Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
BM own words the bike was on the ground not leaned againist a tree. LE wont confrim anything why is that i wonder. Is because they dont have any evidence and with a Cat attack it is possiable that She was on the bike and when the Lion pounced from a tree knocked her and the bike back away from origanal spot of contact. These cats get huge so the body wieght of the cat would be the deteriming factor of how far the bike was knocked away

Why would LE shy away from describing the bike, issuing a BOLO etc. if they thought it was plausible? Keeping the investigation tight lipped, having dogs on night one and the FBI within two days speaks to something far more sinister than a hungry cat. Maybe a wolf however. You know those wolves.

BBM:

Righhhhhht??!

Meanwhile, back in Indiana, Judge Michael A. Casati's response:

"Okay, let's see, what do we have here….hmmm…..missing wife…couple lives in Colorado…210k reward…active investigation into her disappearance by LE….all righty, then!
Everything looks pretty straightforward to me. Where do I sign off?
Guardianship: Check!
Sale of Real Estate: Check, check!"

I mean, come ON.

I trust the judgment of our 4 attorneys far more than Judge Casati's, that's for sure.

JMO.
Exactly and he’s elected right ? I can’t remember for sure but I’m gonna venture a guess he may have a second look at this case oh maybe next week ? JMO

Shades of Letecia? You make an excellent point...JMO if I were a criminal, I think I would use something other than a lion;they aren’t very dependable, are they?
I don’t think BM intended to set the stage for a mountain lion attack, rather, I think he took advantage of it. Here’s why:

The whole bike ride narrative, along with the bike being found, was done in an effort to stage an abduction.

The expectation is that they would see the bike, and then begin investigating an abduction. God knows that scenario has occurred before.

For whatever reason, the sheriff’s department, CBI, and FBI, didn’t bite. They seem to have known that she wasn’t abducted, and quickly began focusing on BM.

In response to this, or in response to speculation that an animal attack occurred, the “mountain lion” theory emerged.

Looking at that YouTube video, it appears that BM is pushing a mix of both. Basically, “I thought she was attacked by a mountain lion, now I’m not sure she was attacked by a mountain lion, but she still could have been attacked by a mountain lion. Also, maybe she was abducted.”

Muddy waters, yet not really.

Am I the only one who is getting vibes that this case may ultimately reach a finale in Indiana rather than Colorado? With the uncertainty of the timeline of events and IN within a 24 hour drive ( a drive that is very familiar to BM).... I just have a weird feeling. There seems to be a lot of activity ( legally) in IN right now.

I too believe Indiana will be the site of more interesting turn of events.

Today I wanted to get out of my home office and persuaded my husband to take a little drive....we live very close to the Arcadia Morphew property. While we were turning onto the road that leads to the property, lo and behold a black truck with a man driving resembling BM, followed by a Jeep containing an officer in a badge, which appeared to be from the Hamilton County Sheriff's office, passed us. As both cars turned east toward Cicero, my gut wanted to follow but my brain didn't agree. Now I wish I had. We took some photos of the property and went back through Cicero. I only saw 20 black trucks during our tour through Cicero. Yes, they are popular in Indiana. I couldn't remember what kind of truck BM has.

When viewing the Morphew property it is fenced into sections. You can't see the house, it is nestled in the woods. The gated entrance is black iron with a large "M" on it. It also has an intercom to announce entry, along with a keypad. I haven't researched which parcel is what so not sure if the farmer working the land next to the gated entrance might be connected. He didn't seem to mind our presence.

We took some photos of the property and went back through Cicero. I only saw 20 black trucks during our tour through Cicero. Yes, they are popular in Indiana. I couldn't remember what kind of truck BM has. So "we" decided to go by BM mothers house in Noblesville to take a gander. No black truck. One more drive by to a certain business which was also gated, and the gate was open. We observed smoke coming from the property around the buildings and barns that are set back about a half a mile from the road. Not much, just enough to catch our attention. Then the gate started to close. Yes we were spotted.

So now as I came on to post, I see there was an Order granting temporary guardianship.... today...with a closing tomorrow on the property.

Is BM here? I think so. But this is all MOO of course.

