Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is fast moving, so I don't know if this has been posted yet, it just appeared on the court website filed today in LV's case

06/10/2020 Motion for Release to Defense Counsel Re: Search Warrant No.: 2020-68
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR33-20-0302/Motion for Release to Defense Counsel RE Search Warrant No 2020-68.pdf

Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest

Means is requesting a copy of the sealed search warrant re. Chad's case.

Hopefully Prosecutor Rob Wood will tell him to bog off.
I'm surprised he isn't asking that the charges against Lori be dropped since the kids are now dead and therefore she did not abandon them. I bet that's coming soon. She had NO IDEA! Chad told her they were safe! In a safe house somewhere!

I share the revulsion and disgust towards Lori like everyone else. However, I think it is very important to remind ourselves that we are a country of laws and every person has a right to a fair trial. Moreover, attorneys have an obligation to represent their clients zealously -- even when the client is despised by almost everyone. We may not like it, but I believe he is entitled to this information in representing her.

This morning I was listening to an episode on Criminal titled Red Hair, Gold Car. I highly recommend this episode to everyone here: Episode 133: Red Hair, Gold Car (2.7.2020) It is a very good reminder how important it is for us to guard our system and its safeguards for every defendant -- even disgusting ones.
That's a good one. I love Criminal

Family Court Case Information - Case History
Party Information
Brandon Boudreaux Petitioner Male Bradley Crider
Melani Boudreaux Respondent Female J Scoresby

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
6/8/2020 NSC - Notice of Substitution of Counsel 6/9/2020

**Totally my opinion...Melani is the one to keep an eye on. Now switching attorneys after her last ones held a press conference making accusations about ex husband Brandon (who was actually shot at in a drive by that included a vehicle owned by Charles Vallow) She knows more and was living in Rexburg when the children were killed.
Yeah, I have been keeping an eye on this one too. The best place to watch is the Maricopa County Jail inmate search because in Maricopa County anyone that ends up being held on out of jurisdiction charges won't show up in the court dockets. For the inmate search you will need date of birth which can be obtained from the Clark County, NV Marriage license that Justin Lum posted way back (19890424 for MP).

So if Lori is being held on abandoning the children and we now know the children are dead, can they still hold her on these charges? I would think they would have to charge her with something else ASAP so they can continue to hold her. Does anyone know? Maybe one of our attorney’s here? @AZlawyer do you know? MOO

I know there were things that did not go very well at all but from what it looked like to them at the time was their hands were tied. There was an order for a mental health assessment, but those are only as good when the interviewee is being truthful and accurate. Remember- they were assessing for mental illness (ie: schizophrenia, delusional disorder, gravely disabled, psychosis) not looking for a conniving, vengeful, dangerous premeditating murderous female who had not been convicted of committing a crime. iMO
I was speaking of their lax investigation into his death, not her mental competency.

So we are now likely to see the abandonment charges dropped and murder charges brought instead against Lori. Or will murder charges be in addition to the abandonment?
Could we also see murder, and/or conspiracy to murder against Chad as additional charges too?

Chad has said he will not appear at any more hearings. How is he allowed to do this? But he will have to appear at his trial right?

I share the revulsion and disgust towards Lori like everyone else. However, I think it is very important to remind ourselves that we are a country of laws and every person has a right to a fair trial. Moreover, attorneys have an obligation to represent their clients zealously -- even when the client is despised by almost everyone. We may not like it, but I believe he is entitled to this information in representing her.

This morning I was listening to an episode on Criminal titled Red Hair, Gold Car. I highly recommend this episode to everyone here: Episode 133: Red Hair, Gold Car (2.7.2020) It is a very good reminder how important it is for us to guard our system and its safeguards for every defendant -- even disgusting ones.
Every one deserves a fair trial. Let’s be as fair to her as she was to JJ, Tylee, and Charles.

