Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
BM is very down to earth, very honest and not phony. I just feel very sorry for him. This is a tragedy. IMO someone threw her bike down there! They grabbed her and took her. The sheriff SHOULD have gotten DNA from the bike put it in the familial DNA and tried for a match. <modsnip: Nobody knows what the Sheriff did or didn't do> :(
How do you know what LE has done or not done? It hasn’t been made public, so none of us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots we don’t know about the investigation on this. What if her stock bike gear (gloves, helmet, etc) were found/identified in the house? That would make things interesting, wouldn’t it?

Yes, I find it very interesting that LE has not published a description of these items in a missing person case. They should be easy to describe, even if no one saw her that day. And they would be potentially very helpful in finding a missing person. Mountain lions don’t usually eat helmets.

BBM
To whom should his video have been directed if it had been an animal attack? :p
He has given three possible scenarios. He made the video for the one that would respond to the reward.

I would not consider this MSM. :confused:

Tyson admits in his first video (the prequel to the interview) that he hoped to talk to BM. So your feeling is correct, IMO. :)

Sounds to me like he may have been giving his lawyers defense approach.

Audio only interviews given by family spokesperson TN on May 13, 14 have aged off the main feed of local media networks but were compiled by popular crime youtuber on May 29.

Google Search:

Barry Morphew copied what nephew Trevor Noel said about Suzanne Morphew in ~3 interviews

Yes, I find it very interesting that LE has not published a description of these items in a missing person case. They should be easy to describe, even if no one saw her that day. And they would be potentially very helpful in finding a missing person. Mountain lions don’t usually eat helmets.
Yeah, that was kinda my turning point, Aqua bike helmets w/ lion mauling, should be pretty visible, easily foundIMO

But who really believes that LE trained searchers essentially handpicked by the Sheriff would touch the bike with their bare hands? Disturb the bike? They leave bodies in place without touching a thing until forensics is done collecting evidence surrounding the body.

BBM ^^^ YES! @Seattle1 Exactly. Couldn’t agree more. This was not their first investigation.

We don't know what LE has done but it's probably not likely they would have found DNA on it unless there was blood, sweat, or some other bodily fluids on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a familiar match, but if you mean Suzanne's family, I doubt it would prove anything because anyone in her family could have handled the bike.

Imo
No familial dna from someone (unknown person)who touched her bike, not Suzanne's family

BBM
To whom should his video have been directed if it had been an animal attack? :p
He has given three possible scenarios. He made the video for the one that would respond to the reward.

I would not consider this MSM. :confused:

Tyson admits in his first video (the prequel to the interview) that he hoped to talk to BM. So your feeling is correct, IMO. :)

Sounds to me like he may have been giving his lawyers defense approach.
Wow I didn’t see THAT happening today! I have watched the video five times now. First of all why in the world would he talk to some random guy he doesn’t even know without his lawyer? Didn’t BM drive right by TD in his truck and see him looking around and walking down the road while recording himself talking on his phone? And if you are out searching for your wife and you see an unknown man snooping around near your property wouldn’t your first thought be what if he had something to do with Suzanne’s disappearance? What if he is the “kidnapper” returning to the scene of the crime?! If your wife is missing for this long wouldn’t you be suspicious of every stranger and turning to look in every car that drives by? This is horrible and I’m sorry but my first impression was that he didn’t seem as smart as I thought he was - maybe it was his grammar. And he looked like he was walking with a limp but maybe it was the angle of the hidden camera. BM asked him to put his phone away (but not to turn it off - lol) but the funny thing was at the end when TD was giving BM his phone number and he said his phone was in the car charging. Didn’t BM already see his phone in the beginning when he asked him to put it away? Bwa ha ha! So why take the time in the first place to walk this guy you have no idea who he is up a hill to where the bike was found and go into all those scenarios? He was speaking very rapidly and animatedly without any emotion for his wife - only criticism for LE. And the way he said CAT was creepy and the way he said she might have been disoriented and “got in the river.” He said cats drag their prey up the mountain so why aren’t you up there looking then with your “private people“ you hired instead of driving around with your Mommy who might be the only woman who will still talk to you (btw she seemed irritated like she was wondering why her son was being such a dumbass talking to this man for so long). I tend to be very untrusting by nature and maybe I’m jaded but that was just odd behavior. BM seemed anxious and nervous. If you can tell all that to a stranger then why couldn’t he give more info in his plea or an interview with MSM? I’m sure his attorney will s%#! a b*#^% over that video! You can see where they are going with his defense if they don’t find a body. I agree with what some of ya’ll (bad grammar myself) have been saying about LE taking their time and collecting evidence and making him sweat AND giving him the rope to gang himself with. Very interesting that right off they wouldn’t even tell him what the other “article” was? I wish TD would have asked BM if her phone was found at home and if so did LE have it? I also wish he asked about that job site where they were digging. Oh well he did a very good job for an impromptu interview alone with a very large man with a known temper. I was so worried BM was going to see him adjusting the phone. I could have done without the fake empathy though. Oh I also found myself wondering if BM could have been drinking. His mannerisms remind me of someone from my past who was a functioning alcoholic. This is just purely my own speculation and kind of wondering out loud about that. I wish we could have seen how far from the road the bike was found or heard from BM if the bike was damaged like some kind of collision/accident occurred or was it just lying on its side like someone (wink wink) just left it there. I agree that the video makes you realize just how close to the house the bike was found and not off on a trail. And all that talk and gesturing towards different “triangles“ that were searched. I would say the best place NOT to search would be the trail where BM suggested he go search! BM asking him if he was an outdoorsman? And mentioning the reward right away? There is so much there. I can’t wait to read the opinions from experts on here. Well that’s MOO of this video. I’m looking forward to reading what everyone has to say. And his voice sounds so familiar it’s driving me crazy who does he sounds like? Maybe someone famous? It will come to me!
Spot on I could not have said it better myself.

So we've searched -- it's never gonna hurt to to retrace searches -- so we've searched a 200 mile radius. All of the mountains have been covered so far......
Bwahahahaha! 200-mile radius. In Colorado. All the mountains in that space. o_O
I'm in tears laughing: no emoji will cover this absurdity.
BM is what the prosecutor in the Arias case called a "florid liar": when it comes to lying, the more detail, the better, even if it's ludicrous.
I'll bet the same technique resulted in a friend with 400 tours of duty. BM could have said "many" or "a lot", instead we get a pointless detail that's laughable.
And then he keeps piling on with other details.....
He's also trying to make clear he has people on his side...

BM is very down to earth, very honest and not phony. I just feel very sorry for him. This is a tragedy. IMO someone threw her bike down there! They grabbed her and took her. The sheriff SHOULD have gotten DNA from the bike put it in the familial DNA and tried for a match. <modsnip: Nobody knows what the Sheriff did or didn't do> :(

You seem like a very kind, fair minded compassionate person and I just wanted to tell you that I respect your opinion and your bravery in standing up for what you believe is right. If I were on trial for murder I would want you on my jury!! Speaking of jury selection and obviously putting the cart before the horse here but it might be challenging and crucial for the defense. IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
I respectfully disagree that this is necessarily a red flag. I think small business owners, to some extent, are "married" to their business and it does require a certain degree of flexibility with the family to deal with that. Add to that how we're living under COVID (where every day pretty much feels the same), the idea of taking a different day/time to celebrate or being apart on Mother's Day, especially if the daughters were supposed to be back in time to spend the day with their mom, it just doesn't strike me as implausible.
You make a good point..thank you.

But who really believes that LE trained searchers essentially handpicked by the Sheriff would touch the bike with their bare hands? Disturb the bike? They leave bodies in place without touching a thing until forensics is done collecting evidence surrounding the body.

This statement by BM is what really firms him up as a suspect for me. Not for one second do I believe LE mishandled evidence like this bike. Instead, BM is already thinking of ways to discredit this piece of evidence should there be a trial.

C’mon, seriously. Your wife is missing, but you’re concerned with how evidence is collected? Why? My first thought would be that my partner is injured, stumbled away from the bike, and is laying somewhere unseen. It would take solid evidence to even get me thinking of abduction.

IMO he doesn't come across as very humble. AFAIK, this is the 2nd time we have heard him say anything. And right off he mentions the $210,000 reward to Ty, just like he did the first time he spoke. He seems disconnected from the situation. This is his wife of 32 years and neither time has he spoken about his pain or fear of what may have happened to her or talked directly to any kidnapper begging that she not be hurt. Talk like she means something to you, BM. Just me but I'd rather hear those words instead of how much money you are offering for her return. JMO.
Wow, was Suzanne only 17 when she was married? I did not know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member