Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Tricia wants members to know that she feels very badly that anyone was upset by the thread specific decision she made yesterday to allow discussion of the rumors in this case. She will revisit this matter as the situation warrants.

The Sheriff has specifically stated that Suzanne’s body was not found and Barry has not been arrested. Accordingly, Tricia has reversed the decision to allow discussion of any of the three rumors, specifically that:

- Suzanne’s body was found
- there is a mistress involved
- that Barry was arrested

Do not discuss those rumors.

Do NOT sleuth BM and his businesses and post your findings or questions about his background or businesses on this public thread.

Unless he is named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

The thread is open once again for members to discuss the case details within the regular WS parameters (i.e. as we believe them to be factual via MSM and LE).

Thank you.

This post falls at random:

Some gentle advice.....
If your post states:
“I remember reading that _____”
OR “Didn’t somebody say that ______”
OR “I don’t have a source but I saw somewhere that _____”
OR anything in that vein, you are posting a potential runaway rumor if it does not have a link to the info in MSM.

Runaway rumors are tough to stop, and often require a thread shutdown to clean up.
I know NO ONE ever intends that with what seems to be innocent questions, but once those words are printed here they can take on a life of their own.
Please consider carefully what you write. You can ask some of these questions in PMs that will remain off the board and not cause a proliferation of mistaken info taking over the thread.

THANKS from me - I really appreciate your efforts!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Admin Notes of May 20, May 24, May 29th have ALL stated that the whereabouts of the daughters is off limits.

Next member who enquires about their whereabouts will receive a 1 week Time Out from Websleuths.

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed due to badgering/bullying another member and/or snide, snarky comments and insinuations. This is the second time this has happened in this discussion. It seems our Warnings last time were either forgotten or ignored.

Tag-teaming or bullying another member is absolutely not tolerated by Websleuths and is subject to an automatic time out or permanent ban from Websleuths. Zero tolerance from this post forward. You will either be removed from this thread or permanently banned from Websleuths.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
The CBI spokesperson tells me there will be a press release tomorrow (6/10) with the Chaffee County Sheriff Office in regards to #suzannemorphew No arrests have been made in this #MissingPerson case.
4:33 PM · Jun 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Might want to bookmark, if you haven't already, this page as this is where all the press releases come from. I think there is another page also, same releases.

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

Ita.
Due to DM's history of "facts"... I take it with the proverbial grain. :rolleyes:

But of more interest to me was that LE wanted people to save footage from the 8th !
I have to assume (my opinion here) that LE have spoken with and maybe looked at the daughter's cell phones.
What LE discovered -- or not -- might be relevant.
What if no one saw or spoke to her since then ?

Texting can be faked and I'm also curious if someone(s) received a text that seemed "off" ?? :(
MOO

What I don't understand is why LE haven't obtained any local camera footage, not that I am aware of anyway.

Even if they suspect the husband or someone else, surely it would potentially help their case either way to look at it?!

I don't know, this case is so bizarre simply because of the lacking info.

MOO

I love this train of thought. How many killers have set the stage so someone else is the one to discover either a body, or evidence?

Creating distance is important, as it manufactures an alibi. I think this is exactly how it may have gone down.
I agree Mass...

And the quote below is point blank from the Sheriff.

"Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne."

While we wait for MSM verified reports
- is our timeline good?’
Timeline
6/1 - BM files incapacity proceedings in IN probate court seeking guardianship of SM - petition to sell property included - Temporary Letters issued naming BM Guardian and Order entered to sell property 6/5

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

5/29 - SM hometown shows support
Missing woman's hometown shows support

5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf

5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
https://heartoftherockiesradio.com/reward-increased-to-210000-for-information-leading-to-suzanne-morphew/

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

5/23- CCSO no new updates
Press release May 23, 2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM
May 22 Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
BREAKING: Police prohibit Suzanne Morphew’s family members from entering home

5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12
May 18 Press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
Find Suzanne Morphew

5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/14. When Colorado Channel 2 reporter asked Mr. Morphew if he’s interested in making a public plea, Mr. Morphew said “at this point it’s simply too soon”.

