbetts dad comes to mind. LE was quiet, but her dad was everywhere he possibly could be.

Absolutely. But I’ll tell you one thing, if my wife was missing, I wouldn’t give a damn about any of it.

And if LE told you not to, you’d still go on TV every minute of the day? We’ve been given more clues that LE has asked family *not* to speak publicly about this disappearance than we have been given clues suggesting BM is refusing to. Why is that, I wonder.

There are lots of quotes from the tape that are being used to cast doubt on BM. However, when BM refers to the second ‘item’, where it was found, and LE not telling him what that item is... BM appears quite believable and legit

And if LE told you not to, you’d still go on TV every minute of the day? We’ve been given more clues that LE has asked family *not* to speak publicly about this disappearance than we have been given clues suggesting BM is refusing to. Why is that, I wonder.
Could it be possible the media has been asked/told not to interview the family? For what reason I couldn’t speculate but I doubt they would want to risk future cooperation from the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa