Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

So, here's what I heard:

According to BM, the girls called the neighbor after they texted SM to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and didn't hear anything back from her. The neighbor then went to the house and saw that SM's vehicle was at the house but her bike was missing.

She (whoever "she" is) then called HIM on Sunday to say they were a little concerned.

Is that what other people heard him say?
I wonder where her bike was supposed to be, when the neighbour confirmed it was gone.

I assume it was kept in the garage. Did the neighbour have the code to the garage? Or was there a window to see into the garage to confirm the bike was gone?

ring.JPG
I am pretty sure I saw a wedding ring. I tried to screenshot around the 1:29 mark. Looks like a gold band is visible on the underside of the hand.

Ok, take back what I said. Agree. Thanks for catching that as it's so important to keep an open mind, and change our minds.

Screenshots from previous posts to compare

weddingring.JPG Noweddingring.JPG

^^^^^ yes! What in the world is he doing, wet, shirtless, on the side of the road, with his mom in the truck? Crazy! I hope LE takes a look around that area again. Moo
I agree.
I think he went out there to look for something he may have lost from his previous outing(s). He may have taken his mom with him to look less suspicious and to calm his nerve.

He was then caught off guard by running into a 'stranger' unexpectedly. Off balanced, he made poor decision to talk in detail, perhaps revealing too much, knowing the stranger may be recording the conversation.

ADMIN NOTE:

Regarding the TD interview with BM ... DWAP and TD are not the subject of this discussion. The video was allowed only because it was an interview with BM. Please discuss the questions TD asked and what BM had to say in the video and forego opinions about TD and/or DWAP.

Thank you.

I wonder where her bike was supposed to be, when the neighbour confirmed it was gone.

I assume it was kept in the garage. Did the neighbour have the code to the garage? Or was there a window to see into the garage to confirm the bike was gone?

This florid detail from BM is especially absurd. How is a neighbor (or anyone) supposed to conclude that "her bike is gone"? It could have been in thousands of places on that property (including getting tinkered on in the basement, drying outside after a bath). And then to follow up with her bike is gone from that spot, therefore she's gone.
Think of it this way:
Bikers, do your neighbors know what exact spot you keep your red bike in? So they'd conclude you hadn't returned from a bike ride if it wasn't in that spot?
No? I thought not.....
BM is full of baloney.

Bwahahahaha! 200-mile radius. In Colorado. All the mountains in that space. o_O
I'm in tears laughing: no emoji will cover this absurdity.
BM is what the prosecutor in the Arias case called a "florid liar": when it comes to lying, the more detail, the better, even if it's ludicrous.
I'll bet the same technique resulted in a friend with 400 tours of duty. BM could have said "many" or "a lot", instead we get a pointless detail that's laughable.
And then he keeps piling on with other details.....
He's also trying to make clear he has people on his side...
@RickshawFan. It appears that you are quoting my post inaccurately. In this case, I believe it's the transcript of BM's interview with youtuber. When you quote only a portion of a post, you need to indicate just that by adding SBM (snipped by me) to your post to clearly indicate who/what you are quoting. Thanks for your courtesy.

This florid detail from BM is especially absurd. How is a neighbor (or anyone) supposed to conclude that "her bike is gone"? It could have been in thousands of places on that property (including getting tinkered on in the basement, drying outside after a bath). And then to follow up with her bike is gone from that spot, therefore she's gone.
Think of it this way:
Bikers, do your neighbors know what exact spot you keep your red bike in? So they'd conclude you hadn't returned from a bike ride if it wasn't in that spot?
No? I thought not.....
BM is full of baloney.

Exactly this. And does the family have just one bike? If the neighbor looked for a bike, she’d need to know the color at least. We have two black bikes so even telling someone the color wouldn’t narrow down which bike was missing.

I feel terrible for the neighbor. An innocent pawn dragged into this situation. What’s even worse is that the daughters were probably supposed to be the ones to come home first and find mom was missing.

YES! Remember that the definition of a sociopath or psychopath (think Ted Bundy) includes ALL of the positive words many have used to describe BM based on this brief video--charming, good guy, intelligent, go getter, friendly, etc.

Of course, BM is going to be personable and charming and on his best behavior right now. Note that we can't see much body language, and IF he is a guy that would hurt SM, he's the kind of person who would be cool, calm and collected and a decent liar. He's in the fight of his life (esp if he hurt SM). Note that I'm saying "if."

It was actually odd to me how chummy he was with a stranger--exchanging phone numbers?! Really? BM said they had plenty of help and LE doesn't want random searchers.

Imagine if his CHILD was missing and not his spouse. Would his casual demeanor have seemed appropriate (esp the lion comment). It was SO obvious to me that he was trying to take control of the narrative and distract attention away from himself. He's smart, but not as smart as he thinks he is, and those of us who have followed true crime for years or are interested in psychology have seen variations on the following tactics/behaviors so many times:

a) imply that the crime scene was contaminated b) explain why no evidence might remain if there was a lion attack, c) speak calmly about his wife being ripped to pieces and eaten alive, d) bring up the idea of a wreck AND a river that took SM far off the road, e) criticize law enforcement, f) contradict LE and persist with theories that they've discredited, g) make completely impossible claims regarding his team's search efforts, h) align himself with "the good guys" by bringing up his military hero friend who's helping out.

My goodness, he was masterful. He could not have fit in any more deflection if he'd tried.

We've gotten used to total idiots commiting these types of crimes over the past few years, then making laughable public statements (Leticia Stauch, Chris Watts, and a few others that I can't remember at the moment.) Let's not confuse BMs above average intelligence, confidence, and ability to string a coherent sentence together with innocence. Just sayin' ;-). .

You've summed up my thoughts exactly! Great post!

I know exactly where my bike is and any serious biker does. I could easily tell a neighbor to go check the side of the garage for a blue bike. Do people really think you just leave your bike wherever... like a 10 year old? There are things to be legitimately suspicious about but when people grasp at straws, it gets ridiculous. Fury without any thought.

Notice in the video he didn’t bring up LE breaking up the cement and sifting through the dirt at his job site? Why would they tell him what they found of Suzanne's if they think he’s involved? JMO I think he’s the one LE if focusing on and suspected after they found something and perhaps he changed his stories a few times. I just having a feeling when LE used luminal in the house it lit up like a light bulb. I wonder after BMs truck was searched and returned if LE put a little GPS tracker hidden underneath the truck to track his every movement in the vehicle. Sometimes perps visit where they disposed of the bodies. JMO MOO

I Just watched the video of Barry, being somewhat interviewed ...and this is my moopinion. It is just way to convenient for that guy to just walk up to Barry and start chatting. Its almost like they know each other (wink wink).. I think it was a set-up between the both of them. Barry just happened to be right around the corner from that guy. The guy doing the camera work didn't seem to be worried at all...wonder why? I could be way off base on this ...just a thought

Just my moopinion

Daily Mail aggressively haunting the area, a press gaggle with 2ft video Tele lenses parked for 3 days at the property dig, interviewers talking to anyone that will talk to them, knocking on neighbor doors contacting the girls friends' parents and on and on.
MOO not surprising this earwig ended up crossing paths with BM at the site of her disappearance.
MOO returning to her last known location is totally normal and he may do it everyday for the rest of his llfe.
Statistics say he is most likely suspect, but he also may be innocent there is no way to tell from this video.

It was sickening to hear Tyson Draper lie to BMs face and then call him "Brother."

MOO but the lack of public searches by LE combined with no pleas to the public by LE tells me that LE is VERY busy with other searches...electronic searches.

Whose phone pinged where and when?
Whose phones were talking to each other and when?
Whose phones pinged near each other?

