Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find.

They have a good "hunch" IMO to look there after yesterday's developments. Wouldn't that be something if he had helped others hide a body way back in 1995 because of his grave digging experience.

"Friday was their inaugural test. They focused on searching for Kiplyn Davis who disappeared in 1995."

"Jason Jensen with the coalition said Kiplyn Davis’ family knew of Daybell."

"In 2011, Timmy Olsen pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. But he claimed someone else killed her and he helped move her body"

"Olsen did tell investigators Davis was buried in Spanish Fork Canyon, but she was never found despite numerous searches."

Friday, the coalition focused on a new search location at a cemetery in Springville. They chose that location based on a hunch. Chad Daybell who is involved in a missing children’s case in Idaho once was a gravedigger at the same cemetery."

The Justice Files: In search of bodies of the deceased

This is a fabulous post/article... Article written in April 2020, so perhaps this whole "sting" was a strategic blend of this new technology, weather and ground conditions changing, tracking individuals whereabouts, and a hunch that a gravedigger may bury on his own land... seems so plausible now!!

He sat in his car for hours before quickly leaving. Is that when the backhoe was brought in?...

Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. Matthew was standing outside when he said he saw a convoy of law enforcement coming down the road to serve a search warrant. They surrounded the home, he said, and made all of Chad's adult children leave the house. Chad also left, but Matthew said Chad sat in his car for hours.

Then suddenly, Matthew saw Chad try to leave.

"I saw his car take off down the road headed south towards Rexburg," Matthew said. "Just seconds later, the marked police cars had their lights and sirens, and floored it to go catch him."

Chad Daybell's neighbor describes 'strange' behavior after JJ and Tylee's disappearance

I think we are going to see murder charges but probably not soon. With both of them in custody there just is no reason to rush new charges. Better to get the ducks in a row first. Tammy's autopsy will be key. I think for the kids the autopsies might be inconclusive after 9 months. But I think there is enough circumstantial evidence to eventually charge both LV and CD. I don't expect a conviction in CV's death although I would not be surprised to see charges filed. It would be hard to overcome AC's confession to the actual death and, while I believe there was a conspiracy, I don't think they will ever find enough evidence to convict in that one.
Right, TR was murdered and AC had a convenient death.

Just speculating, but LE might’ve also gotten a warrant to surveil Chad’s phone. So he might’ve unintentionally provided the new evidence that led to the warrant.

As for the reason behind the affidavit being sealed, maybe there was a CI or other witness involved, who they want to keep under wraps for now. Hard to say anything for sure, it’s mostly speculation. They might also want to prevent Chad/Lori/lawyers from knowing what potential evidence they may have for now. For potential further charges, etc.

Does anyone remember a video from earlier today (yesterday now) where it was being explained by some official why they sealed the probable cause affidavit of Chad's arrest warrant? Something about it caught my attention and I wanted to comment on it but I didn't at that point because I was trying to get caught up in the thread. Now, going back, I can't find it.

Basically, from what I remember, it was explained that the affidavit needed to be sealed for the safety and protection of officers who are working on this or other closely related cases. I found that odd as both Chad and Lori were in custody at this point, which seemed to insinuate that there was another potential threat/POI out there and therefore they couldn't release the probable cause affidavit publicly.

Doing a google search the only thing I could find is this, which says nearly the same thing, but it's not an exact quote from the speaker (whom appears to have been Rob Wood) and is equally strange since it talks about the scene of the crime specifically, which I don't remember from the video I now can't find (emphasis mine):

Wood named special Fremont County prosecutor, seals investigation documents - Local News 8

"Wood also received approval of a motion sealing documents and other information contained in the probable cause documents. He said the affidavit and warrant contains facts or statements which could compromise the integrity of ongoing criminal investigation or jeopardize the safety of officers or individuals currently investigating the scene in search of physical evidence."

Thoughts?
Consider if the warrant was unsealed: Upon serving the warrant with unsealed probable cause, everyone in the world will know at the outset why they are there along with potential evidence from the ongoing investigations (TD's death, missing children). You bolded both parts that are important, not just the safety of officers, but integrity of the ongoing investigation. As to the "safety of officers or individuals", yes, from LE point of view a warrant to search is not a warrant to arrest. They couldn't arrest without charges and at the point of beginning the search they had no conclusive evidence of crime or they would have arrested. If they suspected even as much as they found, Chad, unrestrained, would have been a risk of the safety of officers and individuals (family, himself, neighbors) for the few hours until they found probable cause to arrest him. Seal the search warrant to protect all.