Video at link:
Lisa Novack Wood
5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend)
TN tells reporter bik0e has been found
Sheriff Spezze said they had found a few more item(s) the previous day 5/14.

Searching For Suzanne Morphew: Reward For Information Doubled To $200,000

Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search

5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Find Suzanne Morphew

https://www.********.com/f/suzanne-morphew

5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
YouTube

5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
News conference: Chaffee County Sheriff provides update on missing Maysville woman

5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride

I have been wanting to contribute to discussion here, but I find myself “blank” I guess?

There’s not much to discuss.

If LE thought she was alive, there would be a lot more searching and pleading to the public; lost or hurt or abducted, etc. Searches seemed to stop the minute they started.

If BM thought she was alive, well, no comment.

I have a feeling something is going to happen soon. Very soon. Well, hopefully sooner than in Tylee/JJ case.

It’s nearly impossible to disappear without a trace.

Suzanne deserves physical searches be made for her in the area from which she disappeared. Can't stand the thought of her being out there all alone.
They had and are....

"Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Sheriff personnel called members of Chaffee County Search and Rescue South and North and a search began immediately. The Department of Corrections was contacted and a request was made for tracking dogs to assist. They responded and joined the search. The search continued into the early morning hours with no results.
The search resumed in the early morning hours of May 11 with Search and Rescue. They once again scoured the area. Members were then called from the Chaffee County Tac Team along with search parties from the Department of Corrections and the area was once again scoured.
In all over 100 personnel were used during the search, however by late afternoon on May 11 Ms Morphew had not been found.
This will be an ongoing investigation into this matter..."

TO CLARIFY: This is NOT a press conference just a press release. The Chaffee County Sheriff Office has not sent out a written update (press release) since May 26 about the #MissingPerson case of #suzannemorphew

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1270545244539346946?s=21

It has been a MONTH since #suzannemorphew disappeared. So this press release could just be an update on their investigation such as how many tips law enforcement are following up on. I’m not sure when they’ll be sending it out. #FindSuzanne

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1270546028190547970?s=21

I don't understand why a thorough search for Suzanne has not been made. 90 or 100 searchers for 2-3 days is definitely not enough in this terrain.

Why has Texas Equusearch not been brought in?

While we wait for MSM verified reports
- is our timeline good?’
Timeline
6/1 - BM files incapacity proceedings in IN probate court seeking guardianship of SM - petition to sell property included - Temporary Letters issued naming BM Guardian and Order entered to sell property 6/5

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

5/29 - SM hometown shows support
Missing woman's hometown shows support

5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf

5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
https://heartoftherockiesradio.com/reward-increased-to-210000-for-information-leading-to-suzanne-morphew/

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

5/23- CCSO no new updates
Press release May 23, 2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM
May 22 Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview

5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed

5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
BREAKING: Police prohibit Suzanne Morphew’s family members from entering home

5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12
May 18 Press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
Find Suzanne Morphew

5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/14. When Colorado Channel 2 reporter asked Mr. Morphew if he’s interested in making a public plea, Mr. Morphew said “at this point it’s simply too soon”.

Video at link:
Lisa Novack Wood
5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend)
TN tells reporter bik0e has been found
Sheriff Spezze said they had found a few more item(s) the previous day 5/14.

Searching For Suzanne Morphew: Reward For Information Doubled To $200,000

Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search

5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Find Suzanne Morphew

https://www.********.com/f/suzanne-morphew

5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
YouTube

5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
News conference: Chaffee County Sheriff provides update on missing Maysville woman

5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride
oviedo excellent work!!

I don't understand why a thorough search for Suzanne has not been made. 90 or 100 searchers for 2-3 days is definitely not enough in this terrain.

Why has Texas Equusearch not been brought in?
It is if you know there was never a bike ride. Hell, I’m surprised they invested that much time.

Due diligence I guess.

Equusearch is great if you actually have a general idea where to begin looking. <modsnip: removed direct accusation>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member