And I’m talking about digital searches going back earlier than May 8.

It takes time to obtain a search warrant for phones, serve it, get the data, review the data, and finally, find data that corroborates other data.

The quiet from LE isn’t because they are bumbling stooges. The primary suspect wants the public to think this is true but that same suspect isn’t nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

MOO

I agree.
I think he went out there to look for something he may have lost from his previous outing(s). He may have taken his mom with him to look less suspicious and to calm his nerve.

He was then caught off guard by running into a 'stranger' unexpectedly. Off balanced, he made poor decision to talk in detail, perhaps revealing too much, knowing the stranger may be recording the conversation.

I was corrected about his mother being with him when he was seen the first time, wet, without a shirt. Evidently he was alone in the first video, which makes it seem even more nefarious . Sorry that I did not edit my original post . Mo

No familial dna from someone (unknown person)who touched her bike, not Suzanne's family
If they don't know who the perpetrator is but they have a DNA sample, they usually check to see if it's a match to another criminal they have in their system. (CODIS)

I would think looking for familial DNA would be a last resort and something they might do much later on in an investigation, since it can take a long time and can be very expensive.

From the video, is an auto-generated (by YouTube) transcript. I had no idea that YouTube did that and you can find such by going into settings on a video! Thanks.

Source https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3w9J3l2wDo

00:00

my name's tyson draper from i'm from

00:02

arizona

00:04

um so what happened okay yeah

00:08

you might put that in here oh not a

00:09

problem no it's not on bro

00:13

we've had a lot of you here

00:29

it's never gonna hurt to to retrace dirt

00:32

so we've searched a 200 mile radius

00:36

what really all of the mountains have

00:38

been covered

00:39

so far but obviously we're gonna miss

00:42

things

00:43

right let me show you what happened

00:47

um and i do have a reward

00:51

there is a reward 210 000. um

01:00

the bike was found at the bottom of the

01:02

hill by that tree

01:03

where the peak was oh really um

01:06

the first night there was a mountain

01:08

lion the officer seen it walk by the car

01:11

so we thought maybe she got

01:12

attacked by a lion we thought maybe she

01:14

wrecked

01:16

coming down this hill car coming around

01:17

the corner fast and maybe was

01:19

disoriented and got in the river

01:21

we've covered all of this really good

01:24

this triangle with search and rescue

01:28

so we're pretty comfortable that

01:32

this is not in this triangle between the

01:34

rv park

01:35

your truck this road and then the next

01:39

road

01:41

but what seems to have happened

01:45

from the investigators and they don't

01:47

give much when i've got

01:49

private people working for me is maybe

01:52

she was abducted right here

01:54

and they found an article

01:58

going west of hers they won't tell us

02:01

what it is

02:02

so they sent another team after they

02:05

found the article

02:07

that covered this hillside all the way

02:09

down to the river

02:10

pretty good my concerns were

02:16

this way and that way if it was the cat

02:20

because the cats they dragged their prey

02:23

up

02:24

the mountain and out of people's

02:27

we can't find sign for the cat but we

02:28

got rain like right away yeah

02:31

washed away sign so they found our bike

02:34

just right against that tree down well

02:37

no he was on the ground

02:38

oh the wheel was facing and the uh

02:41

sheriff's department uh they screwed

02:44

everything up they shouldn't have

02:45

touched it

02:46

that's where it left it it's evidence

02:52

and we had cars over here well the

02:55

sheriff let everybody

02:56

drive through here covering all

02:59

or messing up all the evidence they were

03:02

walking all over this area

03:04

which if somebody abducted her they

03:06

would have had foot tracks

03:08

they would have fingerprints on the bike

03:10

and now they let ten other people touch

03:12

the bike

03:13

oh man i mean we was really upset that

03:15

first night

03:16

i was in denver so all you were i didn't

03:18

get here until nine o'clock that night