(I tried to post some but said they were too large- probably against TOS to do so anyway)

I don’t think BM intended to set the stage for a mountain lion attack, rather, I think he took advantage of it. Here’s why:

The whole bike ride narrative, along with the bike being found, was done in an effort to stage an abduction.

The expectation is that they would see the bike, and then begin investigating an abduction. God knows that scenario has occurred before.

For whatever reason, the sheriff’s department, CBI, and FBI, didn’t bite. They seem to have known that she wasn’t abducted, and quickly began focusing on BM.

In response to this, or in response to speculation that an animal attack occurred, the “mountain lion” theory emerged.

Looking at that YouTube video, it appears that BM is pushing a mix of both. Basically, “I thought she was attacked by a mountain lion, now I’m not sure she was attacked by a mountain lion, but she still could have been attacked by a mountain lion. Also, maybe she was abducted.”

Or hit by a car and fell into the river and washed away. How about those muddy waters?

The last guardianship handled by our lawyers that included the sale of real property Sought permission of the judge (Through a similar petition to sell) we held the funds by court order (part of the petition to sell the property spelled out) in our trust account until the contested proceedings were decided - and then the judge’s order Of the disbursement to the guardian of the ward (his second wife) Was read in court and he said the “blood sucking kids got their last dime” (judges words I kid you not) and gave her the entire amount even though they wanted half and he was still alive - guardianship can get ugly when there are significant assets IMO

It's a shame when Judges aren't impartial but worst when they voice their biased and ugly opinion.

I too believe Indiana will be the site of more interesting turn of events.

Today I wanted to get out of my home office and persuaded my husband to take a little drive....we live very close to the Arcadia Morphew property. While we were turning onto the road that leads to the property, lo and behold a black truck with a man driving resembling BM, followed by a Jeep containing an officer in a badge, which appeared to be from the Hamilton County Sheriff's office, passed us. As both cars turned east toward Cicero, my gut wanted to follow but my brain didn't agree. Now I wish I had. We took some photos of the property and went back through Cicero. I only saw 20 black trucks during our tour through Cicero. Yes, they are popular in Indiana. I couldn't remember what kind of truck BM has.

When viewing the Morphew property it is fenced into sections. You can't see the house, it is nestled in the woods. The gated entrance is black iron with a large "M" on it. It also has an intercom to announce entry, along with a keypad. I haven't researched which parcel is what so not sure if the farmer working the land next to the gated entrance might be connected. He didn't seem to mind our presence.

We took some photos of the property and went back through Cicero. I only saw 20 black trucks during our tour through Cicero. Yes, they are popular in Indiana. I couldn't remember what kind of truck BM has. So "we" decided to go by BM mothers house in Noblesville to take a gander. No black truck. One more drive by to a certain business which was also gated, and the gate was open. We observed smoke coming from the property around the buildings and barns that are set back about a half a mile from the road. Not much, just enough to catch our attention. Then the gate started to close. Yes we were spotted.

So now as I came on to post, I see there was an Order granting temporary guardianship.... today...with a closing tomorrow on the property.

Is BM here? I think so. But this is all MOO of course.

(I tried to post some but said they were too large- probably against TOS to do so anyway)
Fantastic insight - I think I know the property that’s closing tomorrow but I can’t be sure
Thanks for the drive by

Suzanne Morphew and her husband Barry Morphew held properties (more than one) in Indiana, where they were born and raised. In approximately late 2018, they moved to Colorado and purchased a house there. Their tax bills from Indiana were sent to Colorado.

Suzanne went missing on Mother's Day, while BM was out of town. LE said they did not suspect suicide, animal attack or abduction. They live in a remote area near a river, and Suzanne's bike was found near the river.

3-4 weeks later, Barry wants Guardianship of her so that he can do something. We all suspect it has to do with finances and property, although it's possible that BM's lawyer in Colorado (criminal lawyer) may want access to some of SM's financial records that may not be available to BM.

Suzanne had been unwell, having gone through two different kinds of cancer and recently pronounced recovered. Many of us here think that means the couple would have had durable PoA, but perhaps they did not. At any rate, there are two daughters, one is 16, the other is 20. We are all wondering why a Guardianship/Conservatorship is needed, as well as how it is possible for a spouse to get one when their partner has only been missing for 4 weeks.

It seems that some family member (probably the older daughter) has waived contesting the upcoming Guardianship hearing.

