Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
His prior MO from what we know never included murder, and if he is the one it seems he probably did this in panic due to the media when she went missing.

They must have some evidence of her being with him found something in his possession like photos, but no death proof and have assumed she must be dead as he would have had no reason to keep her alive.

Sometimes I think he reads on here... if so, hi Mark, feel free to join us!!

If anyone is wondering who HayLouise is quoting, he's an ex-cop turned investigative journalistic and his Tweets crop up regularly on here
Mark Williams-Thomas - Wikipedia

Thanks -- I did wonder.

Having now read his case review -- it makes some interesting points, but IMO it doesn't seem to predict this present turn of events quite so much as he seems to think it does. Maybe the true-crime audience has just evolved to become more sophisticated in its own knowledge of investigative procedure? Here's the direct link for those who are interested:

https://www.williams-thomas.co.uk/w.../Review-of-Madeleine-McCann-Investigation.pdf

no, sorry! I mean that they have evidence of death (video or otherwise) but need the missing pieces to ascertain him as the murderer. Obviously thinking out loud here

yes I agree with that!

From the other link shared found this article
Madeleine McCann suspect's 'horrifying child abuse fantasies discovered'

"Brueckner, 43, told a friend he wanted to “capture something small and use it for days” in an online chatroom seven years ago, Der Spiegel reports.
He then allegedly said the child would never be found again.
When his friend suggested it would be dangerous, he replied: "Oh, if the evidence is destroyed afterwards."

His apparent confession to a friend that he took Madeleine. He admitted to two offences, the other being the rape of an elderly lady, which was later proven with DNA and he is in jail for it.

With no body the police cannot 'prove' he took or killed Madeleine, so they're frantically appealing for people (the phone caller, the girlfriend etc) to come forward to fill in the missing pieces and hopefully get enough evidence to charge him.

Having said all that, if it's true the police "know" how Madeleine died (and I do wonder if that got lost in translation) then yes, there must be some sort of evidence that we don't yet know about. Wasn't there talk that an acquaintance had seen some tapes of abuse which no longer exist? Perhaps that acquaintance believes he saw images of Madeleine's death. I don't know.

And there was a video he took, of hid raping the 72 yr old widow. He apparently showed his drinking buddy some of that video, when he confessed to the Maddie incident. That video is what made it more believable. JMO

I really hope that something comes of this - but bragging about being the instigator of the most famous abduction in the world whilst having a few drinks with a friend sounds like a case of braggadocio to me

Fingers crossed the police have more than a weak confession/failed alibi to go on
Along with the bragging, he showed video of his rape and torture of the 72 year old woman. That makes the confession more credible. IMO

Now 43, he allegedly told a friend in September 2013 - six years after Madeline vanished - that he wanted "to capture something small and use it for days", and the child would never be found again.

that is horrendous :( I really hope that’s not what happened to Maddie. Sick b*******

Thanks -- I did wonder.

Having now read his case review -- it makes some interesting points, but IMO it doesn't seem to predict this present turn of events quite so much as he seems to think it does. Maybe the true-crime audience has just evolved to become more sophisticated in its own knowledge of investigative procedure? Here's the direct link for those who are interested:

https://www.williams-thomas.co.uk/w.../Review-of-Madeleine-McCann-Investigation.pdf

Very good read. Speaking transparently as an amateur follower here, I never knew the tricky nature of using the cadaver dog signalling as evidence.

Now 43, he allegedly told a friend in September 2013 - six years after Madeline vanished - that he wanted "to capture something small and use it for days", and the child would never be found again.

that is horrendous :( I really hope that’s not what happened to Maddie. Sick b*******

wow that’s upsetting.

This has been widely reported (link below) but also seems to have been removed from some news sites, so I'm guessing the source might be iffy
Madeleine McCann suspect 'fantasised about kidnapping and raping a child'

And there was a video he took, of hid raping the 72 yr old widow. He apparently showed his drinking buddy some of that video, when he confessed to the Maddie incident. That video is what made it more believable. JMO
I wonder whether the victim of that crime knew that she was being filmed.

I followed a case where a child abductor apparently practiced' his first murder by killing an elderly female who lived alone. He told police he chose her because he thought "no one would care". He knew that people would care about a child.

These are sadistic, psychopathic minds.

RSBM
I don't think we can assume Portugal would have collected and permanently stored DNA from a thief in 2006. I don't know that they even do that now, that's very high tech and expensive for a small country that doesn't have a huge serial killer problem like the US does, plus there are privacy issues about storing DNA that vary in different countries.
far point. so i looked it up - 12 February 2008, but it excludes 'persons convicted to not less than three years in prison'. so here we have a good example of why that is no help.
Arguido or No: The Portuguese DNA Database

with no database at inception, the rape case took 13 years to solve. that's more angst for the victim. more police time. so more cost all round.

and with the 'persons convicted to not less than three years in prison' exception, our current suspect's diesel crime would slip through the dna net anyway. not much help for police working a case, when as we are currently seeing, a thief steals diesel, but also commits rape. and with so many offenders, crimes escalate over time.

i assumed that if you are setting up the database, storing of all convicted criminals' dna details would be a given.

there were hairs found, and dna testing in the maddie case. and the current suspect, having been sentenced to 7 years, will now be on the Portuguese database, for the first time. so he can now be cross checked against any samples found in apt5a. or any other unsolved crimes...

ID of German suspect 'more significant,' McCann family spokesman says
"The case was being treated as a suspected murder, German police said in a statement Thursday, adding they had determined the method used to kill McCann. No body has ever been found."

Although they wrote it in the article, I have to repeat again: German police did NOT say that they know that Madeleine is dead and they did NOT say that they know how she died.
This article is quoting the German spokesperson incorrectly. You can look up the full translated transcript in the thread for translated German statements.

Please don't believe everything you read on online news!

Oh god I hope they didn't find a tape, and then again I guess I hope they do ,Prison will be quite uncomfortable for him

As far as we know, they did not find any video tapes of the suspects or any other person raping/killing Madeleine. The video tapes that are talked about were not found as the guys reporting them to police said that they do not longer exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crissam