03:21

yeah and my friend's an army ranger and

03:24

he knows this stuff better than anybody

03:26

he did 400 tours in

03:27

iraq afghanistan

03:43

so you don't know where that article was

03:45

though was it by the road or

03:47

they won't even they won't say huh

03:51

well barry i'm glad you filled me in man

03:54

um

03:54

i was

04:04

i was hoping i'd run into you because

04:08

i can't even imagine

04:26

um

04:41

you because i mean you got to look at

04:43

especially in colorado there's been so

04:45

many cases

04:46

where like patrick frazee christopher

04:48

watts

04:49

you know these guys get on there and

04:51

they they act like

04:53

you know they didn't do anything and so

04:54

they i mean

04:56

naturally people are going to be

04:58

skeptical in the beginning

05:00

you know but you just came to help

05:04

yeah yeah i was in uh the pagosa springs

05:07

area and i i've been kind of hearing

05:09

about this and

05:10

so i thought i'd just come help man and

05:12

what can i do for you bro

05:14

um we've got a good group of friends and

05:16

stuff uh the best thing that you could

05:18

do

05:19

if you're a hiker and you're an

05:20

outdoorsman yeah just

05:22

get out there and cover something okay

05:24

yeah find something if you find anything

05:27

don't touch it take a picture of it give

05:29

it to the police

06:03

okay we've covered i had uh

06:06

school friends come the first few days

06:10

so we had a bunch of guys that covered

06:13

that

06:14

up from there up in there but the only

06:16

thing this is a tough one and

06:17

my friends

06:23

let me ask you a quick question so you

06:26

were in denver but how long

06:28

how long before somebody noticed that

06:31

she was gone and

06:32

well it was mother's day um

06:42

we had two daughters that were coming

06:43

home from the trip

06:46

and i had a job in denver that

06:50

i wanted to get started on on sunday set

06:52

it up for my work because my workers

06:53

were coming in sunday night works

06:56

monday but the owner i wanted to get

06:59

everything lined up so that

07:04

so i told my wife

07:29

and said listen this mother's day i'm a

07:32

little worried

07:33

and when you go check the house and your

07:35

neighbor wouldn't check the house

07:37

you saw that her car was there she

07:40

called me

07:40

and then said hey was this a little

07:57

man i can't imagine what you're going

07:58

through but it sounds like you got a

08:00

really good support system

08:01

yeah and uh do you want me to leave my

08:04

number or anything and

08:05

in case you need me i'll be here for the

08:06

next

08:08

and then give me your number

08:11

write it down because my phone's

08:12

charging in the truck but um

08:16

just very give me yeah yeah text me your

08:20

number and then if i find anything i

08:21

will uh

08:23

i'll let you know 4-8-0

08:27

4-3-1 5-3

08:31

4-4

08:35

t-y tier

08:46

i can't imagine that are you grandma are

08:48

you out there

08:49

very mom oh barry i i feel for you man

08:52

i appreciate it yeah and if you're

08:54

getting in and what you're doing here

08:56

i appreciate it yeah you person

09:00

oh no no no

09:06

yeah oh they they will barry they will

09:08

and probably the

09:10

the worst is yet to come i hate to say

09:12

that but just ride the storm out man and

09:13

the truth always comes out in the end

09:15

bro

09:15

so hey good to meet you guys take care

09:44

okay well as you can see ladies and

09:45

gentlemen i just had a long conversation

09:49

with barry morphy he told me the whole

09:50

story

09:52

and i met his mom

09:55

and he if you i hope this camera picked

09:57

it up but i got his whole story he told

09:59

me that the bike was discovered right

10:01

over here

10:02

he walked me up this hill and

10:06

he made a little threat there at the end

10:08

i don't know if the camera picked it up

10:09

or not but he said if i'm with the news

10:11

media he's going to come after me

10:14

wow stay tuned everybody this has gotten

10:17

really creepy
Thank you dixiegirl for the transcript!! I took out time stamps to make it more readable. Also deleted TD's phone number.
-------------------------------
my name's tyson draper from i'm from arizona
um so what happened okay yeah
you might put that in here oh not a
problem no it's not on bro
we've had a lot of you here