You forgot stupidity, insanity, vanity, deflection, smugness, arrogance, serial killings, lying, plastic surgery, rampant denials, blame....let’s see, what else did i miss?? ;). JMO
Could you supply a link to "plastic surgery" discussion in WS? I'm trying to catch up and missed that piece of the picture.

Just speculating, but LE might’ve also gotten a warrant to surveil Chad’s phone. So he might’ve unintentionally provided the new evidence that led to the warrant.

As for the reason behind the affidavit being sealed, maybe there was a CI or other witness involved, who they want to keep under wraps for now. Hard to say anything for sure, it’s mostly speculation. They might also want to prevent Chad/Lori/lawyers from knowing what potential evidence they may have for now. For potential further charges, etc.
Also, witnesses disappear in this case so prudent to keep sources sealed at first.

Lori's children are found in her new husband's backyard and her first statement is: 'why did they search there?'. No expression of horror or shock that her children who were allegedly kept safe by her faith and trust are now found to be dead and buried!

I am interested too. Did someone else know? How did the police know where to search?

Once again, this validates my belief that the spirit of the body, "wants" to be found. It sounds crazy. But so many bodies are "found", Gannon Stauch, Cupcake Davis, Stacey Peterson...when the perpetrator tried to get rid of the evidence.

When the original information about the body of Tylee potentially being in YNP, I knew that it would be an impossible task to find anything. But right in CD's backyard?! Amazingly inept.

i believe that to be where JJ was, the hole itself is too small to be Tylee she was a larger built girl, you can also see to the right is where they dug under him to pick him up

extremely creepy but also the begs the question where was Tylee burred because it wasn't there

they also banned flights over the area for 2 hours so they couldn't get footage of the bodies
Isn't the stuff on the orange space blanket human remains? It seems odd to have it lying out there in the elements (maybe LE didn't want to handle it unduly?), but that sure looked like what it is to me right off the bat. There's a skull, no?
And if that really is a space blanket (as I think), the perp may have thought this would provide some insulation, either for transport, or aroma, or whatever. It might also have just been on hand as an emergency blanket in the car, or a picnic blanket, or an "outdoor" item in the kit that went to Yellowstone.

My thoughts on the timing of the search:
Apart from any other material evidence or interviews with LE of which we may not all know (including neighbor's recollection of bonfires), we have the State of Idaho. Before March, knowledge of the search location is possible considering the presence of the FBI Mobile Unit that remained behind RPD for what seemed an eternity. However, Idaho ground was frozen and would have been difficult to search and sift through with chunks of ice and frozen dirt on scene. Second, we have COVID-19. We've seen the LEOs and Idaho justice system follow protocol set by the State in all aspects of the other aspects of this case. According to Stages of Reopening, Idaho Governor allowed Stage Three on May 30 which included the allowance of gatherings of people 10-50. There were around 50 people on site these last two days. The State could not conduct a search before May 30 according to its own legal statement. I'm sure if life were in danger exceptions could be argued, but it appears to me that knowledge of the location was known for months. Bravo to LE/FBI for keeping that tight-lipped for so long waiting this out, especially with the public outcry and repeated delays in the ongoing criminal case.

She was likely at the second site by the pond.... I'll repost my pic's from yesterday.

She may have been dismembered in some way though, b/c of the 'egregious' condition of one, and the fact she took longer to positively ID.
Awful!!
1) site A the pond
View attachment 250818
2) Site B the fire pit
View attachment 250819
View attachment 250820
Just to be clear - no one has been positively identified yet. The autopsy on both has yet to happen. I think it’s unofficial at this point. Thanks!

Last edited:
Isn't the stuff on the orange space blanket human remains? It seems odd to have it lying out there in the elements (maybe LE didn't want to handle it unduly?), but that sure looked like what it is to me right off the bat. There's a skull, no?
And if that really is a space blanket (as I think), the perp may have thought this would provide some insulation, either for transport, or aroma, or whatever. It might also have just been on hand as an emergency blanket in the car, or a picnic blanket, or an "outdoor" item in the kit that went to Yellowstone.
Some here have speculated about this, but it would be a huge breach of forensic protocol to leave remains unattended and in the open there. If you study the video and photographs you can see very little evidence that the material on the orange blanket is being treated as prominent. The resolution of the images is insufficient to identify anything definitively and heads would roll if it the skull and bones of a child were left uncovered to be photographed by the press helicopters and planes overhead.

