Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to presume the Linkedin account is fake?

It says he only worked in the café since 2017, so the chances of him having gotten the number in question from whoever the previous owner was, and then coincidentally going to work in a café in the resort seem insanely slim.

Any other explanation?

Sold to another person of the same name from the same area. Incredibly vanishingly smallchance. I think it is the same DS. How he is connected is not known. That is why I asked the questions n. Did the families visit sit his cafe. Innocent question would be.....hello guys how long are you living in Algarve for........info that his German friend would love to know so he can prepare casing the joint.

Is it safe to presume the Linkedin account is fake?

It says he only worked in the café since 2017, so the chances of him having gotten the number in question from whoever the previous owner was, and then coincidentally going to work in a café in the resort seem insanely slim.

Any other explanation?
This person has not been named a suspect or person of interest, please don't name or sleuth him. Anything you find, police will also have found. This crime was committed 13 years ago.

Madeleine McCann suspect 'had moved to Portugal to flee prison sentence' in Germany

''German court documents show that he has served two thirds of that sentence and can be considered for parole from Sunday onwards.

But even if a judge decides to release him on probation for the drugs offence, he will remain in custody over the rape case.''

Does this mean he's not going anywhere Sunday?
The problem is, his attorneys are currently appealing the rape case, over extradition issues. So if he wins on appeal, he will be released early.

I think maybe the cops are releasing all of this info, possibly to convince the judges to find a legal way to keep him incarcerated?

The problem is, his attorneys are currently appealing the rape case, over extradition issues. So if he wins on appeal, he will be released early.

I think maybe the cops are releasing all of this info, possibly to convince the judges to fin a legal way to keep him incarcerated?

Ah so there’s a good chance that they never anticipated going public at this point in the investigation at all?

I think maybe the cops are releasing all of this info, possibly to convince the judges to find a legal way to keep him incarcerated?
I'm feeling like a Negative Nelly today, but police do not convince judges of anything by releasing information to the media. Their lawyers appear formally before a judge in a courtroom, and follow long established legal rules to make a formal request to keep someone in jail. ETA, they then offer reasons based on laws, which judges consider. Judges are not swayed by what they read in the media, if they ever get to that point, so help us, we'll be in big trouble.

I'm feeling like a Negative Nelly today, but police do not convince judges of anything by releasing information to the media. They're lawyers appear formally before a judge in a courtroom, and follow long established legal rules to make a formal request to keep someone in jail.

I think it's a last ditch attempt for someone to come forward with that little nugget of information that will prove or disprove he was involved. In order for it to make the news across Europe, they have to give details and pictures so it makes all the headlines. I have no doubt there are people in Portugal and Germany who have called in information about CB in the last couple of days. Whether any of it is pertinent is anyones guess.

Im thinking they have some sort of media or the murder weapon.

I've just read that he showed someone a video of himself raping the elderly woman. How awful is that? I wonder what makes them think they know HOW she died? This makes me think perhaps there is a video of the scene or some other evidence detailing the what, but not the murderer. :(

Link to where I read that he had a video of himself raping the elderly woman:Madeleine McCann suspect 'had moved to Portugal to flee prison sentence' in Germany

Police have not stated that they know how MM died.

This very helpful translation was posted earlier in this thread, it quotes the German Prosecutor's exact words. He does state that they think MM is dead, no where does he state they know or think they know how.

Once something gets in a tabloid, all the others quote it, true or not.
Translated Transcript for the press conference given by Hans Christian Wolters, Speaker of the Staatsanwaltschaft Braunschweig (Departement of public prosecution Braunschweig) on June 4th 2020, 13:00

"Hello, my Name is Hans Christian Wolters, I am here to give a short statement regarding the ongoing investigation in the missing person case of the British girl Madeleine Beth McCann who vanished on May 3rd 2007 from an apartement complex in Praya de Luz, Portugal. The Departement of public prosecution Braunschweig is investigating a 43 year old German citizen in suspicion of murder. You can conclude that we do think that the girl is dead. The suspect is a repeated sexual offender, who has been charged for child molestation before. Right now he is imprisoned because of a different charge and is serving a sentence of seven years. The suspect was living regulary in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007, amongst others in a house between Lagos and Praya de Luz. As far as we know he worked in different part-time jobs in the area of Lagos, amongst others in gastronomy. Clues suggest that he also committed multiple crimes to finance his living, including break-ins at hotels and holiday flats and drug trafficking. The Departement of puclic prosecution Braunschweig is working on the case, because the suspect was living in the district of Braunschweig before his stay in Portugal. The Bundeskriminalamt (German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation) is working on behalf of the Departement of public prosecution Braunschweig, they are investigating closely with the Metropolitan Police and the portugese PJs. We now ask for the help of the public, a witnessappeal was published on the website of the BKA yesterday. I ask everybody to look at the appeal and help with your statement. Because of the ongoing investigation I can not give any more information, especially regarding details of the criminal charges and previous investigation results. This is the end of my statement, thank you for your attention."
translated by me, someone who is not familiar with juristic terms, I am very sorry for spelling mistakes.

completely agree. Be honest if you think I’m being to quick to jump the gun here, but it all feels final and decided and that they just need to put him there?

I know “feelings” are not facts but I can’t shake it.

Do you mean you think he is a scapegoat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value