it's never gonna hurt to to retrace dirt so we've searched a 200 mile radius what really all of the mountains have been covered so far but obviously we're gonna miss things right let me show you what happened
um and i do have a reward there is a reward 210 000. um
the bike was found at the bottom of the hill by that tree where the peak was oh really um the first night there was a mountain lion the officer seen it walk by the car so we thought maybe she got
attacked by a lion we thought maybe she wrecked
coming down this hill car coming around the corner fast and maybe was disoriented and got in the river we've covered all of this really good
this triangle with search and rescue so we're pretty comfortable that
this is not in this triangle between the rv park
your truck this road and then the next road but what seems to have happened
from the investigators and they don't give much when i've got private people working for me is maybe
she was abducted right here and they found an article
going west of hers they won't tell us what it is
so they sent another team after they found the article
that covered this hillside all the way down to the river
pretty good

my concerns were this way and that way if it was the cat
because the cats they dragged their prey up the mountain and out of people's
we can't find sign for the cat but we got rain like right away yeah
washed away sign so they found our bike just right against that tree down well
no he was on the ground oh the wheel was facing and the uh
sheriff's department uh they screwed
everything up they shouldn't have touched it
that's where it left it it's evidence
and we had cars over here well the sheriff let everybody
drive through here covering all
or messing up all the evidence they were walking all over this area which if somebody abducted her they would have had foot tracks
they would have fingerprints on the bike
and now they let ten other people touch the bike

oh man i mean we was really upset that first night
i was in denver so all you were i didn't
get here until nine o'clock that night
yeah and my friend's an army ranger and
he knows this stuff better than anybody
he did 400 tours in iraq afghanistan
so you don't know where that article was
though was it by the road or
they won't even they won't say huh

well barry i'm glad you filled me in man um i was
i was hoping i'd run into you because i can't even imagine um you because i mean you got to look at especially in colorado there's been so many cases
where like patrick frazee christopher watts
you know these guys get on there and they they act like
you know they didn't do anything and so
they i mean naturally people are going to be
skeptical in the beginning
you know but you just came to help
yeah yeah i was in uh the pagosa springs
area and i i've been kind of hearing about this and
so i thought i'd just come help man and
what can i do for you bro

um we've got a good group of friends and
stuff uh the best thing that you could do
if you're a hiker and you're an outdoorsman yeah just
get out there and cover something okay
yeah find something if you find anything
don't touch it take a picture of it give it to the police
okay we've covered i had uh
school friends come the first few days
so we had a bunch of guys that covered that
up from there up in there but the only
thing this is a tough one and my friends
let me ask you a quick question so you
were in denver but how long
how long before somebody noticed that she was gone and

well it was mother's day um
we had two daughters that were coming home from the trip and i had a job in denver that i wanted to get started on on sunday set
it up for my work because my workers
were coming in sunday night works
monday but the owner i wanted to get
everything lined up so that so i told my wife
and said listen this mother's day i'm a little worried
and when you go check the house and your
neighbor wouldn't check the house
you saw that her car was there she called me
and then said hey was this a little
man i can't imagine what you're going
through but it sounds like you got a
really good support system yeah and uh do you want me to leave my number or anything and in case you need me i'll be here for the next
and then give me your number
write it down because my phone's
charging in the truck but um
just very give me yeah yeah text me your
number and then if i find anything i will uh
i'll let you know
t-y tier i can't imagine that are you grandma are
you out there very mom oh barry i i feel for you man
i appreciate it yeah and if you're
getting in and what you're doing here
i appreciate it yeah you person oh no no no
yeah oh they they will barry they will and probably the