That was said in jest, sort of. I’m glad everyone gets a fair trial. They should. Right now my heart bleeds for Tylee and JJ and families.

Last edited:
A different angle of the orange tarp/bag? at the search site.

*These are from the drone photos that were posted here yesterday.

Oh dear
This RN sees what looks like femur (thigh bone) completely broken in half. It's at the bottom edge of the orange thing between the white bucket and the balled up orange material. Femur "head" looks like a cartoon bone. Something like this V

IANAL but LVD was responsible for the care, custody and control of the health, safety, and welfare of her children. If they are in fact dead - she failed miserably to make sure they were safe. I don't think she will get a get out of jail free card at all. In fact, I firmly believe that LVD and CD will be convicted and both will get to carry the forever title of : SERIAL KILLERS!

1000% agree however what rights does he have to those records (honest question) because John Prior is the lawyer for Chad in this case. People can have multiple lawyers for various things. I'm trying to understand what authority MM has in this case, if any

Our criminal justice system has a very strong preference for transparency and disclosure and defendants are generally entitled to copies of relevant evidence. The state will likely argue that the evidence should not be disclosed yet because it is an ongoing investigation. However, MM will argue that he is acting as an officer of the court and that he should be entitled to see the documents as part of his efforts to represent Lori. My guess is that the court will probably review the materials and redact any names or sensitive info and then allow MM to review with strict requirements that no copies be made and no information disclosed. Courts have to bend over backwards to give a defendant's counsel access to the evidence being used against a defendant.

This leads to me to believe that Lori was not the one who told them where the children were. And also I noticed it said the warrant was signed 6/5/20. I wonder why they waited 4 days to serve it? MOO

To coordinate a backhoe and the amount of manpower needed to be out there. This was not a "new" burial that needed rush. They needed precision. JMVHO

I could be 100% wrong and probably will be. But as of right now, I'm not convinced Alex had any involvement in the deaths of JJ and Tylee.

He strikes me as a family protector. He went after Joseph Ryan, CV, and probably BB.

I tend to agree. And he may also have formed loving and protective uncle relationships with the kids. This was likely a CD/LVD job.

I hope their passing wasn’t painful or drawn out. I expect there was poison or meds/drugs of some kind, distancing the killers from their acts, and I also fear that there will have been “communications from beyond the veil,” received exclusively by these same killers, offering up understanding, acceptance and even forgiveness for their deaths — again, so CD and LVD could reimagine their crimes as noble sacrifices (not by them, of course, never by them) in the name of the great cause, and go on living.

I despise these two. To pretend that anything about their ego “mission” was good or just or godly or necessary while murdering good people and kids - for what? A shag and some cash, basically.

If convicted they’ll both be prison preachers, IMO. I hope they gain no followers and rot alone.

So if Lori is being held on abandoning the children and we now know the children are dead, can they still hold her on these charges? I would think they would have to charge her with something else ASAP so they can continue to hold her. Does anyone know? Maybe one of our attorney’s here? @AZlawyer do you know? MOO
I think they will have to change the charges. As you can't abandon dead children. But seems like there should be plenty of other charged LE can come up with.

The prosecution can certainly continue with the current case if they wish because the fact that the children are deceased now does not mean Lori did not abandon them or exculpate her from her responsibility to the children. Most likely the charges will be upgraded soon, but there isn't any rush to do so now.

Our criminal justice system has a very strong preference for transparency and disclosure and defendants are generally entitled to copies of relevant evidence. The state will likely argue that the evidence should not be disclosed yet because it is an ongoing investigation. However, MM will argue that he is acting as an officer of the court and that he should be entitled to see the documents as part of his efforts to represent Lori. My guess is that the court will probably review the materials and redact any names or sensitive info and then allow MM to review with strict requirements that no copies be made and no information disclosed. Courts have to bend over backwards to give a defendant's counsel access to the evidence being used against a defendant.

Thanks. Just seemed premature and overreaching as my first reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member