Great find.

They have a good "hunch" IMO to look there after yesterday's developments. Wouldn't that be something if he had helped others hide a body way back in 1995 because of his grave digging experience.

"Friday was their inaugural test. They focused on searching for Kiplyn Davis who disappeared in 1995."

"Jason Jensen with the coalition said Kiplyn Davis’ family knew of Daybell."

"In 2011, Timmy Olsen pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. But he claimed someone else killed her and he helped move her body"

"Olsen did tell investigators Davis was buried in Spanish Fork Canyon, but she was never found despite numerous searches."

Friday, the coalition focused on a new search location at a cemetery in Springville. They chose that location based on a hunch. Chad Daybell who is involved in a missing children’s case in Idaho once was a gravedigger at the same cemetery."

The Justice Files: In search of bodies of the deceased

This is a fabulous post/article... Article written in April 2020, so perhaps this whole "sting" was a strategic blend of this new technology, weather and ground conditions changing, tracking individuals whereabouts, and a hunch that a gravedigger may bury on his own land... seems so plausible now!!
Apart from any other material evidence or interviews with LE of which we may not all know (including neighbor's recollection of bonfires), we have the State of Idaho. Before March, knowledge of the search location is possible considering the presence of the FBI Mobile Unit that remained behind RPD for what seemed an eternity. However, Idaho ground was frozen and would have been difficult to search and sift through with chunks of ice and frozen dirt on scene. Second, we have COVID-19. We've seen the LEOs and Idaho justice system follow protocol set by the State in all aspects of the other aspects of this case. According to Stages of Reopening, Idaho Governor allowed Stage Three on May 30 which included the allowance of gatherings of people 10-50. There were around 50 people on site these last two days. The State could not conduct a search before May 30 according to its own legal statement. I'm sure if life were in danger exceptions could be argued, but it appears to me that knowledge of the location was known for months. Bravo to LE/FBI for keeping that tight-lipped for so long waiting this out, especially with the public outcry and repeated delays in the ongoing criminal case.

Just seems strange that this is coming up now. Maybe Chad if involved liked the feeling...jmo

Does anyone remember a video from earlier today (yesterday now) where it was being explained by some official why they sealed the probable cause affidavit of Chad's arrest warrant? Something about it caught my attention and I wanted to comment on it but I didn't at that point because I was trying to get caught up in the thread. Now, going back, I can't find it.

Basically, from what I remember, it was explained that the affidavit needed to be sealed for the safety and protection of officers who are working on this or other closely related cases. I found that odd as both Chad and Lori were in custody at this point, which seemed to insinuate that there was another potential threat/POI out there and therefore they couldn't release the probable cause affidavit publicly.

Doing a google search the only thing I could find is this, which says nearly the same thing, but it's not an exact quote from the speaker (whom appears to have been Rob Wood) and is equally strange since it talks about the scene of the crime specifically, which I don't remember from the video I now can't find (emphasis mine):

Wood named special Fremont County prosecutor, seals investigation documents - Local News 8

"Wood also received approval of a motion sealing documents and other information contained in the probable cause documents. He said the affidavit and warrant contains facts or statements which could compromise the integrity of ongoing criminal investigation or jeopardize the safety of officers or individuals currently investigating the scene in search of physical evidence."

Thoughts?

Standard CYA language. You could check requirements for sealing probable cause documents in Idaho.

JMO..what if cadaver dogs hit on something in the storage unit and had to wait until they had more information.

i post this article again.... The Justice Files: In search of bodies of the deceased

I can really see all of this just to be "LE doing its job". Though we find the burial on his property to be outlandish.... LE would not. It is an every day occurrence with missing persons' deaths, to them.
There is an aerial shot of the property showing a lot of green growing grass around that pit. Just more forensic evidence.

I still hope we find out how/where the kids were killed...we have been discussing it for months.
I also want to know the "egregious details of Tylee's death. It is part of the facts of the case.
I also want to know who knew.

There is a sadness with us finding the main question over all these months ..."where are the kids" but this case's justice has just begun..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa