Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was arrested in the morning. So the night of the search he had been in jail for almost the entire day. Night can only mean the night before.
The hearing was the next day. So when lawyer says police showed up last night, he clearly means the day of the search. Chad was sitting in his car, and apparently about to take of when he was arrested on the day of the search. The lawyer is claiming that on the day of the search, Chad wasn't going to flee, not that police showed up the day before search at Chad's house. I have no clue why he used the term last night instead of yesterday but it's very clear that is what he means.

You are right, and we agree that police would have every right to go there but not to question him. So why would they warn him about a sealed warrant and give him the opportunity to abscond or obstruct the evidence? And why the new attorney all of a sudden?
Obviously, we are all speculating, but if we assume law enforcement knows with confidence that the kids are buried in his yard it would be very possible for them to set up officers monitoring the site while investigators knock on the door to advise him of the warrant. Think about it. He's not going to be able to hide the evidence now and we know they were watching him -- very possibly to see if he would try to leave (at which point they would almost certainly have arrested him -- or possibly have followed him to see where he might go). We don't know what their plan was, but I'm just saying that there is quite a bit of precedent for giving a suspect notice of a warrant to see if they will talk or take action that may inculpate them. I would expect Chad to call for a new attorney the moment he figures out his deeds are about to be found out. In fact, it would have been surprising if he stayed with LV's attorney. Moreover, if he did place a call to her attorney it is a pretty sure bet he would have said, "Dude, you need to get another attorney pronto."

JJ didn't even know that his father Charles was dead, he believed Charles was traveling. So no way JJ saw anything incriminating.
Agreed. But Tylee did and that’s why she had to go. JJ disappeared because Tylee was no longer there to take care of him. Plus too big a chance he’d mention to Kay or others that Tylee wasn’t around anymore. We know from Kay’s reports re her last conversation w/JJ it seemed Lori was scripting his words then cut the conversation short. IIRC Tylee hadn’t even disappeared yet, still Lori was worried about what JJ might say. Imagine her reaction if he started making a fuss about Tylee to others.

The hearing was the next day. So when lawyer says police showed up last night, he clearly means the day of the search. Chad was sitting in his car, and apparently about to take of when he was arrested on the day of the search. The lawyer is claiming that on the day of the search, Chad wasn't going to flee, not that police showed up the day before search at Chad's house. I have no clue why he used the term last night instead of yesterday but it's very clear that is what he means.

This makes sense as well. I also wouldn't put a lot of weight on what this attorney says. It is his job to try and paint the best picture possible for his client and he sure isn't going to say, "yeah, he was about to bolt" even though it is pretty clear he was about to.

That is possible that the attorney is mistaken. I think though that it is also a strong possibility that Chad is cooperating without the benefit of a deal because he hopes to only be charged with the current felonies and decided he isn't going down with the ship.

That is possible that the attorney is mistaken. I think though that it is also a strong possibility that Chad is cooperating without the benefit of a deal because he hopes to only be charged with the current felonies and decided he isn't going down with the ship.
I don't think there is any chance that Chad was cooperating. Hoping to be charged with the current felonies? That would net him a long time in prison. I would think he was hoping not be charged with anything.

Police didn't show up in Chad's house the night before the search. Last night is the night before the hearing in court. Last night means the day of the search.
He was likely detained and given time to get his own attorney. Technically he "voluntarily" submitted to arrest in the same way he was "willing" to show up for the bail hearing.

The lawyer is just trying to frame everything in the best possible light to make Chad think he has a shot.

Tammy was buried for 2 months and embalmed. If she was poisoned, that might be impossible to determine because of embalming and the lengthy burial before autopsy. If there is no cause of death, then it's hard to charge Chad with anything connected to Tammy's death. So if bodies of children were never discovered, I am assuming he was hoping to remain free as a bird.

Yes. When you get caught with your wife's children buried in your yard your situation is pretty bleak. And, of course, Lori is in an equally bad position now as well. There is going to be immense pressure on both of them to leverage the info they have. I predict that Lori isn't sleeping much now and is devoting her time to developing a story that will paint her in the best possible light. Unfortunately for her, that's going to be pretty much impossible given the position she has taken up to this point by refusing to provide any information whatsoever. Her best bet is probably to try and say Chad did the actual killing and pressured her into silence. I don't believe there is any plausible path to walking free again for either of them.

I don't think there is any chance that Chad was cooperating. Hoping to be charged with the current felonies? That would net him a long time in prison. I would think he was hoping not be charged with anything.

The maximum sentence is 5 years.

And if he was cooperating I am sure his lawyer would have mentioned that at the bail hearing.

Now I do think that someone cooperated given how specific the dig locations were. I just have no idea who. Get ready for Lori and Chad to dream up some story about Alex.

I cropped and zoomed in on these pictures.

ECqeUWE.jpg

WhkfMAx.jpg

Another weird thing about this case is that Lori and Chad barely knew each other. So it’s mind boggling that they would take part in these lunatic crimes even though they were more or less strangers.

Also, it looks like Lori long behaved in a questionable, even criminal manner. So she had some kind of natural progression to these crimes I guess.

But Chad pretty much jumped right into serious crime, the same way he jumped into this insane relationship with Lori. He had been a huckster for some time but nothing more than that.

It’s so hard to understand.

This is why I tend to think that Lori is the mastermind behind all of it. Typically the way a narcissist works is through extreme flattery and ego-boosting that many of their victims cannot "see through" until they've been drawn into their web of deceit and lies. Pride goeth before a fall.

I do not see Lori showing any empathy or remorse, a sign of narcissism. Chad, on the other hand, I believe is showing signs that his conscience is working on him overtime. JMO

In this CourtTV news report from Chad’s home last evening, shows members of the LDS church helping Chad’s daughter (who lives across the street) move over into Chad’s home. Video at the link: DOOMSDAY CULT MOM: Neighbor Says Chad Had Big Bonfires

Thank for such. I believe that LE may have had installed a pole cam across the property? MOO? In this screen shot.

We at WS have seen in other cases for LE to legally keep track of a property... we shall see...

Polecam.JPG

Yes. When you get caught with your wife's children buried in your yard your situation is pretty bleak. And, of course, Lori is in an equally bad position now as well. There is going to be immense pressure on both of them to leverage the info they have. I predict that Lori isn't sleeping much now and is devoting her time to developing a story that will paint her in the best possible light. Unfortunately for her, that's going to be pretty much impossible given the position she has taken up to this point by refusing to provide any information whatsoever. Her best bet is probably to try and say Chad did the actual killing and pressured her into silence. I don't believe there is any plausible path to walking free again for either of them.

Her sleepless hours are probably spent trying to figure out how to blame Alex for everything that ever went wrong in her life.

In this case we have heard Lori was collecting about $6000 a month for the kids. That seems like a pretty big anti-motive. I absolutely think she had the kids killed or did it herself at this point. But I am still really perplexed on the motive. Tylee was 17. She could have waited her out. JJ could have been given back to Kay. Why give up $6000/month and bring subject yourself to life in prison for a few weeks or months with your dream partner. That really doesn't make any sense to me. Especially for a guy with essentially no earning potential! If she is a gold digger her prospecting skills are pretty abyssmal!

I too am perplexed by a ton in this case. However, I think the zombies and 144,000 were a motive. As absurd as that is for me to even type, the accounts given by CV and MG support that. In my opinion, she's delusional and trying to understand her logic is difficult as mothers involved in murdering their kids simply are thinking logically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592