Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s nothing at all that I can see that points in any way to him coming forward. Enough evidence was obtained to get a search warrant, the police descended upon his house while he sat in his car, and started digging. He tried to drive away, was arrested, and thrown in jail. Where hopefully he will never leave. Jmo

ETA correction of typo

Well, then, who did tip off the police, to look in that specific spot? We only know of Lori or Chad who would have specifically been privy to that information.

Well, then, who did tip off the police, to look in that specific spot? We only know of Lori or Chad who would have specifically been privy to that information.

It is possible Chad confided in someone or even may have had some assistance. That person may have decided to come clean. We simply won't know for some time what the real story is.

This post is for the sake of discussion ONLY

Notice: JMO - MOO - JMO - MOO

As for the who cracked first/the swift charges discussion, I cannot stop thinking of this:
  • LE show up to the house with a search warrant and a cadaver dog
  • LE started digging and found remains
  • Meanwhile, CD reportedly sits in the car for hours before taking off then getting taken into custody
  • We know CD had counsel so he was under no obligation to talk to LE except....
With grown children living in the house and remains in the backyard, was there perhaps a threat that every adult in the house would be arrested if CD did not take responsibility on some level, with or without, his attorney present?

I realize the property, on the date of the search, discovery, and arrest, was in his and TD's name, but with adult children living in the house and equally having access to the property, would they have potentially been in legal jeopardy as well?

And could this also explain why forensic identification of the remains, prior to the releasing to whom they belong, to the families and the public, wasn't warranted in this case?

Last edited:
*If* Chad was in some way the informant (and I'm not really sure I think that's the most logical answer, but still) … then I think the only way the wording of that warrant makes sense is if he was also just throwing Lori under the bus 100% … because yes, in that case I could see how he'd be potentially subjecting himself to the wrath of a variety of others, and how perhaps he might also be to some degree in need of protection, at least for a while …

It is possible Chad confided in someone or even may have had some assistance. That person may have decided to come clean. We simply won't know for some time what the real story is.
I believe at the very least Alex had to know and most likely helped. He was friendly and talked with MG, MP and married Zp. All of whom he could have told. Maybe Mp told IP and hes the one to come forward. Not sure if Alex would have told MG. He may have told ZP having just married her. Didnt MP have a wedding night confession with IP maybe it's a thing.
ETA. Hope all those initials dont confuse you:p

Last edited:
Yes, he is officially arrested and is in jail.

However, he's only arrested on two felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence.

"The documents allege Daybell concealed or aided in concealing human remains on or between dates that line up with when JJ and Tylee went missing and today."
Chad Daybell arrested in Lori Vallow missing Idaho children case

Similarly, LV is only arrested for child desertion and contempt of court, etc.

So, neither has been arrested for murder. Building the case for murder will be complex process, IMO.

There's also the death of CD's wife. Potentially, the case against CD for her murder could very strong. That might potentially be used as leverage to get some kind of confession about the children.

4 THOUSAND SMACKS a month in Social Security payments she would cash on their behalf.

This! Disgusting. She’s a dark Evil THING.

This is spot on and it is scary that these evil people live amongst pure children such as Tylee and JJ. Parents are in a powerful position as their children depend on them to protect them from the evils of the world. In the eyes of a child or teenager for that matter, I cannot imagine the pure terror to learn your own parents/step-parents want to take your life from this planet.:( God Bless these sweet children and may God be holding them close in His arms.

I'm checking in and I see the thread has not been updated with "arrests"
ETA: Moved to Deceased/Located. sad day for sure
I thought the mod said the thread would not be moved here until there was an official declaration that the bodies were JJ and Tylee.
Did the authorities give us that yet?
(I already know the families said so but I’m talking about LE)

As for the who cracked first/the swift charges discussion, I cannot stop thinking of this:
  • LE show up to the house with a search warrant and a cadaver dog
  • LE started digging and found remains
  • Meanwhile, CD reportedly sits in the car for hours before taking off then getting taken into custody
  • We know CD had counsel so he was under no obligation to talk to LE except....
With grown children living in the house and remains in the backyard, was there perhaps a threat that every adult in the house would be arrested if CD did not take responsibility on some level, with or without, his attorney present?

I realize the property, on the date of the search, discovery, and arrest, was in his and TD's name, but with adult children living in the house and equally having access to the property, would they have potentially been in legal jeopardy as well?

And could this also explain why forensic identification of the remains, prior to the releasing to whom they belong, to the families and the public, wasn't warranted in this case?
As far as I can tell, Chad's children had no idea that Lori even had kids. I don't think every adult in the house would have been arrested, and nothing to suggest CD took any responsibility for anything. Forensic ID of bodies is always done. It has nothing to do with this particular case.

I thought the mod said the thread would not be moved here until there was an official declaration that the bodies were JJ and Tylee.
Did the authorities give us that yet?
(I already know the families said so but I’m talking about LE)
That's why I asked - I havent' had a chance to read all the posts yet ....

Sorry if a double post...Fast moving Twitter today :

https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/1271453601248899072
If Chad Daybell finds a way to post bond, there do not seem to be any restrictions that would prevent him from returning to his home, so long as he wears an ankle monitor. Local bondsmen say it's very unlikely Chad Daybell would be able to find a company willing to work w/ him.

(removed the files for quoting purposes)

"As a bondman I'm trying to protect the 8th Amendment. Everyone has a right to a reasonable bail while they're on trial. Now that they've found the remains buried on his property, you try not to be judge and jury, but that makes it a little difficult." (1/2)
7:45 AM · Jun 12, 2020·Twitter Web App

@Ohmeohmy Good catch!

Wow. The plot, and/or plotting, thickens....

JMO

Honestly, I don't think anyone "cracked" and spilled the beans. Why would they do that now? Why not when they were being questioned? I truly believe that a month ago the neighbor called LEO about the bonfires. LEO obtained aerial footage and compared/contrasted before & after pics (google maps for example or maybe even their own phots from early on). Got a search warrant (as they have been waiting for snow/covid)based upon changes in soil to bring in cadaver dogs and ground penetrating radar. Why would CD tell anyone the exact place he buried these children? Who would want to hear that from him? Everyone was dug so deep in "the children are fine because he is a nice guy so there neener neener" that he could not save face with anyone doing that after lying and betraying them to begin with.
LEO went straight to 2 spots on this property and laid out 2 blue tarps. They then proceeded to rake the whole area where I assume CD wanted to put the motor/mobilehome. We saw that live from copter footage.
We have the technology to do this, it is 2020 and cases can be solved through scientific forensic methods and not just gossip through the ward or community.
All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members