Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would BM be given guardianship if he is considered a suspect in the disappearance of SM? Unless LE have officially cleared him, how he could be given guardianship just doesn’t sit comfortably with me.

you know what? it just occurred to me - there is a sense of arrogance and entitlement IMO - and that's all I shall say.

this has exhausted me.

BBM:

oviedo, thank you for sharing so much of your knowledge and expertise re: the legal guardianship filings and related materials, as well as your development of SM's Media thread, with associated maps, timelines, MSM articles, etc.

For those who want a great quick reference to case material, here's SM's Media Thread:
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Your contributions have added tremendously to the fund of knowledge within the group and is helping us to have a much better-informed discussion.

You've been doing a yeoman's work here on SM's case.
It's no wonder you're exhausted.

Thank you again for ALL you do, not just on this case, but on so, so many others!

And I ain't even JMOing this post, on account of I know I'm not alone in expressing these thoughts.

Last edited:
Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife

“Guardianship is the red-headed stepchild of the probate court,” Seal, a senior partner at Kirland & Seal, LLC, added.

Red-headed stepchild here. I really really despise this metaphor. :/

I also REALLY despise what’s happening in this case. I feel absolutely sick. Reading that her family was unaware of these proceedings makes my stomach turn.

JMO

Repeating the obvious. In 99.9% cases, this transaction between a husband and wife is completed by POA and not by special court intervention such as Guardianship.

I believe that any POA that exists between the couple was revoked or is limited because SM had no intention for BM to have complete authority over her joint assets. MOO
Yes and a search of Hamilton County public records could be an excellent research project - they are online....IMO

This is CRAZY! I was snooping on my Ancestry ... and found this when I was looking for SM’s mothers obituary. WTH! Has date of death May 7 and states she was cremated.

So, where can we find a death certificate and how can we verify her supposed cremation?

ETA: I was trying to find CO court records last night. Every site I loaded wanted $ for that information.

There must be some site where this info. is free, correct?

JMVHO.

This looks so sketchy.

If you were buying or selling this house and had organized the financing within that time frame, wouldn't it be pretty easy to put some type of legal hold on the sale for even 90 days or whatever, since one of the owners was missing? I can't see a judge, or a mortgage company even, not being somewhat flexible and at the very least, understanding.

Am I overreacting or is like a huge huge red flag? And a motive? I find it stunning, but is it just me?

And ~800k.

MOO

Repeating the obvious. In 99.9% cases, this transaction between a husband and wife is completed by POA and not by special court intervention such as Guardianship.

I believe that any POA that exists between the couple was revoked or is limited because SM had no intention for BM to have complete authority over her joint assets. MOO

BBM:

I agree, which is why I feel completely sick to my stomach right now.

This court never, never should have approved this guardianship so speedily.

And just because one can never say never enough, I'm gonna' say it again:

Never.

JMO.

Last edited:
Would BM be given guardianship if he is considered a suspect in the disappearance of SM? Unless LE have officially cleared him, how he could be given guardianship just doesn’t sit comfortably with me.
And hopefully this is what the court will decide in September. At this time, it appears that guardianship authority granted is temporary and limited to a real estate transaction that was presented to the court with the petition. MOO

The person who did it has filed 283 memorials on Find A Grave, so she’s not just a one time submitter. I don’t know what to think ... see attached for source information.

And I thought our “hobby” might seem strange to others...posting memorials for murdered people who aren’t your family members? “Forever Grieving”? How depressing. But it’s very sad that this person has had members of their own family murdered. Why did they write May 7th as the day she died? So that would be Thursday before Mother’s Day Sunday? How strange...do you think this person knows something we don’t know? Cremation??? Bizarro. Wonder if it means anything? I sure wouldn’t be happy about it if it was my Mom.

BBM:

oviedo, thank you for sharing so much of your knowledge and expertise re: the legal guardianship filings and related materials, as well as your development of SM's Media thread, with associated maps, timelines, MSM articles, etc.

For those who want a great quick reference to case material, here's SM's Media Thread:
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Your contributions have added tremendously to the fund of knowledge within the group and is helping us to have a much better-informed discussion.

You've been doing a yeoman's work here on SM's case.
It's no wonder you're exhausted.

Thank you again for ALL you do, not just on this case, but on so, so many others!

And I ain't even JMO'ing this post, on account of I know I'm not alone in expressing these thoughts.
it takes a village here at WS but thank you for your kind words @GordianKnot - I am stunned this happened. I 'm not even going to tell the lawyers until Monday because it will extend my workday with their outrage.

My only hope is that the petition included language to escrow the money from the sale so that it is not all immediately disbursed since she is still missing and not declared dead...yet. or at least her 50% interest is held for her. Oh and that the Letters of Guardianship were only issued for this one, single transaction.

JMO

Well done ! That’s why it’s filed in IN imo my guess is CO doesn’t have that provision but I’m curious about venue - just because the property is in IN shouldn’t control it - unless she wasn’t living in CO any longer ?? JMO
This may have already been answered, I'm still catching up. But in case it hasn't:

Colorado Probate Code §15-14-401:

(1) Upon petition and after notice and hearing, the court may appoint a limited or unlimited conservator or make any other protective order provided in this part 4 in relation to the estate and affairs of:

[...]

(b) Any individual, including a minor, if the court determines that, for reasons other than age:

(I) By clear and convincing evidence, the individual is unable to manage property and business affairs because the individual is unable to effectively receive or evaluate information or both or to make or communicate decisions, even with the use of appropriate and reasonably available technological assistance, or because the individual is missing, detained, or unable to return to the United States;  and
(II) By a preponderance of evidence, the individual has property that will be wasted or dissipated unless management is provided or money is needed for the support, care, education, health, and welfare of the individual or of individuals who are entitled to the individual's support and that protection is necessary or desirable to obtain or provide money.

Well her article states that the closing date is tomorrow!

The document also states that Barry Morphew is requesting to sell real estate in Indiana on behalf of Suzanne, who is the joint owner of a property that is currently in contract and scheduled to close on June 6.
I think most escrows take between 15 days (quick cash purchase) to 45 days. So it's possible SM and BM sold one of their rental properties before SM went missing, and BM now needs to finalize the sale.

This is appalling.

How did he get this done in such record time?
Did he take a quick little break from his search for his missing wife to fly out to IN, or what?

I thought that the Crew Dragon making it all the way into orbit within 12 minutes of launch was a remarkable feat.

I ask again: What's the rush?

JMO.

The docket read it was e-filed. I’m so perplexed by this whole case.

I think most escrows take between 15 days (quick cash purchase) to 45 days. So it's possible SM and BM sold one of their rental properties before SM went missing, and BM now needs to finalize the sale.

The CO article read that a closing date of June 6th had been established and the sale of the property (no address given) would continue as planned.

You mean like she had a tentative memorial made up ready to go with made up details and accidentally posted it? Perhaps, but still so strange.

I used to work for Ancestry.com. This is a continued problem, as the majority of the database relies entirely on user-provided information, supplemented with census and other government records (prison, hospital, etc...). This person appears to have had a loved one murdered, and took it upon themselves to create entries for other murder victims upon their deaths without familial consent or verification. Not cool at all.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member