Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the Portuguese police totally ruined any chance of finding what happened on day one of the investigation, they just wanted it away from their country so not to harm their tourism. I truly believe had this happened in the UK, USA or even Germany we wouldn’t be here all these years later it would have been solved years ago.

agree!!

My assumption is that he did it in case someone had seen the vehicle and reported it as connected to the crime...it is true though, that if that was the case, PJ would have contacted the person who was now the new 'owner', and they would be a suspect in the abduction! Not a nice thing to do to someone else...there's more to this swap than police have revealed, the fake owner must have been interviewed.

It is possible that the PJ never contacted the new owner in case the new owner was based in Germany and would have passed it on to the German police. Could have got lost in the fax machine etc. After all most of the police work s in local language

not many people leave all their stuff behind when moving. you would have to be in a rush to leave?
2005: living in portugal
2005: 5 september 10:30pm. rape of 72 year old in her holiday apt in Praia da Luz. planned in detail according to court documents.
2006: leaves farm property, leaves personal items in farm property.
In 2006, while trying to steal diesel fuel with an acquaintance, they were arrested and later sent to prison. After his release, he returned to Germany and finally moved back to Portugal, to the same remote house in Praia da Luz, but he returned to Germany regularly.
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

then we have:
2015: germany. living in caravan within disused box factory.
2015: 2 may: inge gehricke goes missing
2015: sells campervan
2015: moves back to portugal
what happened to the caravan? or was 'campervan/caravan' the same thing?
Madeleine McCann suspect investigated over German abduction | Daily Mail Online

• regular trips between germany and portugal.
• if he was arrested and imprisoned in portugal in 2006. his dna would have been on file at that point, wouldn't it? why didn't anyone run a check to see if it matched anything else? the rape case hair was on file in 2005.

Yes, they must have his DNA on file. He certainly moved a lot. I know he was back in Bavaria in 1999. Not sure when he returned to Portugal.

When he was in prison for diesel theft, that’s when his ‘friends’ stole his video camera - maybe be never returned there after this given what they discovered that day.

I keep thinking that there's a link between the calls and the car and not just because the police released the details at the same time. Maybe he was calling the person that the car was going to be registered too?

I read somewhere that the 2005 rape of 72 year old American woman was not an opportunist crime. He had come prepared and that he had cased the apartment where she lived. This man does his preparation so it is possible he cased the MM apartment and planned the kidnapping for days.

It is possible that the PJ never contacted the new owner in case the new owner was based in Germany and would have passed it on to the German police. Could have got lost in the fax machine etc. After all most of the police work s in local language
More likely no one ever saw or reported the Jag anyway.

IMO, if it was this guy, he was potentially an experienced housebreaker, and would make sure no one saw him. To me, the idea that a child abductor would allow himself to be seen, walking around with his victim, is absurd.

To me, this crime is unsolved because no one witnessed it, and it was a snatch and run so there was no crime scene and no evidence left in the room. Wouldn't have mattered if the FBI were on the scene in 15 minutes, there was nothing there to give anybody any clues.

not many people leave all their stuff behind when moving. you would have to be in a rush to leave?
2005: living in portugal
2005: 5 september 10:30pm. rape of 72 year old in her holiday apt in Praia da Luz. planned in detail according to court documents.
2006: leaves farm property, leaves personal items in farm property.
In 2006, while trying to steal diesel fuel with an acquaintance, they were arrested and later sent to prison. After his release, he returned to Germany and finally moved back to Portugal, to the same remote house in Praia da Luz, but he returned to Germany regularly.
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

then we have:
2015: germany. living in caravan within disused box factory.
2015: 2 may: inge gehricke goes missing
2015: sells campervan
2015: moves back to portugal
what happened to the caravan? or was 'campervan/caravan' the same thing?
Madeleine McCann suspect investigated over German abduction | Daily Mail Online

• regular trips between germany and portugal.
• if he was arrested and imprisoned in portugal in 2006. his dna would have been on file at that point, wouldn't it? why didn't anyone run a check to see if it matched anything else? the rape case hair was on file in 2005.

So am I reading it right that he just happened to be in the same country /area when little girls went missing and after each girl had gone missing he swifltly high tailed it out of the country?

So am I reading it right that he just happened to be in the same country /area when little girls went missing and after each girl had gone missing he swiftly high tailed it out of the country?

You are reading it right. I mean, hypothetically, if a child snatcher/killer had the option to do that, to move between countries, it would be quite a sensible thing to do. Living a transient lifestyle under the radar is not unusual in that sort of scenario. Living in a van of some kind is also not unusual. It is easy to see why fingers are pointing and things are stacking up, but time will tell.

I don't know if anyone here follows the William Tyrrell case in Australia, but there are a few similarities Disappearance of William Tyrrell - Wikipedia

RSBM
I don't think we can assume Portugal would have collected and permanently stored DNA from a thief in 2006. I don't know that they even do that now, that's very high tech and expensive for a small country that doesn't have a huge serial killer problem like the US does, plus there are privacy issues about storing DNA that vary in different countries.

Breaking: can confirm however that there is a Diogo Silva with the nunber given by police that works in a cafe in Praia da Luz. Have to say I am really confused why police did not find this out and if they did , why they did not release this info to protect him #MadeleineMcCann

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1268958390849585156?s=21

Sometimes I think he reads on here... if so, hi Mark, feel free to join us!!

If anyone is wondering who HayLouise is quoting, he's an ex-cop turned investigative journalistic and his Tweets crop up regularly on here
Mark Williams-Thomas - Wikipedia

RSBM
I don't think we can assume Portugal would have collected and permanently stored DNA from a thief in 2006. I don't know that they even do that now, that's very high tech and expensive for a small country that doesn't have a huge serial killer problem like the US does, plus there are privacy issues about storing DNA that vary in different countries.

No I meant the DNA from the hair in the rape case.

The Jaguar swap of ownership is puzzling. There would be a official trail and the new owner can therefore be contacted. Was this the alibi that he gave the Portuguese police and they removed him as a suspect. Did he claim that he was in Germany selling the car when in fact he and car were in Portugal all the time and he just fed them a believable lie that they did not follow up on. Maybe German police now know that the car was not sold in Germany, and new owner never knew they were the new owner of the car. Very puzzling indeed. But shrewd idea
I've had another idea about the swap: if this guy is the one, he may have done it so that, if he was questioned (because reported to police as a single male of dubious character living in the area), police would not be able to connect him with the car, they wouldn't be able to forensically test the car, etc.

Is it safe to presume the Linkedin account is fake?

It says he only worked in the café since 2017, so the chances of him having gotten the number in question from whoever the previous owner was, and then coincidentally going to work in a café in the resort seem insanely slim.

Any other explanation?

I think possibly German police believe MM is dead and believe they might know the method, based on CB's skype chat, perhaps not all of it has been released. Obviously, the chat was hypothetical, 'this is what I'd like to do', it wasn't a confession or any kind of proof. But it gives a clue that this person has deliberately worked out a plan for such act, and possibly already put the plan into action.

Madeleine McCann suspect being investigated over second missing girl

This kind of police thinking is very subtle, it's not a 1/2 hour episode of Forensic Files.
good point. one thing that would add to this would be any mention of previously undisclosed details of the MBM case. for instance, that only someone who had been in the apartment would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value