Thank you for coming to the thread, @gitana1 It just seems so strange that someone could gain control of a missing person's finances so quickly and so readily.
It is very scary !!
When we had to get Guardianship for my mom through the court, my mom had to be declared incompetent. While my mom was not a missing person, there were a ton of state and county departments involved in the research or examination of her affairs, family, monetary, health, etc. It was a few months of probing into family matters.
I cannot believe they gave him the Guardianship so quickly plus the fact that she is missing. It does not make sense to me, but I am not an attorney or a court appointed person, I just know from having to experience it myself.
JMO but if he had to do this to get guardianship, then I can be pretty sure he did not have a POA in place or he could have utilized that legal document to process any legal activity, documents, etc.
JMO

and I would add, the condition of the bicycle when it was found provided the investigators with a wealth of information.

The big Cat problem needs addressing by each State . I find it rather dishearting that you cant find warnings that the Cats of wildlife have been spotted in area posted for warning of tourist. Found posting for the locals but if you look up sighting of moutian lions near a tourist town nothing but how to plan your trip and lion named places to visit. SM being attacked wasnt even in the posiabilties for me. I assume lots of blood would be found at the site of the bike. Not from the research i have done (thank you bing test your smarts) They will get ahold of their prey but they will take it away from 1st spot just incase other animals are near. The point of contact is not always the point of the kill. I need tho heal from surgery and get a good bill of health soon. I am writing to the wildlife offices about lack of inform easily accessed by people visting their states.
According to Wikipedia: List of fatal cougar attacks in North America - Wikipedia There have been two fatal mountain lion attacks in Colorado within the last SEVENTY YEARS; so rare as to be a virtual impossibility.

So far I have followed the Peterson (both Scott and Michael), Cooper, Young, Dulos, Broussard and lately Vallow cases....this one seems different to me even as much as I see suspicion in BM I am just not ready to jump off this very uncomfortable fence.

The last time I remember a husband who wanted to sell off the wifes vehicle and home was Scott Peterson and we know how that one ended he has a cell on death row that overlooks the same Bay his wife washed up on.
As for the lion attack I still cannot get behind that, a lion or bear is not on the hunt for humans to eat in the spring when food is plentiful and from what I saw on the video of BM showing where the bike was found I thought you would be able to easily see the bike from the road but from the video today because of the brush you would have to know where to look, and the bike was found by family the same day she went missing (?)
I have looked and also can't find any tiger king or Carol Baskin type places in the area where she may have been attacked by big cat from something like that. So I just cannot get behind the animal attack story.
And I remember on more than one occasion (because of my gracefulness) when I would wreck on my bike I would have no knee or elbow skin left luckily I am old enough people didn't think I was abused with the amount of band-aids I required as a bike riding speed demon. But there is no evidence that there was small amounts of blood or rock disturbance in the place that she was going so fast her bike ended up that far down the hill? And that is not a ravine. I also cannot get over the fact that according to BM the articles of SM were found in the opposite direction, another set up like the bike if you ask me.

It’s all pretty suspect, I agree. Not sure we know that family discovered SM’s bike; just that it was found sometime Sunday evening after neighbor notified LE that the two daughters hadn’t been able to make contact and were concerned.

BM showed a **total** lack of curiosity in the interview about the (peculiar amount of) distance between the bike and the personal “article” (his word) found by LE down the road. I know, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything in itself. But together with some of the other observations about his behavior — especially his making absolutely zero reference at all to his wife when telling TD where to search and what to do if he found “something” ... it’s just not passing the sniff test MOO

My guess is that real estate investments are part of the couple's income stream. My husband and I have had several such properties for decades. If SM signed a purchase/sales agreement more than a year ago, no judge would have a problem granting the temporary guardianship as was done in this case. A property's title must be clear and it would not be fair to the purchaser to hold up the transfer of the deed. In any event, it sounds like the judge agreed to do it and it is now a moot point.

JMO
IMHO the judge approved the sale to close since SM signed a sales agreement before she went missing. SM also may have accepted buyer's offer of purchase before going missing. So her intention to sell was clear.

But I don't think BM can start selling off their remaining jointly held properties without SM's death certificate. SM is not here to agree on any future sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675